HHN 21 is here...

Slipknot

Wow, sorry to offend you, but no I'm not making it up, I can describe the girl and her exact location. I have no reason to make it up, as there were plenty of other things that weren’t at the level I would have thought universal to be at.
And for your information I love being scared, and I have be scared at even local small firehouse events, I just don't find a girl in a tacky Vegas style/Mardi Gras outfit walking behind me completely out in the open laughing very surprising or scary. Hey like I said I even gave her a jump because she was following us for so long. I liked some of the other scare zones alot, but some were very lacking. I went to the event not expecting insane scares, but I did think there would be some really good animatronics and some real efforts, especially seeing as tickets were as much as 70 dollars.
I get that there is no controlling the lines, but having 2 hr lines posted as 40mins is not acceptable to me, again sorry, but it’s my opinion. And it is absolutely true that we walked through the “Orfanage” (her they spelled it that way not me) with only one single person making any effort.
Oh and I have great respect for people who work at haunted attractions, I know it’s a tough job, but it is a job and I found it very disappointing that some workers just didn’t seem to care. Oh and the girl selling blood bag shots while we were waiting did an amazing job of trying to keep people entertained, which I have to assume it wasn’t really her job, so yes I do notice people who put in an effort.
I wouldn't waste the money again as I said so you don't need to worry about that, Thanks
(Oh and the bro thing, sorry I'm a girl)

Far from offended. More like amused. I've spoken with other scareactors and they know who you were referring to so I believe you. Since you are critiquing how they spell orphanage, you obviously didn't understand the house. And when did I call you a guy? :confused:

Your opinions are yours and I respect that but I think you had very high expectations going in. :shrug:

With that, I leave you with your opinions as all you will talk about is how not scary HHN is and your expectations and there is no point to go back and forth with you about it.

Cheers. :)

Jasonflz

I remember jumping over restricted fences and sacrificing my own friends to save myself so naturally, I got chased like you wouldn't believe. :lol::lookaroun

Personally, I think it's a great event and worth the money (esp. considering a few of the attractions are kept open).

Jasonflz

Also, I would kill to see an Insidious house this year. No film has freaked me out more than that, and I can imagine Universal's creativity mixed with that kind of project.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
I thought that movie started great but just fell apart toward the end.

The demon listening to Tiny Tim was just too funny.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
It could have some potential though....

insidious-gif.gif

Bravo 229

QUESTION:

I've only been once a few years ago on a Saturday night. It was very crowded and after a couple of incidents in line, we ended up not having such a great time. A few friends and I are planning to go this year, and I was wondering what night would you experts say is the best night to go, that will be the LEAST crowded? I know it will be packed since its only on select nights, but we would rather go when its not as busy so we don't end up getting stuck in 2 hour lines with 20 line jumpers!

Slipknot

QUESTION:

I've only been once a few years ago on a Saturday night. It was very crowded and after a couple of incidents in line, we ended up not having such a great time. A few friends and I are planning to go this year, and I was wondering what night would you experts say is the best night to go, that will be the LEAST crowded? I know it will be packed since its only on select nights, but we would rather go when its not as busy so we don't end up getting stuck in 2 hour lines with 20 line jumpers!

Wednesday or Thursday. Here's the official tickets page with a calendar of the nights of the event.

HHN 21

akirk18

I'm going to be going to HHN for my first time on thurs oct 6th and i was wondering if there would be a need to have the express pass to get everything done?

Slipknot

I'm going to be going to HHN for my first time on thurs oct 6th and i was wondering if there would be a need to have the express pass to get everything done?

No need for it on a non-peak night but for $39.99 for express that night, couldn't hurt. Remember, there are going to be eight houses and sometimes the lines can get long, depending on how many locals decide to go that day. But it is a school night that night so it shouldn't be that bad.

I'd save that money for merchandise from the event.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
Just got back from HHN 21.

Some really great houses this year, the 3D effect was very well done.

The Thing was amazing!

Also a very cool effect with the crumbling building projections.

Bravo 229

I went last night (7 Oct) and it was most excellent! I waited in the AP holding area after USF closed and was able to go directly to Winter's Night at 6. Ended up getting in all of the houses before 8:30, which was amazing considering last time I went we waited in most lines for over an hour. I won't get into specifics on the houses, but if you visit H.R. Bloodengutz, I recommend walking slowly or going through twice - lots of fun surprises! Also, The Thing and Nightengales, are freaking EPIC! :sohappy: It was definitely a great experience this time and I am considering going again this year. Job well done scareactors and Universal!

Crockett

Banned
Have to admit, for the $$$$ you shell out at Uni for HHN...you get a much better deal attending Fright Fest at your local Six Flags park, or better yet, Hallo-Scream at Busch Gardens.

HHN just doesn't seem up to par these days, and is rather lackluster in comparison to years past. My wife & I took the kids to MNSSHP at MK two weeks ago, and found more "bang for your buck" so to speak compared to the production quality of HHN.

In this type of economy, spending that sort of money at Uni for half-hearted entertainment seemed rather...underwhelming. (imo)

Bravo 229

Have to admit, for the $$$$ you shell out at Uni for HHN...you get a much better deal attending Fright Fest at your local Six Flags park, or better yet, Hallo-Scream at Busch Gardens.

HHN just doesn't seem up to par these days, and is rather lackluster in comparison to years past. My wife & I took the kids to MNSSHP at MK two weeks ago, and found more "bang for your buck" so to speak compared to the production quality of HHN.

In this type of economy, spending that sort of money at Uni for half-hearted entertainment seemed rather...underwhelming. (imo)

Respectfully, I disagree. This was only my second time attending HHN, but I fully enjoyed this year more than my first visit. All of the houses were wonderfully themed/designed and had some fun scares throughout. Bill and Ted's was kinda cornball, but it was enjoyable. The only things that didn't meet my expectations were the scare zones, save for Acid Assault and 7. Not saying the others were bad, they just weren't that interesting to me. If I had paid full price, I still would've felt like I got a great deal for my money from the event. The quality of the houses alone was worth the price of admission to me.

Skip

I'm sorry, but how can you give a valid opinion on the value of HHN this year if you haven't actually attended the event? You can get tickets for HHN for as little as $42 if you're a Florida Resident (and many of us are). And half-hearted? Wrong event, dude - Halloween Horror Nights gives us 14 new attractions (8 houses and six zones) every single year. At Mickey's Party, you're lucky to get a new candy station and for the fireworks show to not cut again. (And yes, I've attended BOTH events. Mickey's is fun, but it gets stale if you do it for two consecutive years.)

Move along folks, just more anti-Universal gibberish.

And by the way, I've attended HHN21 six times this year (and a seventh this Sunday) - much, much better than HHNXX, though still has a couple of nagging flaws. But that's for another board. I encourage all of you to go if you haven't already, there's some great stuff this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom