HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

Giss Neric

Correct me if I'm wrong but at Universal Hollywood they don't sell alcohol but at Orlando they do right? This happened in Orlando and I'm sure alcohol has something to do with this.

Tom Morrow

Correct me if I'm wrong but at Universal Hollywood they don't sell alcohol but at Orlando they do right? This happened in Orlando and I'm sure alcohol has something to do with this.

I'm not sure about Hollywood but yeah in HHN Orlando they do sell lots of alcohol.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I've been doing HHN for 30 years and while the event is 95% drama-free, I have noticed a harder edge to the people it attracts over the last decade or so.

It's definitely the booze. But getting rid of it would eat heavily into their profit margin.

I find I can streamline my night and avoid a lot of that unpleasantness by booking RIP tours.

JoeCamel

I've been doing HHN for 30 years and while the event is 95% drama-free, I have noticed a harder edge to the people it attracts over the last decade or so.

It's definitely the booze. But getting rid of it would eat heavily into their profit margin.

I find I can streamline my night and avoid a lot of that unpleasantness by booking RIP tours.
That and like being in a bar after midnight I don't have to shut it down. Stuff goes down later generally

My95cobras

It's a rare occurrence at Disney but a nightly occurrence at HHN. This is well known. They have to increase security like tenfold on HHN nights and have actual police everywhere because it's so prevalent.

I might attend HHN but I am not in the same group of people that goes to be loud, disrespectful, and belligerent.
Nightly?! I think you and everyone knows that’s an extreme exaggeration…

Tom Morrow

Nightly?! I think you and everyone knows that’s an extreme exaggeration…

Security and police are called to an altercation typically at least once or more for nearly every single HHN night. I am not exaggerating. There IS a reason security presence is increased tenfold and actual police are roaming the event, so let's not pretend we have to be Universal's PR department and sugarcoat this. HHN draws a vastly different bunch than typical theme park goers.

JT3000

Security and police are called to an altercation typically at least once or more for nearly every single HHN night. I am not exaggerating. There IS a reason security presence is increased tenfold and actual police are roaming the event, so let's not pretend we have to be Universal's PR department and sugarcoat this. HHN draws a vastly different bunch than typical theme park goers.
Define "altercation." Most of the time that security is called on someone, it's a solitary troublemaker or a Karen/Kevin acting out, the sort you'll find in any park during the day, just with more alcohol in their system. You certainly do not see large fights like this at HHN every night. Hell, you don't even see this sort of thing at a local youth hangout like Six Flags on a daily basis, so you can't expect anyone to believe it's a nightly occurrence at HHN, no matter what you think of the event's clientele. And lest we forget, we live in a digital age where this sort of thing would be trending all over social media every single night if it were actually occurring every single night. Nearly everyone at the park has a camera on them. It's not like they're all capturing footage like this but are too apathetic to upload it. People want those views.

Also, based on everything I've heard from various people, overall incidents at HHN have actually decreased quite a bit since they cut down on alcohol sales locations several years ago. People still get inebriated, and there's still an above average number of incidents, but it's not as bad as it used to be. The most common incident at the event is accidental injury or medical event, not people wailing on each other like this.

Last edited:

My95cobras

if your talking about police being called to a disturbance, they are also called multiple times a day at every universal, Disney and SeaWorld park multiple times a day. There are not fights like that every night, let’s not be so dramatic.

every thread you create is whining about something universal does…. The clapping, the background music, jimmy fallon….

Tom Morrow

Define "altercation." Most of the time that security is called on someone, it's a solitary troublemaker or a Karen/Kevin acting out, the sort you'll find in any park during the day, just with more alcohol in their system. You certainly do not see large fights like this at HHN every night. Hell, you don't even see this sort of thing at a local youth hangout like Six Flags on a daily basis, so you can't expect anyone to believe it's a nightly occurrence at HHN, no matter what you think of the event's clientele. And lest we forget, we live in a digital age where this sort of thing would be trending all over social media every single night if it were actually occurring every single night. Nearly everyone at the park has a camera on them. It's not like they're all capturing footage like this but are too apathetic to upload it. People want those views.

Also, based on everything I've heard from various people, overall incidents at HHN have actually decreased quite a bit since they cut down on alcohol sales locations several years ago. People still get inebriated, and there's still an above average number of incidents, but it's not as bad as it used to be. The most common incident at the event is accidental injury or medical event, not people wailing on each other like this.

Altercations, whether they're on this scale or otherwise, are significantly more frequent during HHN, ask anyone who has ever worked the event. The lengths some of you go to to act as Universal's PR department is seriously absurd sometimes. Oh, no, it's exactly the same crowds as during the day! Just ignore the significantly increased security and police stationed at every corner! They're just there to enjoy the event!

OR we could just admit that a loud, edgy, violent, gory, and sexual R-rated event draws people who might not care about the normal park offerings.

every thread you create is whining about something universal does…. The clapping, the background music, jimmy fallon….

Actually I said Fallon was a good ride while most theme park nerds say it's bad. Did you even read it?

Also probably 75% of the posts about Disney on this forum these days are complaints about Disney, but the theme park fan community has decided that dunking on Disney = good and the right thing to do, but Universal has somehow transcended criticism and only a DiSnEy FaNbOy would complain about any of it.

Last edited:

JT3000

Altercations, whether they're on this scale or otherwise, are significantly more frequent during HHN, ask anyone who has ever worked the event. The lengths some of you go to to act as Universal's PR department is seriously absurd sometimes. Oh, no, it's exactly the same crowds as during the day! Just ignore the significantly increased security and police stationed at every corner! They're just there to enjoy the event!

OR we could just admit that a loud, edgy, violent, gory, and sexual R-rated event draws people who might not care about the normal park offerings.
No one said it was literally the same crowd as during the day, I said they cause many of the same problems as a typical day crowd, just more frequently, and that incidents like this one aren't nearly as common as you're making them out to be. You make it sound like you go to HHN and you're suddenly surrounded by roving gangs of ex-convicts just waiting to pounce on you. Do you paint the same picture of all the belligerent drunks at Food & Wine? Both events already have a bad reputation, there's no need to for exaggeration.

Tom Morrow

I bet you're the same middle American who says that violent video games create killers.

"You must be (hyperbolic extreme) because you criticized a thing I like!" I do not believe violent video games cause any harm, but small children are likely playing Mario Kart and Minecraft instead of them. Similarly, rowdy Florida Man trash is going to choose HHN over Mickey's Halloween whatever.

It's odd to see you all attempt to dance around the fact that HHN, which is widely known throughout the entire Orlando theme park scene to have the rowdiest crowds of any Orlando theme park offering or event, and pretend like it isn't true because we're all Universal's PR team or something.

AGAIN, they don't have ten times the security during HHN and a very heavy police presence, both also more than any other Orlando theme park event, because the police just want to have fun at the event. They are there because they are necessary. It's a rowdy event. That doesn't make it bad. Get over it.

Last edited:

My95cobras

"You must be (hyperbolic extreme) because you criticized a thing I like!" I do not believe violent video games cause any harm, but small children are likely playing Mario Kart and Minecraft instead of them. Similarly, rowdy Florida Man trash is going to choose HHN over Mickey's Halloween whatever.

It's odd to see you all attempt to dance around the fact that HHN, which is widely known throughout the entire Orlando theme park scene to have the rowdiest crowds of any Orlando theme park offering or event, and pretend like it isn't true because we're all Universal's PR team or something.

AGAIN, they don't have ten times the security during HHN and a very heavy police presence, both also more than any other Orlando theme park event, because the police just want to have fun at the event. They are there because they are necessary. It's a rowdy event. That doesn't make it bad. Get over it.

funny how you pick and choose what to respond to….

JoeCamel

It was much worse 10 years ago than today's offerings. Today it is not uncommon to see youngsters soaking in the horrah and a few strollers. I question the parents judgement but I don't think they are doing lasting harm. Late night is a different story and like any bar it changes the later it gets.

Mmmm great house dusk til dawn.... girls in bikinis in a dive bar...... the later you stay.....

Tom Morrow

funny how you pick and choose what to respond to….

I had nothing more to add to the previous comment but I will reply to accusations of being someone who decries video games because IMO that's a pretty big insult and assumption.

I acknowledge that HHN isn't as rowdy as it used to be. But it still needs more security than any other time in an Orlando theme park. Or maybe that's because of the increased security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom