Herbie leaving Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show????

Jerm

Original Poster
Herbie has been outdated as part of LMAESS since before it opened really, so could it be time for a change???? While I really hope this does not happen here, it would be nice to see some type of update to the show!

Below is info I found on the Disney and More blog (http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/02/dlp-update-all-about-2011-disney.html) about some changes coming soon to DLP/WDS.

Moteurs… Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular featuring Lightning McQueen!
If you love thrills, spectacular special effects and the action of revving automobiles, then this show is for you…
The most exciting automobile stunt show welcomes a feisty new star! While the Disney-Pixar film Cars 2 is still in the makings, Lightning McQueen has decided to make a pit stop at the Walt Disney Studios Park! Lots of fast-paced memories await you during this exceptional appearance. Watch for the flag—Lightning McQueen is ready to hit the asphalt...moteurs ...action!

harryk

Very interesting, kinda a more modern approach, that might actually be fun to see.

Hopefully when you look at the screen showing the action again it will be current and not a sunny video while it was very cloudy with no sun on the actual show!

GOT2SAMMIES

I wonder if they are going to give Lightning a bigger part in the show since he and Mater in the new movie are running from spies (kinda of like the stunt show our hero vs bad guys). Herbie had only a small role where he split it two....It would be nice to have a bigger role....

I really wish they still had the Herbie car out for "Meet N Greets!" And I hope they don't put Lightning in there. I just don't need anymore Pixar Pals thrown into every attraction.

jmick71

I wonder if they are going to give Lightning a bigger part in the show since he and Mater in the new movie are running from spies (kinda of like the stunt show our hero vs bad guys). Herbie had only a small role where he split it two....It would be nice to have a bigger role....

i got a better idea why don't we get rid of LMA stunt show and build cars land or expand the park???????
then lightning will have a permanent part of DHS:ROFLOL:
And DHS could make more rides and basically make it into a full day park instead of a half day park????????!!!!!!!!!!?????????

zooey

i got a better idea why don't we get rid of LMA stunt show and build cars land or expand the park???????
then lightning will have a permanent part of DHS:ROFLOL:
And DHS could make more rides and basically make it into a full day park instead of a half day park????????!!!!!!!!!!?????????

????????!!!!!!!!!!?????????

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
????????!!!!!!!!!!?????????

You're better off not even asking.....

And as the article stated, I'm betting any characters that do appear will be primarly in a cameo, and not part of the full show.......

Jerm

Original Poster
And as the article stated, I'm betting any characters that do appear will be primarly in a cameo, and not part of the full show.......

Which is why I was talking about Herbie leaving and being replaced, they would not (thankfully) turn that into a Cars based show.

Also for everyone that is so GaGa about building Carsland in WDW, why not just make a trip to DLR? We DL people have had to travel to WDW for YEARS for Epcot, AK, DHS! Sure they have put a few of the bigger things out here, but what is wrong with having a reason to visit other parks and not just have everything rebuilt all over again?

epcotWSC

The show needs a complete overhaul. After you see it once or twice, there is no point in seeing it again. They should have changed the stunts and such every couple years. I understand that probably a larger portion of WDW guests don't visit as often as every year or two, but especially with the growth of DVC, I'm sure that number is higher than it ever was.

The show should stay fresh. I mean, they could shut it down for a month or two every couple years to bring in the props and train the drivers on the new stunts and such, and roll out a new show. I don't think it'd be overly hard.

Ignohippo

The show needs a complete overhaul. After you see it once or twice, there is no point in seeing it again. They should have changed the stunts and such every couple years. I understand that probably a larger portion of WDW guests don't visit as often as every year or two, but especially with the growth of DVC, I'm sure that number is higher than it ever was.

The show should stay fresh. I mean, they could shut it down for a month or two every couple years to bring in the props and train the drivers on the new stunts and such, and roll out a new show. I don't think it'd be overly hard.

At least once every 5 years! I imagine this would be an incredibly difficult show to redo though. The sets, the fake movie, the choreography for the stunts and cars wouldn't be something that could be changed easily.

McQueen in place of Herbie would be very welcomed!

I think a mini version of CarsLand would be spectacular back in that corner and in that area of the Backlot (especially with LMA to tie in with it). I can't imagine that won't happen at some point.

Disneydreamer23

I agree for a change I have seen this snow 5 times since 2008 bc my bf is a mechanic and loves watching it for me i wouldnt mind a change or 2!

jmick71

Also for everyone that is so GaGa about building Carsland in WDW, why not just make a trip to DLR? We DL people have had to travel to WDW for YEARS for Epcot, AK, DHS! Sure they have put a few of the bigger things out here, but what is wrong with having a reason to visit other parks and not just have everything rebuilt all over again?

That was a joke (LOL) :lol:
i am not a fan of having re makes of the same ride in two spots(except HM, SM,Splash, and BTM(on the fence with POTC because it would have been cool for MK to have WRE) But even so all those attractions have some differences between DL and WDW) I know WDI is more creative and can easily think up something new and exciting for that area! and i am done with every attraction having a movie tie in, all the classics didn't
i also think that DL and WDW should be unique and different from each other!

And yah LMA needs a new setting or story line( getting kind of boring, also the sign in the front is obnoxiously huge)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Interesting, the idea of turning it into a CARS themed show not far from PIXAR Place.

Perhaps we need a poll...

Hercules11

Interesting, the idea of turning it into a CARS themed show not far from PIXAR Place.

Perhaps we need a poll...

I have thought for a while that if they wanted to it would be pretty easy to turn the whole back section of the park into a true Pixar land. They could retheme the playground to a Bug's Life and LMA into a Cars show. Add in the rumored Monster's Inc coaster and perhaps something like an UP themed flume ride on the site of Catastrophe Canyon and it could be a pretty great area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom