Herbie leaving Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show????

jmick71

I have thought for a while that if they wanted to it would be pretty easy to turn the whole back section of the park into a true Pixar land. They could retheme the playground to a Bug's Life and LMA into a Cars show. Add in the rumored Monster's Inc coaster and perhaps something like an UP themed flume ride on the site of Catastrophe Canyon and it could be a pretty great area.

Catastrophe Canyon would be a grate spot for paradise falls :D

artdeco

This sounds good to me. LMA needs some refreshing and the spy theme sounds like it will work pretty well.

Can't help but love Herbie as a child of the 70's, but didn't you think the half-Herbies looked really, really cheap? The big, black, flat, ill-fitting metal panel that sealed off the open half of the car never worked for me.

kapeman

The show needs a complete overhaul. After you see it once or twice, there is no point in seeing it again. They should have changed the stunts and such every couple years. I understand that probably a larger portion of WDW guests don't visit as often as every year or two, but especially with the growth of DVC, I'm sure that number is higher than it ever was.

The show should stay fresh. I mean, they could shut it down for a month or two every couple years to bring in the props and train the drivers on the new stunts and such, and roll out a new show. I don't think it'd be overly hard.

If they haven't changed the Indiana Jones show in over 20 years, what makes you think they would change LMA?

For some reason the Indy show has more re playability for me than LMA.

Some changes would be welcomed, however.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Why couldn't Disney keep both Herbie and Mcqueen?? I mean, I love Herbie and I'm only 13!! Pixar is already ruining my child hood.. everything at Disney doesn't have to be focused on 5 - 10 year olds you know. :shrug:

WondersOfLife

AMEN!!!!!

For those of us who visit both parks on a regular basis, having unique attractions at each location is a blessing

-and to much money! :mad:

I think WDW should have a retro-style theme park for all of the retro-rides -especially a future world section with lost tomorrowland and future world attractions-

I think that would be my favorite park! I call it: Retro Kingdom! :sohappy: Rebuild the complet Wonders of Life pavilion with updated features! :D

NewfieFan

Why couldn't Disney keep both Herbie and Mcqueen?? I mean, I love Herbie and I'm only 13!! Pixar is already ruining my child hood.. everything at Disney doesn't have to be focused on 5 - 10 year olds you know. :shrug:

I'm sorry but I gotta ask... how exactly is Pixar ruining your childhood!?!
:shrug:

And how is everything at Disney aimed at 5 - 10 year olds?

Frankly, I don't know why McQueen is getting bashed here. Everybody on here complains about LMA and now they're mixing it up a little... not a huge change to the show but at least it's something!

I'm actually looking forward to something different. My son loves to see this show everytime we visit DHS and it was getting a little old. Heck, I'm looking forward to seeing McQueen in the show!

flavious27

Herbie has been outdated as part of LMAESS since before it opened really, so could it be time for a change???? While I really hope this does not happen here, it would be nice to see some type of update to the show!

Below is info I found on the Disney and More blog (http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/02/dlp-update-all-about-2011-disney.html) about some changes coming soon to DLP/WDS.

Moteurs… Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular featuring Lightning McQueen!
If you love thrills, spectacular special effects and the action of revving automobiles, then this show is for you…
The most exciting automobile stunt show welcomes a feisty new star! While the Disney-Pixar film Cars 2 is still in the makings, Lightning McQueen has decided to make a pit stop at the Walt Disney Studios Park! Lots of fast-paced memories await you during this exceptional appearance. Watch for the flag—Lightning McQueen is ready to hit the asphalt...moteurs ...action!

It makes sense that herbie was at lma, the show is about stunt driving for a movie. cars is animated, there is no stunt car driving. if they want to add cars to an existing attraction, it has to be believable. the only current ride that would make sense to add a cars overlay would be the tomorrowland speedway.

flavious27

-and to much money! :mad:

I think WDW should have a retro-style theme park for all of the retro-rides -especially a future world section with lost tomorrowland and future world attractions-

I think that would be my favorite park! I call it: Retro Kingdom! :sohappy: Rebuild the complet Wonders of Life pavilion with updated features! :D

Well then disney should just buy universal then and give it a retro dl feel.

flavious27

I agree for a change I have seen this snow 5 times since 2008 bc my bf is a mechanic and loves watching it for me i wouldnt mind a change or 2!

well if indy hasn't changed in the last 20 years ...

I wonder why there is always that guy in the pink/red shirt that always gets picked to go on stage.

WondersOfLife

I'm sorry but I gotta ask... how exactly is Pixar ruining your childhood!?!
:shrug:

And how is everything at Disney aimed at 5 - 10 year olds?

Frankly, I don't know why McQueen is getting bashed here. Everybody on here complains about LMA and now they're mixing it up a little... not a huge change to the show but at least it's something!

I'm actually looking forward to something different. My son loves to see this show everytime we visit DHS and it was getting a little old. Heck, I'm looking forward to seeing McQueen in the show!

I didn't say everything at Disney is aimed for 5-10 year olds, I said that it seems like they have a little too much and keep adding it. PIXAR is ruining my childhood because I don't like the modern cartoons I like the old kind, where you write with a pencil and not a computor... Herbie is also one of my favorite movies, I think Herbie and Mcqueen should both be in it and should race and they both crash into something, lightning mcqueen comes out damaged and herbie comes out split in half! :D

flavious27

Not exactly what I meant... I just don't like PIXAR cartoons, and I'm not all for MARVEL and Comic Strip rides coming to Disney as well... :shrug:

Well I mean is that disney can create the dl feeling in florida by buying uni and adding past retired rides at uni and having no buffer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom