HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

DavidNoble

We are too. We have always bought Frequent Fear Passes in the past, which allows us to do it all over several nights for a good price. Our concern this year is they won't sell these and instead just specific dated tickets if reduced capacity is required to accommodate social distancing. If they do it this way we're a little concerned about how much they'll charge in order to make up for lost earnings.

Yikes, that is a bit nerve wracking. I'm hoping they won't have to do much in terms of social distancing by that point. Wanting to either do one night with Express or the RIP Tour this year. Feeling like this should be a special year.

mergatroid

Yikes, that is a bit nerve wracking. I'm hoping they won't have to do much in terms of social distancing by that point. Wanting to either do one night with Express or the RIP Tour this year. Feeling like this should be a special year.

Indeed, we hope so too. Living in the UK we normally buy our FFP's way in advance. The sites we get them on are saying that until Universal decide whether reduced capacity is required or not, they're not selling any FFP's which is a sign nothing's decided yet.

DavidNoble

Indeed, we hope so too. Living in the UK we normally buy our FFP's way in advance. The sites we get them on are saying that until Universal decide whether reduced capacity is required or not, they're not selling any FFP's which is a sign nothing's decided yet.

Yeah, it's a tough spot to be in. How far in advance does UO normally go live with FFP for Brits?

mergatroid

Yeah, it's a tough spot to be in. How far in advance does UO normally go live with FFP for Brits?

Seem to remember buying them from 3rd party sites selling them round about April? They have said that anyone who had tickets for last year before the event was cancelled (we didn't) will be able to use them this year.

DavidNoble

Seem to remember buying them from 3rd party sites selling them round about April? They have said that anyone who had tickets for last year before the event was cancelled (we didn't) will be able to use them this year.

I guess there's still time for them to do it in April, but I assume they'll wait until June/July this year to give themselves as much time as possible.

mergatroid

I guess there's still time for them to do it in April, but I assume they'll wait until June/July this year to give themselves as much time as possible.

Indeed. My problem if we have to just get a 1 or 2 night ticket is I have dystonia. It affects my walking and as I'm stubborn and prefer to walk than use a wheelchair (stupid but my choice as my wife says). Doing 10 houses in 1 night would be difficult with all the walking and standing in line, even with express though I don't want to pay for that anyway. With Frequent Fear we usually go 3 nights over the 14 days arriving about 1 1/2 hours before opening to queue. That makes doing 3 houses a night (4 on 1 occasion) possible and gives us times to see the shows, do the odd ride and spend time in the scare zones. We usually leave about 9 - 10pm and eat at Cowfish on City Walk.

The situation we're in can't be helped so we'll adapt and make the most of however Universal decide to do it. However hopefully if numbers of cases drop and Universal can operate as normal safely, we'll be getting FFP's and doing it over 3 or 4 nights as normal. Fingers crossed anyway.

DavidNoble

Indeed. My problem if we have to just get a 1 or 2 night ticket is I have dystonia. It affects my walking and as I'm stubborn and prefer to walk than use a wheelchair (stupid but my choice as my wife says). Doing 10 houses in 1 night would be difficult with all the walking and standing in line, even with express though I don't want to pay for that anyway. With Frequent Fear we usually go 3 nights over the 14 days arriving about 1 1/2 hours before opening to queue. That makes doing 3 houses a night (4 on 1 occasion) possible and gives us times to see the shows, do the odd ride and spend time in the scare zones. We usually leave about 9 - 10pm and eat at Cowfish on City Walk.

The situation we're in can't be helped so we'll adapt and make the most of however Universal decide to do it. However hopefully if numbers of cases drop and Universal can operate as normal safely, we'll be getting FFP's and doing it over 3 or 4 nights as normal. Fingers crossed anyway.

Ah, that makes sense. That would be great way to do it! No way I could convince the wife to go for 14 days or to HHN for 3-4 nights, but would be a blast!

jeanericuser001

They keep some of the more scary or gory elements hidden but they do have some of the stuff from the scare zones present so you can get some interesting pictures of some of the scare zones. There typically is no scare actors present but you can see some of the signage for the various houses. The only catch is when it starts to get closer to start time for hhn. Then they unveil some of the scarier elements as well as have the scare actors come out. My advice if you are planning to do during the day time is only do so if you have an annual pass. Going on a single day ticket is typically a bad idea as the park where hhn is in tends to close early for prepping for hhn. Typically some rides will being going as late as 5:30 for guests in line but slowly they will deliberately force you to head out of the park unless you got the stay and scream access. If you didn't then you will probably be out long before hhn starts.

mergatroid

Can anyone tell me what the park is like during the day when there is HHN for that night? Is there anything "scary"?

Anything 'scary' is covered over by cloth or removed until day guests have left. So mannequins of dead bodies you won't see, or any bloody or gory props either. In all the years I've been going I've never seen anything inappropriate or scary in the day time, they're pretty good at making sure that's the case.

mergatroid

Most you'll see is some pumpkins in trees, nothing scary or threatening.

You also usually see some cars and crates that are easier leaving there than moving, also the other year a crashed UFO. However anything 'scary' that is too big to move is covered in netting or canvas in the day. If anything it's kind of interesting and adds a slightly different feel to the day without in any way being 'scary'

mergatroid

Any ideas what the show will be this year? With the Academy of Villains banned from Universal and with the Bill & Ted show a thing of the past, I'm wondering what they'll do? The Rocky Horror Picture Tribute Show from a few years back would be ok I'd say?

mergatroid

Did I miss something? 🤔
Yes, a lot. The guy who led the dance troupe had a series of public social media complaints against him from numerous people. During rehearsals at Universal he refused to let the dancers have water until 'they'd earned it'. One who had asthma collapsed and was rushed to hospital where the police were called by the doctor after hearing the story. Now as an adult she could have just taken the water, however doing so would have lost her the place in the villains. He was also accused of racism and sleeping with girls auditioning for the troupe and general bullying.

He basically wrote a statement saying he was very hard and sometimes went too far, he used racist street language because of where he's from and that he made very bad choices with his sex life but had never committed any sexual crimes. He announced he was ending Academy of Villains to move on to other things so they no longer exist. Universal publicly announced they were terminating their relationship with the troupe and were banning them from the park.

jeanericuser001

Any ideas what the show will be this year? With the Academy of Villains banned from Universal and with the Bill & Ted show a thing of the past, I'm wondering what they'll do? The Rocky Horror Picture Tribute Show from a few years back would be ok I'd say?
Im hoping they do an expanded version of the classic gory gruesome grotesque show. Over the years they have had some pretty crazy stuff and I could seriously see them doing an expanded version of the show with all kinds of different special effects being put to use including a clip show of some of the greatest special effects scenes of all time. It would certainly fit with the theme and Im sure they could integrate some classic comedy as well as some audience participation to get people interested as you never know who will be chosen.

Don’t know the accuracy of this but yeah…

BBA27F46-98A9-41A8-A459-1BB3D9B6AB88.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom