Here come the mermaids

The Duck

Just rode poc, no mermaids... I did see the skull formation though. Why did they add that?
I've seen some videos of POTC in Paris where there's a large skull formation on the cavern wall. I don't know if this is the same as what WDW added but it may be (partly) inspired by the Paris version.

The MaD Hatter

effects were not as expected.. most of the elements are installed, just not visible... sans mermaids..
I've been told that the mermaids may appear within the week.... it could be worse.. they could have left the crappy-effect-bad-show in place....

this is a good thing guys..
Yes, it's good to hear they didn't go the crappy bad route. Thanks for the update.

djlaosc

Well I got no images, sorry.. But I do not recall anything different except Blackbeard on the steam when first entering the ride (it has been two years) and some fake bottles floating in the water I had noticed before but those are the differences I recall

Are we sure that they were fake bottles and not trash? j/k ;)

Rum Pirate

Just so we can clear up any further confusion, the 1 day downtime was not to install Mermaids, Nor the non-existent interactive queue. Nor was it to install the Skull that has been there since 3 weeks ago, no one really noticed it being there LOL!

Rum Pirate

Just so we can clear up any further confusion, the 1 day downtime was not to install Mermaids, Nor the non-existent interactive queue. Nor was it to install the Skull that has been there since 3 weeks ago, no one really noticed it being there LOL!

So with the above being said, can we go back to counting the Hats on the Hat Pirate :D

The changes should be up and working before early March right?
(Sorry for this stupid question, its just thats when I'm going to WDW with my family and POTC is one of my fave movies and rides.) Thanks :)

I only just now read about this addition and then the queue also. Is the queue supposed to be similar to the HM one just pirate themed?
(Haven't been since 2009, so many questions lol.) :confused:

iheartdisney91

ok, so are we getting a BIG closing for a referb?
I'm Going for our family trip January 4th-14th and am praying
POTC and HM are open when there.....only cuz now with Splash being closed
i'm afraid my favorites will be closed too.
thanks!

The MaD Hatter

thanks!
Nothing has been announced. POTC and HM should both be open then.

Rum Pirate

The changes should be up and working before early March right?
(Sorry for this stupid question, its just thats when I'm going to WDW with my family and POTC is one of my fave movies and rides.) Thanks :)

I only just now read about this addition and then the queue also. Is the queue supposed to be similar to the HM one just pirate themed?
(Haven't been since 2009, so many questions lol.) :confused:

Dont expect anything at pirates like the Haunted Mansion, we move people too fast for anything like that

Rum Pirate

thanks!

I never said anything about a Big Refurb....yet

mikenatcity1

I noticed the skull rock when I rode it Sept 25 (that's the only major difference I noticed when I rode it). I asked my friend about it and they said it was always there- I knew I wasn't crazy thinking I had just missed it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom