Here come the mermaids

dreamscometrue

What's it matter? Park ops will just let the effect fall apart anyway.

Are all these 'Park Ops' issues going to improve once the changes at TDO (as '74 and others have stated will be coming) have taken place? If it wasn't always this way, then will personnel changes possibly give hope for better park maintenance?

HMF

Are all these 'Park Ops' issues going to improve once the changes at TDO (as '74 and others have stated will be coming) have taken place? If it wasn't always this way, then will personnel changes possibly give hope for better park maintenance?
If the "Changes" just entail Meg's hand-picked successor taking her job, then I am not too optimistic. personally,I feel that it requires a change at Burbank to really fix things.

dreamscometrue

If the "Changes" just entail Meg's hand-picked successor taking her job, then I am not too optimistic. personally,I feel that it requires a change at Burbank to really fix things.

That makes sense.

In the thread below, '74 throws out a couple names in the first post, but I don't know if they're good or bad or how much influence they'll have over daily ops.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-spirited-quickees.852182/

janoimagine

I still dont get how someone from HR got to be in her position.

Lee

Adventurer
If her successor is who I hear it will likely be, I doubt "hand-picked" is the case. But it is someone with far more actual park ops experience than Meg.

Not that anyone in that position has a lot to do with actually running the parks...

SleepingMonk

I'm hearing talk that WDI may not be completely satisfied with the effect, and are still working on it.

I have to agree with them in this case....

rfd-ugly2004oop.jpg

HMF

If her successor is who I hear it will likely be, I doubt "hand-picked" is the case. But it is someone with far more actual park ops experience than Meg.

Not that anyone in that position has a lot to do with actually running the parks...
If it's Jim Macphee, I am not really excited.

HMF

No. He will, if the info holds true, move into the president of WDW job, not Meg's.
I thought Meg was President of WDW in addition to overseeing DL/DLP or are you suggesting that those will become separate positions again.

Lee

Adventurer
I thought Meg was President of WDW in addition to overseeing DL/DLP or are you suggesting that those will become separate position again.
Yep.
If I hear right, WDW will get a president with the "Meg job" still overseeing WDW and DLP operations.
Something like that, anyway...

dreamscometrue

So, if the above statement is true, and the person in Meg's position has little to do with park ops and maintanence, why is Meg trashed so often on here when attractions are in poor condition?

muteki

So, if the above statement is true, and the person in Meg's position has little to do with park ops and maintanence, why is Meg trashed so often on here when attractions are in poor condition?

Having little to do with and being responsible for are two different things.

I don't expect to see someone like Meg actually down there in person fixing things.

I do expect her to be responsible for the actions of her subordinates, and the state of the park. If they are in a bad state that's on her because she runs the joint. Iger as well. Just because you are orders of magnitude removed from the problem doesn't remove you from responsibility from it IMO.

Lee

Adventurer
Having little to do with and being responsible for are two different things.

I don't expect to see someone like Meg actually down there in person fixing things.

I do expect her to be responsible for the actions of her subordinates, and the state of the park. If they are in a bad state that's on her because she runs the joint. Iger as well. Just because you are orders of magnitude removed from the problem doesn't remove you from responsibility from it IMO.
That. The buck stops at the top, but it certainly pauses at Meg's level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom