Here's a bit of News and Rumor...What We're Not Getting.

WDW1974

Nope. There are no plans whatsoever to bring Ride and Go Seek to WDW. However, there are other and, frankly, more impressive rides in the planning stages for WDW.

Yep ... sure there are.

There are always grandiose plans. Something just seems to take place before the reality part.

The MK last added something of Monsters: Ride and Go Seek back in 1992 with Splash Mountain. ... That was 17 years ago.

Walt Disney World Resort is the number one tourist destination in the world, and you can bet the Disney Company plans on keeping it that way. =)

Thanks for the PR lift. Made me feel more magical ... so I almost forgot all the jobs that have been eliminated and all the 'plans' that have been put on ice.

BTW, you wouldn't be part of the WDW Social Media Team would you?

~Show me the attractions~

whylightbulb

Um... so many disneyphites complain that universal steals from them. This is a MIB Alien Attack copy knockoff copy copy copy. Disney will never open that at WDW because everyone will yell, COPYCAT!!! And you know what? It isn't better. It is exactly the same. Just different characters.

I really take issue with most that complain about Disney on here... but this really shows the designer market share Disney has lost/fired/bought-out. If you think MIB wasn't brought up in the "idea" meetings designing this attraction then you are... just a Disney Junkie Mess.

So, I guess I don't really take issue with those that complain about The Disney Company on here after all.
I'm sorry but your post makes absolutely no sense. Ride and Go Seek is not a copy of any other interactive target-based attraction. It's based on the same technology but that doesn't make it a copy. I assume from your post that you are against new attractions utilizing technology from previous rides and shows?

If that is the case than you must have been against MIB since it was a "copy" of Sally Corporation's Ghost Blasters or Pistolaro Roundup. You must also be against Ripsaw Falls because it is a "copy" of Splash Mountain - since they are both log flumes.

Furthermore Ride and Go Seek is not based on shooting anything with a gun or laser blaster. In addition, the scenic, animatronics and every other show element is different and in many cases better than MIB. Don't get me wrong, I like MIB. But it is quite different than the Tokyo ride.

WDW1974

In my opinion, if you dont like MILF, your a hard a** who just cant see past insignificant details, let your hair down, pull the bug out from your cheeks, and have a good laugh or two (or ton depending on how 'that guy' looks). It lets you get involved in the show too, without pulling you aside and giving away the magic. I mean you even get a thank-you text from mike, if that cant light up a kids day then i dont know what can.

If I'm wrong and theres some huge point im missing, feel free to begin the flame, theres enough MILF haters in here to get the fire hot

In my opinion, it's not smart to call people names who don't like an attraction at a theme park. I'm not a MILF hater. But I don't like it either. It's yet another toon attraction in yet another place where it doesn't belong ... but more to the point I find it vastly inferior to the attraction it replaced (which fit the theme of where it was located as well).

It was a cheap LCD approach to getting another LCI attraction into WDW.
I much prefer the simple C-Ticket dark ride at DCA ... and I am pretty sure TDL's immersive AA-intensive E-Ticket will blow my mind when I see it later this year (won't watch the video because I like surprises).

But I'm truly glad you find happiness in MILF.

~Just a hard a$$ ... and proud of it!~

NadieMasK2

I liked MILF but it has no re-ride appeal to me. I think that's it's true fault. My DH was Sulley and they used my joke, so I feel like I've done it, no need to do it again.

Just curious if TDL has the headphones for English speaking folks on the attractions?

Kamikaze

I liked MILF but it has no re-ride appeal to me. I think that's it's true fault. My DH was Sulley and they used my joke, so I feel like I've done it, no need to do it again.

Just curious if TDL has the headphones for English speaking folks on the attractions?

Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.

MILF is different each time. Similar, sure, but different.
98% of all other attractions are exactly the same every single time.

I guess none of those have 're-ride appeal' either.

NadieMasK2

Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.

MILF is different each time. Similar, sure, but different.
98% of all other attractions are exactly the same every single time.

I guess none of those have 're-ride appeal' either.

Well, it is my opinion, so to me it does "make sense". There just isn't anything about it that draws me back in. I feel like they could have done a lot more with it. I did enjoy it, but I'd rather be trying to improve my score at Buzz or feeling nostalgic on CoP where I can admire the details of the AA's.

goodtimes5286

I am seriously shocked, like :eek: on how many people hate MILF.

The only reason I can see people hating it is because it is supposibly "out of place" because monsters on other planets and then going to those planets isnt futuristic enough I guess for the world of tomorrow (but then again people THAT technical have to say that SGE isnt the future because instead of us going to there world, we're going to theres, or the tomorrowland theater had nothing to do with tomorrow, the tomorrowland speedway is a joke if people think our transportation is going to be like that in the future, etc). If going to other planets to help other life forms deal with there problems isnt futuristic, then i dont know what is.

Secondly it's a sit down attraction that doesnt require goofy goggles, touching you, squirting stuff on you, or giving you a horid smell to entertain you. It makes you laugh and have a good time (unless your 'that guy')! It's the first sitdown attraction in Disney that I actually felt was above par, it went above and beyond (besides AE which seriously, freaked the S*** out of me, and was soooo perfect for tomorrowland, a dark side of tomorrowland if you will that I think they needed since I always thought of tomorrowland as the 'grownup' section of the park).

In my opinion, if you dont like MILF, your a hard a** who just cant see past insignificant details, let your hair down, pull the bug out from your cheeks, and have a good laugh or two (or ton depending on how 'that guy' looks). It lets you get involved in the show too, without pulling you aside and giving away the magic. I mean you even get a thank-you text from mike, if that cant light up a kids day then i dont know what can.

If I'm wrong and theres some huge point im missing, feel free to begin the flame, theres enough MILF haters in here to get the fire hot
In my opinion, it's not smart to call people names who don't like an attraction at a theme park. I'm not a MILF hater. But I don't like it either. It's yet another toon attraction in yet another place where it doesn't belong ... but more to the point I find it vastly inferior to the attraction it replaced (which fit the theme of where it was located as well).

It was a cheap LCD approach to getting another LCI attraction into WDW.
I much prefer the simple C-Ticket dark ride at DCA ... and I am pretty sure TDL's immersive AA-intensive E-Ticket will blow my mind when I see it later this year (won't watch the video because I like surprises).

But I'm truly glad you find happiness in MILF.

~Just a hard a$$ ... and proud of it!~

lol im sorry wdw, i didnt mean to insult (although it sure looks like it and i def should have proof read and deleted some stuff :zipit:), but what i meant by hard a** was people who are just stuck on there notion that it doesnt fit, they wont take time to look past there love of timekeeper, past those thoughts of it 'not fitting' and go in open minded and try to enjoy the attraction.

Since it opened ive probably ridden it idk 7-10 times, and ive never sat next to someone who wasnt laughing a long with me, and im talking adults, kids and senior citizens. Hell if it can make my bro and friend who are universal nuts (b/c they like coasters.....w/e) go in, laugh, AND make them want to go again, i think its not just solid in my book.

But putting all of that on the back burner, back to the not fitting. I'll totally agree with you that Timekeeper fits in the land of tomorrow more then MILF, i def get that. BUT I also see that MILF does fit (for the reason I posted above I wont re-hash it).

Another reason I think it was a solid move for Disney was with America being the obease epicenter, fat and lazies (including myself no insults here), wont go to attractions they just have to stand around in. You stand around all day in lines, why would you want to go into an attraction, and stand even more. There are people who wont even stand during the DAY and they get vehicles to move them instead! I only went in timekeeper once, did I like it, YEAH definatly, robin williams was the man, did i go on it more then once? no, b/c you had to stand :shrug:

jt04

lol im sorry wdw, i didnt mean to insult (although it sure looks like it and i def should have proof read and deleted some stuff :zipit:), but what i meant by hard a** was people who are just stuck on there notion that it doesnt fit, they wont take time to look past there love of timekeeper, past those thoughts of it 'not fitting' and go in open minded and try to enjoy the attraction.

Whether the attraction is enjoyable or not does not change the fact it does not "fit" in TL. It doesn't. And I was no fan of Timekeeper so that rationalization does not work.

It just plain and simply belongs in a different park.

goodtimes5286

but if it HAD to be in MK (let's just leave pixar place out of this for now), where else would it go? Going to another planet to help foreign life with there energy crisis, frontierland what?

jt04

but if it HAD to be in MK (let's just leave pixar place out of this for now), where else would it go? Going to another planet to help foreign life with there energy crisis, frontierland what?

Let me be more specific, it does not belong in the MK. It's a perfect fit for DHS.

Kamikaze

Well, it is my opinion, so to me it does "make sense". There just isn't anything about it that draws me back in. I feel like they could have done a lot more with it. I did enjoy it, but I'd rather be trying to improve my score at Buzz or feeling nostalgic on CoP where I can admire the details of the AA's.

Those are completely different reasons than what you originally posted.

glendroid

i dont think we can base judgment on the youtube video =|

i dont even think that pictures or videos do anything at tokyo disney justice.

its just something you have to experience

gus ghost

Laugh Floor is one funny show, but I would be way more impressed if the monsters were animatronics instead of being on screen. The animation is pretty jumpy and poor. Laugh and go seek looks like a pretty awesome ride! I'm totally impressed by Mike's dilating eye. Wow, a ride that actually makes you feel like you are in a different place? Everest does that really well, but Magic Kingdom hasn't created an attraction like that since Splash Mountain...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom