HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

Patcheslee

Anyone have a good link for planning? We've never gone before, but have season passes so hopefully discount tickets.

jeanericuser001

Planning varies depending on a number of factors. I can give you some good tips to consider. For starters, if you plan to hit HHN only once then get a discounted AP ticket, an express pass, and make sure you are in the park at least 90 minutes before the park closes so you can get into the AP waiting areas. That will get you access to at least 2 houses before everyone else gets in. If you are doing multiple trips, get a frequent fear pass based on your preferred days. The lower end frequent fear pass gets you a few days while the high end gets you a lot more. Some even come with an express pass built in though its a bit pricey. How you do the houses can vary depending on your priorities. Some prefer to do only the big houses and some prefer the simple tent houses. If universal doesn't appeal to you though you always have howloscream as an alternative.

Patcheslee

Planning varies depending on a number of factors. I can give you some good tips to consider. For starters, if you plan to hit HHN only once then get a discounted AP ticket, an express pass, and make sure you are in the park at least 90 minutes before the park closes so you can get into the AP waiting areas. That will get you access to at least 2 houses before everyone else gets in. If you are doing multiple trips, get a frequent fear pass based on your preferred days. The lower end frequent fear pass gets you a few days while the high end gets you a lot more. Some even come with an express pass built in though its a bit pricey. How you do the houses can vary depending on your priorities. Some prefer to do only the big houses and some prefer the simple tent houses. If universal doesn't appeal to you though you always have howloscream as an alternative.
HHN has always been a goal, we were just waiting for DD to turn 13 (her rule for some odd reason). She loves intense haunts, and has gone to local since she was 5. Yearly Halloween Haunt, Fear Fair, Nightmare on Edgewood, Dent Schoolhouse, etc. So this will step up the intensity a bit. I've been saving for a splurge since we skipped a 2020 vacation.

JoeCamel

HHN has always been a goal, we were just waiting for DD to turn 13 (her rule for some odd reason). She loves intense haunts, and has gone to local since she was 5. Yearly Halloween Haunt, Fear Fair, Nightmare on Edgewood, Dent Schoolhouse, etc. So this will step up the intensity a bit. I've been saving for a splurge since we skipped a 2020 vacation.
This year may have a change to the ticketing format. They usually release the pricing and combos around the first week of June so we wait and see. The UK sites get a package first so we might get an indication of what they will do when they drop over there.

jeanericuser001

I wouldn't discount howloscream at busch gardens. On some years they have actually been on par or in some cases even exceeded the quality of HHN. Howloscream also offers some very good deals for the money especially if you book early as the tickets can be as low as $25. In addition if you add fright feast for $30 you get to stay in the park after it closes, enjoy a dinner with entertainment, then 30 minutes of early access, and lastly 1 hour of front of the line access. They also have all the rollercoasters running and likely by that time Iron Gwazi will be running too most likely.

Frankenstein79

Corona will still be around so it won't be the same. I'm going to have to skip this year as well and hope that next year will be better.

Rob562

For our first trip to HHN in 2019 I found that Orlando Informer's touring plan on the order of the houses to be excellent. (They'll also update it as the weeks progress to account for changing crowd flows)

That 2019 trip was 4 nights Halloween week. We got the Frequent Fear passes with our Passholder discount, arriving on a Tuesday and left on Saturday, going to HHN all 4 nights. Normally HHN is only Wednesdays through Sundays, and Saturdays in October are generally only included in the most expensive multi-night passes. But the final week they add Tuesday to the schedule, so we were able to go Tues to Fri without having to buy the most expensive pass. Saturdays are the busiest, so try to avoid them if you can.

Being in the park early is key. Anyone who has daytime access to the park can enter the "Stay and Scream" waiting areas. Choose which house you're going to head to first and go to the appropriate area. (We always ended up in one of the two lines by Finnegans, but there's another over near Kid Zone)

If you're only going one night you should plan to power through as many houses as early as possible. Don't linger in the scare zones until after you've done the houses. But if you can go multiple nights, you can relax a bit. Do the theme-park-commando the first night, and then relax the others. On our trip we did the Stay and Scream most nights, but our third night we stayed in IOA until close so that we could ride Hagrid's in the dark as well as see the new Dark Arts projection show on the castle. We then wandered over to the Studios. However if we'd only been going one night we wouldn't have done that.

-Rob

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

Beetlejuice House first one revealed for HHN 2021

I wonder if they will be using the other two houses they had left over from last year as well, The tooth fairy and Bride of Frankenstein. The tooth fairy seemed a little weak while the Bride of Frankenstein was actually pretty interesting. As for the other rumored houses, I doubt the Billie Elish house will be happening as that ship has probably sailed by now. I would still love to see a gremlins house. The merchandise should also be pretty awesome if they can pull it off. As for house on haunting hill, Im not sure if its the Vincent Price version or the modern version. If its the modern version then that strange Rorschach ghost could be kind of a deal killer. It sort of ruined the climax for that movie. The rest of it though could be interesting especially if they try to do the infamous device for turning insane people sane. Im curious how they will be pulling off that crazy projection trick.

Rob562

I wonder if they will be using the other two houses they had left over from last year as well, The tooth fairy and Bride of Frankenstein. The tooth fairy seemed a little weak while the Bride of Frankenstein was actually pretty interesting.

I'd be shocked if they didn't revisit the houses that were open in 2020 and tweak anything that didn't work the first time around. The designers almost never get such a chance, so they'll probably jump at the opportunity.

It will also be interesting to see what Covid protocols are still in place this fall and how they'll adapt.

-Rob

some other guy

I wonder if they will be using the other two houses they had left over from last year as well, The tooth fairy and Bride of Frankenstein. The tooth fairy seemed a little weak while the Bride of Frankenstein was actually pretty interesting. As for the other rumored houses, I doubt the Billie Elish house will be happening as that ship has probably sailed by now. I would still love to see a gremlins house. The merchandise should also be pretty awesome if they can pull it off. As for house on haunting hill, Im not sure if its the Vincent Price version or the modern version. If its the modern version then that strange Rorschach ghost could be kind of a deal killer. It sort of ruined the climax for that movie. The rest of it though could be interesting especially if they try to do the infamous device for turning insane people sane. Im curious how they will be pulling off that crazy projection trick.
I think so far there was some chatter about something involving evil puppeteers who went crazy and killed their audience and made puppets out of them for this year?

disneygeek90

I think tooth fairy struggled with scare actor capacity. There were lots of empty boo holes in most runs, and the plexiglass was more noticeable for tooth fairy than it was for Frankenstein. I expect those issues to be improved when brought to a full event.

I'm hoping they sell the frequent + express this year. I had been planning on getting it last year. I'm not a horror movie fan and I've fallen in love with this event over the past 3 years.

mergatroid

That looks like a sales tool. Great to see but I don't know why it would be on the main site.

I worded my post badly. I didn't mean having that specific video on the HHN site, but rather I'm surprised they've not revealed the fact that house will be featured on the HHN site using a different or edited version of that video. After all, they've already admitted that's a house this year.

mergatroid

Already started planning my trip for HHN 30. I'm pretty excited for this to say the least.
We are too. We have always bought Frequent Fear Passes in the past, which allows us to do it all over several nights for a good price. Our concern this year is they won't sell these and instead just specific dated tickets if reduced capacity is required to accommodate social distancing. If they do it this way we're a little concerned about how much they'll charge in order to make up for lost earnings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom