Here's a bit of News and Rumor...What We're Not Getting.

imagineer boy

This is what should go in at the studios. It shouldn't even be at TDL because its in their tomorrowland and like the laugh floor, its terribly out of place there. Still, its a hell of a lot better than the laugh floor...

teebin

Um... so many disneyphites complain that universal steals from them. This is a MIB Alien Attack copy knockoff copy copy copy. Disney will never open that at WDW because everyone will yell, COPYCAT!!! And you know what? It isn't better. It is exactly the same. Just different characters.

I really take issue with most that complain about Disney on here... but this really shows the designer market share Disney has lost/fired/bought-out. If you think MIB wasn't brought up in the "idea" meetings designing this attraction then you are... just a Disney Junkie Mess.

So, I guess I don't really take issue with those that complain about The Disney Company on here after all.

Mr Bill

Um... so many disneyphites complain that universal steals from them. This is a MIB Alien Attack copy knockoff copy copy copy. Disney will never open that at WDW because everyone will yell, COPYCAT!!! And you know what? It isn't better. It is exactly the same. Just different characters.

I really take issue with most that complain about Disney on here... but this really shows the designer market share Disney has lost/fired/bought-out. If you think MIB wasn't brought up in the "idea" meetings designing this attraction then you are... just a Disney Junkie Mess.

So, I guess I don't really take issue with those that complain about The Disney Company on here after all.

I'm not seeing much of a connection that makes this ride similar to MiB, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a moot point since MiB built upon the interactive shooting gallery idea from Buzz Lightyear.

Theme parks compete for our business and part of that is borrowing ideas from each other and building upon them. In the end, we end up with better attractions. I find it hard to complain about either company "stealing" ideas from each other when in the end the only way it affects us is with better attractions.

Missing20K

So would we get discounts if we ALL went to Japan at the same time? Maybe we can charter a flight leaving MCO, have a wing of a hotel, get group discounts on admission, etc., etc.

"Come with us as WDWMagic.com sponsors a trip to see what WDI can do, but TDO refuses to let them. Experience all the attractions in person that you have only watched on youtube. Trip includes airfare, transportation, admission tickets, and of course, a limited edition pin."

It would have to be less expensive if we had a lot of people right? WDWMagic.com field trip!!!!

EpcotServo

So would we get discounts if we ALL went to Japan at the same time? Maybe we can charter a flight leaving MCO, have a wing of a hotel, get group discounts on admission, etc., etc.

"Come with us as WDWMagic.com sponsors a trip to see what WDI can do, but TDO refuses to let them. Experience all the attractions in person that you have only watched on youtube. Trip includes airfare, transportation, admission tickets, and of course, a limited edition pin."

It would have to be less expensive if we had a lot of people right? WDWMagic.com field trip!!!!

If only life worked that way...
:(

WDW Insider

Nope. There are no plans whatsoever to bring Ride and Go Seek to WDW. However, there are other and, frankly, more impressive rides in the planning stages for WDW.

Walt Disney World Resort is the number one tourist destination in the world, and you can bet the Disney Company plans on keeping it that way. =)

Missing20K

If only life worked that way...
:(

You mean it doesn't? :( I should have picked up on that in the first 26 years.

Nope. There are no plans whatsoever to bring Ride and Go Seek to WDW. However, there are other and, frankly, more impressive rides in the planning stages for WDW.

Walt Disney World Resort is the number one tourist destination in the world, and you can bet the Disney Company plans on keeping it that way. =)

Such as???

deWild

Sure Tokyo got a new attraction themed to Monsters Inc. but that isn't the coaster attraction being rumored for DHS now. The new one in Tokyo was confirmed about two years ago with a piece of concept art if I'm not mistaken.
Plus WDW's coaster is still under the rumour phase, we don't really know anything more about it than it's possibly an indoor coaster.

CaptainMichael

orly?

:ROFLOL:

wickedsoccer22

Blue Sky Disney did a comparison and said it wasn't that much different from DCA's. I have to disagree. DCA's don't have mouths that move and action. TDL's is way better. Below is the link

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/03/monsters-vs-monsters.html

You misread the article. (I did too at first)

It was stated to notice the difference between the two rides and how Disney wont be able to hide the huge differences anymore because of the internet. And it was basically saying that they are more sensitive to people complaining about the quality we get, compared to the quality TDL gets. So we should be somewhat optimistic that the quality will remain close? *At least according to BlueSky Disney.

goodtimes5286

I am seriously shocked, like :eek: on how many people hate MILF.

The only reason I can see people hating it is because it is supposibly "out of place" because monsters on other planets and then going to those planets isnt futuristic enough I guess for the world of tomorrow (but then again people THAT technical have to say that SGE isnt the future because instead of us going to there world, we're going to theres, or the tomorrowland theater had nothing to do with tomorrow, the tomorrowland speedway is a joke if people think our transportation is going to be like that in the future, etc). If going to other planets to help other life forms deal with there problems isnt futuristic, then i dont know what is.

Secondly it's a sit down attraction that doesnt require goofy goggles, touching you, squirting stuff on you, or giving you a horid smell to entertain you. It makes you laugh and have a good time (unless your 'that guy')! It's the first sitdown attraction in Disney that I actually felt was above par, it went above and beyond (besides AE which seriously, freaked the S*** out of me, and was soooo perfect for tomorrowland, a dark side of tomorrowland if you will that I think they needed since I always thought of tomorrowland as the 'grownup' section of the park).

In my opinion, if you dont like MILF, your a hard a** who just cant see past insignificant details, let your hair down, pull the bug out from your cheeks, and have a good laugh or two (or ton depending on how 'that guy' looks). It lets you get involved in the show too, without pulling you aside and giving away the magic. I mean you even get a thank-you text from mike, if that cant light up a kids day then i dont know what can.

If I'm wrong and theres some huge point im missing, feel free to begin the flame, theres enough MILF haters in here to get the fire hot

marsrunner

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is fairly unimpressive. I much prefer the Mike and Sulley to the Rescue attraction at DCA. It isn't great (the mouths don't move on the characters) but the door room is pretty neat with a couple of funny gags and the Roz at the end is funny. She asked us one time if we filled out our paperwork, we said no and she said it would cost us and to next time bring her a churro. The next time she said "Young man in the second row (my son)? Stop staring at me! I know I'm distractingly attractive but try to behave yourself!" He (14 years old) said "Sorry, ma'am" and she said "See that it doesn't happen again!"
All that said, it pales in comparison to that video. So I guess TDL gets more love than DLR which gets more love than WDW. Seems kind of odd that so often the number one tourist destination in the world gets treated like number three by its owners.

DoctorPrius

After watching that video I cannot see anyone on this forum fealing anything but outrage.

Outrage that Tokyo is willing to spend the money for true Disney quality entertainment while in good ol'USA they build subpar attractions like midway mania and inappropriate stuff like american idol. On top of that, they expect you to pay top dollar for it. What a joke.

This is exactly why I stoped going to WDW. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom