HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

Rob562

They've started up again on Instagram...

Screenshot_20210803-205708.png

Screenshot_20210803-213012.png

Though no surprise, right off the bat it's Jack.

Screenshot_20210803-214349.png

-Rob

Rob562

Some in the Passholder Facebook page have been told Passholder discount ticket options will go live later today, but it's unclear if it's discounts on multi-night passes or just single-night tickets.

We're definitely going to be paying more this year. The gate price for Frequent Fear went up $60 over 2019's price. But they removed Fridays from it, so to go the four nights we were planning will require the FF Plus for an additional $30.

Oh well, at least it also includes the Saturday we're there, which we were planning on being a laid-back non-HHN night in CityWalk. So we can duck into HHN for a house or two after dinner if we want.

-Rob

JT3000

Some in the Passholder Facebook page have been told Passholder discount ticket options will go live later today, but it's unclear if it's discounts on multi-night passes or just single-night tickets.

We're definitely going to be paying more this year. The gate price for Frequent Fear went up $60 over 2019's price. But they removed Fridays from it, so to go the four nights we were planning will require the FF Plus for an additional $30.

Oh well, at least it also includes the Saturday we're there, which we were planning on being a laid-back non-HHN night in CityWalk. So we can duck into HHN for a house or two after dinner if we want.

-Rob
Fridays were never included in regular FFPs. Fridays and Saturdays are considered peak nights and are therefore blackout dates unless you get the more expensive options.

Rob562

Fridays were never included in regular FFPs. Fridays and Saturdays are considered peak nights and are therefore blackout dates unless you get the more expensive options.

In 2019 we went Halloween week and visited 4 nights, Tues thru Friday, on a Frequent Fear ticket.

We specifically went that week because of the added Tuesday night which meant we could go four nights instead of three earlier in the month.

-Rob

JT3000

In 2019 we went Halloween week and visited 4 nights, Tues thru Friday, on a Frequent Fear ticket.

We specifically went that week because of the added Tuesday night which meant we could go four nights instead of three earlier in the month.

-Rob
That Friday was Nov. 1. They usually add the final night or two to FFP regardless of the day, especially if it's past Halloween and they expect lighter crowds. It wouldn't be valid for any other Friday besides opening weekend.

Rob562

That Friday was Nov. 1. They usually add the final night or two to FFP regardless of the day, especially if it's past Halloween and they expect lighter crowds. It wouldn't be valid for any other Friday besides opening weekend.
Ah.

-Rob

ryan1

Does anyone have tips for the hotel guest only entrance or other hotel only experiences? I've been to HHN every year for the last 20 years but never bothered staying at one of the hotels before. We're at Cabana Bay this year and from what I've seen there is a themed bar and picture area for hotels guests but I'm completely ignorant in regards to the special entrance and those hotel things.

mergatroid

They were. We've bought regular FFP's for a number of years and you would usually get 1 or 2 Fridays or Saturdays. Usually the first of the season.

JT3000

They were. We've bought regular FFP's for a number of years and you would usually get 1 or 2 Fridays or Saturdays. Usually the first of the season.

Rob562

Does anyone have tips for the hotel guest only entrance or other hotel only experiences? I've been to HHN every year for the last 20 years but never bothered staying at one of the hotels before. We're at Cabana Bay this year and from what I've seen there is a themed bar and picture area for hotels guests but I'm completely ignorant in regards to the special entrance and those hotel things.

The entrance for hotel guests is generally to the extreme right-hand side of the gates, over by Guest Services. But ideally you want to do Stay & Scream and already be inside the park before closing so you don't have to worry about the mob outside.

-Rob

ryan1

Thanks! I've only ever gone through the main entrance so I had no idea where resort guests go. We have unused tickets from 2020 that have carried over to this year so Stay & Scream wasn't an option and we just booked the room. I'm wondering if I can try and talk our way into letting us get the benefits of S&S due to the odd circumstances of 2020? We're also going on a Wednesday and Thursday in September so crowds won't be too much of an issue.

JT3000

Wait, how many houses have been announced? Wouldn't we normally have more announced by now? I'm not sure.
Five. Six if you count the puppet one that was announced last year but they've yet to mention this year, and of course we know what the seventh house is (Tooth Fairy.) That only leaves three a "mystery." Usually we'd have everything announced at least a full month before the event, which is a deadline we've already passed. They'll likely dump the rest of the information all at once, but I suspect their schedule has been impacted by Florida's Covid drama.

Last edited:

ryan1

Looks like they've released the hours as well as the latest house. New start time of 630 and a default 1am closing for all of Sept and 2am close for all of Oct. I'm really happy about this simpler closing time setup and makes going on weekdays that much more of a plus since they almost always had a closing time of 12.

Also, I like the 630 opening since the first hour and a half were always still very bright and warm. Less time wasted on decor you can't even see until the sun sets.

Rob562

Thanks! I've only ever gone through the main entrance so I had no idea where resort guests go. We have unused tickets from 2020 that have carried over to this year so Stay & Scream wasn't an option and we just booked the room. I'm wondering if I can try and talk our way into letting us get the benefits of S&S due to the odd circumstances of 2020? We're also going on a Wednesday and Thursday in September so crowds won't be too much of an issue.

If you don't plan on day tickets, they also offer a $30 "Scream Early" ticket that gives admission to the Studios starting at 3 so you can get in, ride one or two things, and then get to a Stay & Scream corral.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom