Hershey, Pennsylvania

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I'm a huge WDW fanatic (like everyone else around here lol) but I wanted to share my other place of interest with you all....the Sweetest Place on Earth. You may be familiar with some of the tourist attractions in the area:

-Hersheypark (has the most coasters in the state of PA)
-Hershey's Chocolate World (free factory tour experience, as well as other fun stuff)
-ZooAmerica (eleven-acre zoological park)
-The Hershey Story museum (interesting if you're fascinated with the history of the town and its founder)
-Hershey Gardens
-The Hotel Hershey
-Hershey Lodge
-Hershey Highmeadow Campground

I live approximately 40/45 min away so I have the opportunity to visit the theme park every year, as well as their Halloween and Christmas events as well. Thought it may be interesting how many WDW lovers here might live nearby or have visited in the past.

More info can be obtained at http://www.hersheypa.com

trr1

I'm a huge WDW fanatic (like everyone else around here lol) but I wanted to share my other place of interest with you all....the Sweetest Place on Earth. You may be familiar with some of the tourist attractions in the area:

-Hersheypark (has the most coasters in the state of PA)
-Hershey's Chocolate World (free factory tour experience, as well as other fun stuff)
-ZooAmerica (eleven-acre zoological park)
-The Hershey Story museum (interesting if you're fascinated with the history of the town and its founder)
-Hershey Gardens
-The Hotel Hershey
-Hershey Lodge
-Hershey Highmeadow Campground

I live approximately 40/45 min away so I have the opportunity to visit the theme park every year, as well as their Halloween and Christmas events as well. Thought it may be interesting how many WDW lovers here might live nearby or have visited in the past.

More info can be obtained at http://www.hersheypa.com
this is fun also
HERSHEY TROLLEY WORKS™
All Aboard!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that one. We've done it back in 1995 and they take you through the town on a trolley replica with singing and entertaining conductors aboard. I thought it was very good.

bamillerpa

I live about an hour from Hershey Park. I grew up going there (including Knoebels which has free admission and parking and also a lot of fun). I think Hershey Park has improved greatly over the past ten years and I love it. I especially like going during the evening hours only when it's much cheaper and still lets us do everything we want since we mostly just ride the big coasters. Of course Chocolate World is a must do too. I have to pick up my free chocolate at the end! I always love going through the roasting tunnel or whatever it's called. We are actually planning when we want to go there right now! I think Candy Cane Lane at Christmas time is just about my favorite time of the year to visit. We also attend the Hugs & Kiss gymnastics meet in February every year just because we can do chocolate world while we are there (my daughter is a competitve gymnast and competes there)!!

DiPSU224

While a nursing student at Penn State back in 2002-2004 I did my clinicals at the Hershey Med Center, literally living about 5 minutes from Chocolate World and the park. I loved walking out my front door every morning and smelling the cocoa. My roommates and I would head to Chocolate World when we were bored, ride the tour and stock up on candy.

It's a great place for families and a nice little town.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I live about an hour from Hershey Park. I grew up going there (including Knoebels which has free admission and parking and also a lot of fun). I think Hershey Park has improved greatly over the past ten years and I love it. I especially like going during the evening hours only when it's much cheaper and still lets us do everything we want since we mostly just ride the big coasters. Of course Chocolate World is a must do too. I have to pick up my free chocolate at the end! I always love going through the roasting tunnel or whatever it's called. We are actually planning when we want to go there right now! I think Candy Cane Lane at Christmas time is just about my favorite time of the year to visit. We also attend the Hugs & Kiss gymnastics meet in February every year just because we can do chocolate world while we are there (my daughter is a competitve gymnast and competes there)!!

I was just there this past Sunday and the place was dead. Even the wavepool wasn't busy and the Comet was a walk-on mainly all day. We walked onto it twice and I rode the front seat each time.

bamillerpa

I really like the newer metal coasters the best. I almost forgot about the kisses street lamps too! I don't know of anywhere else like it!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Well you're in for some changes. They added the whole Boardwalk since you would've been there, as well as their dark ride - Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge, plus Fahrenheit, their eleventh roller coaster. I guess you can say alot has changed! :)

Andrew54

Closest good size park I live near is Six Flags and its 6 hours away. :(

I have heard so much neat things about the attractions in Hershey, maybe someday I'll travel near there.

tigsmom

Haven't been there in years because we're not coaster people and the kids have outgrown everything else. We used to to all the time though. When I was a kid the "factory tour" was through the REAL factories; if you look closely you can still see some of the old blue track running alongside of the buildings. We always stay at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center, the kids loved swimming in the hald indoor, half outdoor pool. :lol: We love ZooAmerica and the museum as well.

And Knoebels is what Hershey Park used to be like

MillerPoppins

I'm a fan of Hershey as well. I also went to Chocolate World a lot in college being that it was free and fun. My old boyfriend's sister worked at the Hershey Motor Lodge so we got free tickets into the park all the time. I was bummed when we broke up that I lost my Hershey connection...:lol:

Testtrack321

I used to be a 2 hour drive from Hershey but now I'm back in the midwest so I haven't been in several years. I loved the park and had a great time at the factory and tour.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I went to Hershey last summer for the first time and it was a lot of fun. Even for mid-July it wasn't busy. The "factory" tour was pretty silly though. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the water park part was. We spent about half of one day just playing in the water.

SamnDawn060304

We go at least once a year. DH would go everyday he is off. We are about 2 hours away. I love the new water park. The comet was my first roller coaster ever! Everyone where I am from had a "I survived the SooperDooperLooper T-shirt. :sohappy:

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I remember those t-shirts! I see them pop up on E-Bay occasionally and have read about them in my "Sweetness of Success" book.

tiggerific418 mentioned about how nice the water park is. Yeah when they put in the wavepool and lazy river, those attractions have made the experience all the better. Except what upsets me is we lost our rapids ride in the process.

trr1

Im going to hershey park this weekend(6/19/2010) its about 1 1/2 hours away I also like http://www.dorneypark.com/ its also about 1 1/2 hours away
dorney park has a really good waterpark there better than hershey's water area. Dorney park was also in the movie "where angels go trouble follows"
(funny movie)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I remember those t-shirts! I see them pop up on E-Bay occasionally and have read about them in my "Sweetness of Success" book.

tiggerific418 mentioned about how nice the water park is. Yeah when they put in the wavepool and lazy river, those attractions have made the experience all the better. Except what upsets me is we lost our rapids ride in the process.

I loved the Roller Soaker ride though. I think it was more exciting than a rapids ride despite how short it is. I wasn't a huge fan of the wave pool. The water smelled weird (weirder than a normal pool smell) and the area is way too small. About half way through the day there was an actual line to get into the wave pool. Something I have never witnessed at another water park. The lazy river was nice though...even if we did end up loosing my sisters kids twice.

ann0d

I live about an hour away, we go every year. NICE park, well kept, always expanding. Only complaint I have in the summer is the lines can be LONG. The Hershey factory tour is fun. We've been to the new museum, I would say don't waste your money, liked the old museum much better. New one is a big adverstisement for Hershey, which is fine, but you can get that anywhere in Hershey! New water park inside the park is fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom