Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

Kamikaze

If that is the case, those that mean those furloughed are not eligible for unemployment payments, but instead eligible for Cast Dismemberment payments?

Sorry, I just find it odd when someone who is supposed to know better (and gets it beaten into their heads that they're CMs) says 'employees'.

RoyalPrinceLeon

Sadly, Disney has to compete in the current social structure. This illness might impact how parades and nighttime shows for a while.
Disney has to really invest their money wisely.

While I am not a daytime parade fan. I prefer nighttime entertainment. I do love the fact that I get short waits at that time.

DisAl

New parade will probably be three of the street vendors walking down the street holding up one of those Buzz Lightyear spinning light toys while shouting "Insipidity and Beyond!"

1597002750566.png

brb1006

New parade will probably be three of the street vendors walking down the street holding up one of those Buzz Lightyear spinning light toys while shouting "Insipidity and Beyond!"

View attachment 489810
Real talk: If WDW ever gets a brand new electrical parade, I hope it only focuses on Disney Animated Films and not to shoehorn in any Pixar movie (like Spectromagic and MSEP did).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sadly, Disney has to compete in the current social structure. This illness might impact how parades and nighttime shows for a while.
Disney has to really invest their money wisely.

While I am not a daytime parade fan. I prefer nighttime entertainment. I do love the fact that I get short waits at that time.
The parades and shows are not cancelled because of social distancing, they're cancelled because the parks are empty and it's not worth the cost.

tirian

Whenever we get a new parade, I hope it’s the same team that already works on Tokyo and the MK, and not the crack team Disney threw together for Magic Happens at DL. That thing is ugly from start to finish.

But I also wouldn’t mind keeping Festival of Fantasy and adding two or three new units. FOF is a really good parade!

MSEP Dreamlights or Spectromagic Dreamlights should take priority. The MK needs a night parade to glow through the streets and restore the evening magic. It’s also a natural crowd controller.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It’s also a natural crowd controller.
I agree with the rest of your post but a parade is absolutely not a crowd controller in a park with a hub-and-spoke layout with a single common point of entrance and egress on a spoke that is also the parade route. IMO, for a night parade to be viable in the Magic Kingdom again, they need a "back door" in and out of the park.

bcoachable

I wonder, (when the parks begin taking the noose off of attendance and are open into evening hours), if the Cavalcade idea would work as a nighttime offering- (with a gazillion lights strung on each of them).
I have to believe one of the worst things in the world is to be a CM directing traffic before and after ANY parade... and it looks as if the Cavalcade has eliminated this issue (as well as the cost of tape)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom