Herbie leaving Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show????

Tom Morrow

Yeah, I mean, at least the Herbie skit is short and to the point. This was an extended length of time watching him drive slowly around. Its obvious the McQueen car is not designed to pull off interesting maneuvers.

It totally reeks of "we inserted this into the existing show because the movie is coming out soon so go see the movie!"

flavious27

Yeah, I mean, at least the Herbie skit is short and to the point. This was an extended length of time watching him drive slowly around. Its obvious the McQueen car is not designed to pull off interesting maneuvers.

It totally reeks of "we inserted this into the existing show because the movie is coming out soon so go see the movie!"

You know what is odd about that clip, they only got owen to voice english lines but mader's lines are in french.

But yeah that 3 and half minutes just looks to slow the action down. I also think that the mcqueen car was not meant to do any stunts, it will likely just be a show car at wdsp next year.

plaz10

The whole show should leave

I agree. I think there is so much land there that could be used for something better than ANOTHER show (another stunt show in the same park as Indy!)
This is Disney's way of trying to save a dying attraction. Cars is extremely popular and it's a (tiny) breath of fresh air into LMA. This will not make me go see the show as I find it very boring. But if it gets even one family to go see it that normally wouldn't, it's a win. I don't want Disney to get the idea that every time an attraction is dying that we throw a popular Disney character into it and BOOM new attraction. I'd rather see them scrap the whole thing to make room for something new. But for now - at least they are recognizing that something needs to be done at LMA. Baby steps...baby steps.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well I mean is that disney can create the dl feeling in florida by buying uni and adding past retired rides at uni and having no buffer.

Some how, I dont think Disney could fit in with anything at Universal unless it involves Disney Channel, modern real-life movies, and modern cartoons...

MARVEL somehow fits in with Disney... like you could changed the super heroes to the mighty ducks and dress mickey mouse up in a spider man suit, goofy in a flash suit, and donald in.... the HULK suit!!! :lol:

Tom Morrow

You know what is odd about that clip, they only got owen to voice english lines but mader's lines are in french.

But yeah that 3 and half minutes just looks to slow the action down. I also think that the mcqueen car was not meant to do any stunts, it will likely just be a show car at wdsp next year.
It looks like its the same car as the meet & greet car, so its not surprising that for this whole skit, it was going like 5 mph.

flavious27

I agree. I think there is so much land there that could be used for something better than ANOTHER show (another stunt show in the same park as Indy!)
This is Disney's way of trying to save a dying attraction. Cars is extremely popular and it's a (tiny) breath of fresh air into LMA. This will not make me go see the show as I find it very boring. But if it gets even one family to go see it that normally wouldn't, it's a win. I don't want Disney to get the idea that every time an attraction is dying that we throw a popular Disney character into it and BOOM new attraction. I'd rather see them scrap the whole thing to make room for something new. But for now - at least they are recognizing that something needs to be done at LMA. Baby steps...baby steps.

The LMA stadium holds 5,000 guests, it is a massive concrete structure that can not be demoed after only 6 years.

Cosmic Commando

As a blanket statement, I would rather have Lightning as a character in the show than Herbie... but Herbie at least did something. I think a lot of people don't really know who Herbie is, but it's short and the effect is pretty neat. That was like watching a kid not wanting to scratch dad's Ferrari.

RSoxNo1

The whole show should leave

While this isn't a must see for me, I hardly think it's the biggest issue with that park. I'd much rather see them demo the backlot tour. Sure, ultimately LMA shelf life should be shorter than originally planned but I don't think it's run it's course just yet.

MKBurn15

-and to much money! :mad:

I think WDW should have a retro-style theme park for all of the retro-rides -especially a future world section with lost tomorrowland and future world attractions-

I think that would be my favorite park! I call it: Retro Kingdom! :sohappy: Rebuild the complet Wonders of Life pavilion with updated features! :D

The Wasteland?

Tom Morrow

While this isn't a must see for me, I hardly think it's the biggest issue with that park. I'd much rather see them demo the backlot tour. Sure, ultimately LMA shelf life should be shorter than originally planned but I don't think it's run it's course just yet.
Yes.

Even with only 2 shows a day most of the time, both of them usually fill up. At 5,000 people each, thats a good chunk of the park's daily attendance.

DHS needs this show, and personally I think it needs the Backlot Tour too until more attractions are created to eat up capacity and give people more to do.

That said, since LMA is probably going to stay for a while, I would like if it the show was tweaked a little to have better pacing and less "down time"... and if they add that 3 minute Lightning McQueen segment from Paris, its only going to hurt the already sluggish pacing of the show. It's biggest problem, IMO, is that it doesn't build up the action properly. Some of the best sequences are near the beginning of the show, and the finale isn't a good enough payoff. Also stuff like the "remote control car" segment that just aren't that funny or entertaining eat up minutes in between the action segments, which are the whole reason you're there in the stadium in the first place to see.

cheezbat

The show is not one to watch more than a few times. It gets old. On top of that, half the people I'm friends with and have taken to Disney did not enjoy the show. They sat through it bored. While Lights Motors will most likely be around for many years to come, I personally would not mind seeing it go bye bye in the next few years for a new Radiator Springs Racers clone.
(by the way, the Lightning McQueen added to the stunt show was pathetic!)

flavious27

that is opinion rather than fact, and the number of shows per day is surely a reflection on its popularity after only 6 years

so does that mean fantasmic is horrible with only 2 or 3 shows a week?

Like I said, it would have cost disney a large chunk of money to construct the stadium for lma. There will also be a large cost to demo it. If they want to improve lma, adding a weak cars tie-in will not do it.

I'm not a fan of the show itself but it's a nice stadium and hopefully they use it for other shows in the near future instead of trying to keep LMA around for too long.

flavious27

Yes.

Even with only 2 shows a day most of the time, both of them usually fill up. At 5,000 people each, thats a good chunk of the park's daily attendance.

DHS needs this show, and personally I think it needs the Backlot Tour too until more attractions are created to eat up capacity and give people more to do.

That said, since LMA is probably going to stay for a while, I would like if it the show was tweaked a little to have better pacing and less "down time"... and if they add that 3 minute Lightning McQueen segment from Paris, its only going to hurt the already sluggish pacing of the show. It's biggest problem, IMO, is that it doesn't build up the action properly. Some of the best sequences are near the beginning of the show, and the finale isn't a good enough payoff. Also stuff like the "remote control car" segment that just aren't that funny or entertaining eat up minutes in between the action segments, which are the whole reason you're there in the stadium in the first place to see.

Wait so there is only so many times everybody in the park will see lma? There was 9.7 million that visited the park in 09, so just a straight average attendance is 26,575 per day. More than a 1/3 of the park attending isn't that bad.

Look at Indy, it holds 2,000 per show and there is 5 shows a day. Same attendance capacity per day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom