Hhn 2007

NemoRocks78

Seized
The Thing is coming!

Resort News - (7/27/07) Universal Orlando confirmed with Screamscape this afternoon the existence of The Thing – Assimilation as one of their most creative haunts this year. We were fortunate enough to chat with T.J. Mannarino (Director of Entertaiment Design) and Michael Burnett (Prosthetics and Makeup Supervisor) who both revealed a long time love for this classic film that will be celebrating it’s 25th Anniversary this year. It was interesting to note that they’ve actually talked about bringing The Thing to life in a variety of forms over the years, but they felt that this year the time was right.

While they were not willing yet to officially announce the location of the of the haunt yet, they did tell us that the events of the story they are trying to tell takes place in today’s world in Florida, 25 years after the events took place in Outpost 31. From the sounds of things soon after the events in the film took place, teams were sent in to recover, analyze, catalog and put into storage whatever they could find to determine just what had happened before the arctic base was abandoned. Today the remains of Outpost 31 have been reopened for new scientific study in a new industrial base theme, as they try to harvest whatever information they can from the remains of the creature.

True to the film we will see many classic creatures return such as the severed head with the spider legs and possibly the infected dog. However it’s been 25 years and the creature has had time to evolve into all new forms as well. They promise you will encounter creatures of all shapes and sizes and as you can see in the images to the right, their creature shop is already hard at work.

They’ve done their homework before starting off on this task as well, pulling up reference material from the shooting of the film, the plans for the sets and creatures, as well as talking with people who were involved in the creation of the original film. Unlike other houses that are populated by people who jump out and scare you, The Thing will also be full of new creatures run as ‘puppets’ by human operators rather than automated machines triggered by motion sensors.

If you’ve seen the film, you know how the elements of fire and ice fit into the story and there will be effects involving both in the attraction, as well as a conflict between other elements such as technology vs. strength.

The have a true love for The Thing and they really want to bring it to life to tell their all new story. In fact one of the first decisions they made was that they needed to keep the same style of ominous soundtrack score that the film was known for and is immediately recognized by any fan of the film. Those long synthesizer droning notes punctuated by a digital sounding heartbeat go a long way to setting up a great atmosphere for terror. I know I can’t wait to see it myself.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm

JROK

Website update. Click on the JS in the top right, and in the top left, next to the hat, are two new clickables about The Thing.

You can also click on the What Is It? truck on the Carnival of Carnage page.

meryll83

Anyone know what the four digit code is?
I tried J-A-C-K but that didn't seemt to work and I don't have any other bright ideas!

eikni

The password is 3113. You get it from the error code on the TRaSh 80 in The Thing section of JS.

I realized after posting this spoilers might be frowned upon. If so, feel free to delete this post
and my apologies.

meryll83

I know - freaky lady!

I have another question - are there ever any special offers on the tickets or is it just the set price online and another on the door?

I haven't booked mine yet and just wondered whether there are any promotional codes likely to come out at all or should I just take the plunge?

jorgetheviking

the bit after the code made me want a nappy. One question is there any scare zones this year as nothing has came out yet
There cant be HHN without scarezones. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
I know - freaky lady!

I have another question - are there ever any special offers on the tickets or is it just the set price online and another on the door?

I haven't booked mine yet and just wondered whether there are any promotional codes likely to come out at all or should I just take the plunge?
Burger King and Coca Cola will have special offers when the event gets closer. Annual Pass holders, and Florida Residents get special offers too. Sometimes even local newspapers have special offers.

meryll83

There cant be HHN without scarezones. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Burger King and Coca Cola will have special offers when the event gets closer. Annual Pass holders, and Florida Residents get special offers too. Sometimes even local newspapers have special offers.
Anything I can use from the UK? (Probably not, eh?)

eikni

The number with the Bill and Ted Wildstallions guitar pick 572-5275. I'm curious if anyone has tried it with the Orlando 407 prefix.
Universal has the Spiderman Easteregg where the movie theaters number 407-224-1783 gets you the fictional theaters voice mail.
I'm just afraid to try it, and accidentally make some grandmother have to get up to get the phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom