Here come the mermaids

ellie-badge

So if it wasn't the supposed overnight addition of mermaids... why was Pirates closed for a day? Did they have people just glance over the inside of the ride or something? (I'm not trying to come off as snarky or mean, I really am just curious/don't understand.)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So if it wasn't the supposed overnight addition of mermaids... why was Pirates closed for a day? Did they have people just glance over the inside of the ride or something? (I'm not trying to come off as snarky or mean, I really am just curious/don't understand.)

I believe the one-day closure was to complete some prep work for a future (and longer) project that will probably take the ride down for some time.

ExtinctJenn

I was so excited at the fact that they were doing something overnight without closing an attraction. It's kind of a let down to hear that there's nothing there now. I suppose there were maybe issues or maybe they did the work but it's all "hidden" until later? I'm dying here... someone's gotta have the scoop right? :D

Weather_Lady

Does anyone have any idea how soon an extended closing might happen (assuming that there would be something more than the "overnight work" described in the Disney Parks Blog entry on 9/19)? I don't want to be overly skittish, but with Test Track, Disney didn't officially acknowledge the closing until it was practically underway. With something as popular as Pirates, I suspect they'd deliver a similarly sucker-style punch, if they were planning on closing it for a refurb...

ExtinctJenn

Does anyone have any idea how soon an extended closing might happen (assuming that there would be something more than the "overnight work" described in the Disney Parks Blog entry on 9/19)? I don't want to be overly skittish, but with Test Track, Disney didn't officially acknowledge the closing until it was practically underway. With something as popular as Pirates, I suspect they'd deliver a similarly sucker-style punch, if they were planning on closing it for a refurb...
I'd like to believe that because of the popularity of this attraction they'd continue to do the work after closing to keep the attraction open. Who knows what reality may say however. LOL!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think we've been told over and over that this was all going to be done overnight, with no impact, haven't we? They might have closed early last night to put in something that was going to take a little longer, but the rest of the addition might not be 100% complete yet. I'd imagine that when they are fully ready, they'll turn on whatever the new stuff is. I don't think there will be any more downtime from what folks have been saying, of course, I have no inside knowledge, so I'm not positive.

peter11435

Ergh. Massive build up for a massive let down.

ERGH!

What massive build up? People on here were expecting something they were never told was going to happen today. The closure yesterday had nothing to do with the mermaids. That project is being done after park hours as was originally stated.

tl77

If there is an long term shut down/referb for POTC I imagine it wouldn't happen until after the FLE opens or after the Christmas rush

SleepingMonk

This is the direct quote from the Disney Blog.....

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering dropped us a line today to let us know that something from the most recent film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” is about to be added to the attraction here at Walt Disney World Resort. Can you guess what it is?
Updates to the attraction will be made overnight, so Pirates of the Caribbean will remain open to guests during park hours.

So.....uh......what gives?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom