Here come the mermaids

Tom Morrow

Finally saw it, and I wouldn't have a problem at all with this change if they had not basically replaced the previous ambiance music and ominous "dead men tell no tales" warning (which is there but barely heard now) with the mermaid's singing. That music was perfect! The song now doesn't sound good and it's like its only there to say "those lights in the water are supposed to be mermaids, btw!"

AllyInWonderland

I'm still mad at Pirates! When I rode it in December,while we were going past the boat with Barbossa, the cannon ball effect splashed right beside me who was on the right side of the boat and I got SOAKED! It was the first time that ever happened to me.

btw, I don't like the Blackbeard projection instead of Davy Jones. Davy Jones was creepier. The first time I saw the Blackbeard projection, his head was WAY up at the top of it, so all I saw basically was his beard.

Tom Morrow

Well, I guess I meant "dead men tell no tales" as the iconic part. You don't hear it until you're near the drop, I think. They may have adjusted this. Either way, that 2006 loop was perfect, IMO.

ratherbeinwdw

I'm still mad at Pirates! When I rode it in December,while we were going past the boat with Barbossa, the cannon ball effect splashed right beside me who was on the right side of the boat and I got SOAKED! It was the first time that ever happened to me.

btw, I don't like the Blackbeard projection instead of Davy Jones. Davy Jones was creepier. The first time I saw the Blackbeard projection, his head was WAY up at the top of it, so all I saw basically was his beard.
I now carry a cheap poncho to keep from getting soaked on there. I usually sit on it to keep from sitting in that dirty water.

HMF

Well, I guess I meant "dead men tell no tales" as the iconic part. You don't hear it until you're near the drop, I think. They may have adjusted this. Either way, that 2006 loop was perfect, IMO.
It was perfect for the Disneyland Incarnation of the scene, not so much for the WDW Version.

Tom Morrow

I disagree. The cave scenes themselves are obviously much smaller and weaker, but its the same idea. I much prefer it to the original, campy tune that played before and still plays in the 2nd portion of DL's caves.

HMF

I disagree. The cave scenes themselves are obviously much smaller and weaker, but its the same idea. I much prefer it to the original, campy tune that played before and still plays in the 2nd portion of DL's caves.
The caves in California are supposed to be in the present day. In Florida they are supposed to be happening at the same time as the raid on the town.

Todd H

Projectors for the mermaid effect were turned off when I rode yesterday. And, of course, the fog effect looked like crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom