Help Yourself!!! It's Free!

Betsyboo

I'm pretty sure our travel agent mentioned our celebrations (husband's 40th birthday and our 15th wedding anniversary) when the package was booked. Should I call to follow up with the hotel? I've made dining reservations and mentioned the celebrations on a couple. Should I call back? This is a big trip for us, especially since we'll be there alone, our son is staying home. I'd love some magic thrown our way!

Betsyboo

I should also mention that on our last trip a CM saw us waiting in line for the Jungle Parade at AK. We were standing on the bridge to Africa and she said that we'd have to wait for the parade to make it's full circle and that we'd be at the end. She said to wait just a minute and she'd be back. She came back and took us to VIP/Reserved seating for the parade! It was awesome. We were sitting right in front of the gates where the vehicles and "animals" come out and all the characters interacted with us. Before she the parade started she came back over and told us to head to the Festival of the Lion King as soon as the parade ending and to check with the CM at the exit. We did and were ushered into the next show to sit on one of the front benches for VIP seating and my son got to participate in the opening and "roar" with the crowd in our section. It was truly magical. Makes me tear up every time I think about it. That's Disney magic!

Cesar R M

I dont know if it counts, but I ordered some Shrimp and Grits at BoatWright Dinning Hall at POR.
I told the lady waiter that I really liked it (apart from my main dish of course).
I returned and ordered the same Appetizer another day, and she gave me a bigger version of the same dish for the same price(aka more shrimps).

Jessica Meier

We had quite a few freebies this past trip. Thanks to our room upgrade we received access to the concierge level. So we had free breakfast there, free cookies and sodas and wine and beer. They even brought my daughter a special gift when they found out she was sick. A Disney princess book and an animators princess Mulan doll! They even brought us a fruit plate and cheese and crackers one afternoon because they had a ton extra and they knew we were stuck in the room. At BOG they gave us a free dessert because they brought the wrong one out to us.

riverscu0m0

I have to say Disney is very generous. When I stayed the boardwalk this previous time, I used my room key to charge everything, I had a cap on it and I know I hadn't spent it all yet so I was very confused when I tried to buy a few snacks, a deck of cards and a drink at the screen door. We assumed it was the card read but I had 10 bucks on me, and that was it. It came up to about $25, the woman took the ten and was just like "don't worry about it, it's a problem on our end, it's on us." and just let me walk with it.

DRC68

There was a time back around '96 that I was down there with my best buddy (future best man in '03), his parents (celebrating their 30th Anniversary), sis and bro in law...after a fantastic lunch at CRT, our waiter came over with a gift for his parents. They opened the box, and found a pair of CRT champagne flutes. They still ha e them proudly displayed in their home.

CoopB

Once, we were eating at Artist Point and hubby couldn't decide on the dessert. He was torn between creme brûlée and the salted chocolate ice cream. We told this to our server but he ended up ordering the creme brûlée anyway. Our server brought out both! It was very good ice cream.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Opening year of Port Orleans (then) we were given a massive gift basket filled with everything they had around the resort that remotely related to NOLA, from spices and sauces, to trinkets. They also gave me a CM to babysit my infant 2 month old DD while my DH & son went to the parks.

All as an I'm sorry for the cockeroaches found crawling on my DD baby bottles during the night.

We were also one year given $400 for changing our flight from 7am to 10am, back in the days when Walt Disney Travel Co booked every aspect of your trip. They overbooked their alotment of blocked seats and if we switched $400 in Disney Dollars.

We were given a free signature dinner when we went to DTD to Trick or Treat and the resort had posted the wrong hours.

My kids were given free plushes when DD tripped and fell on a broken piece of side walk at the yesteryear Discovery Island and First Aid was closed and they shipped us to Epcot for First Aid.

My DD was given a signed Minnie Mouse Photo, Minnie Balloon along with a Minnie Mouse plush deposited while we were gone in her crib, she was about 15 months old. We were in arcade and when she got off the coin operated merry go round she cut her tummy from the waist to her chest on the foot rest that was missing its end cap. We suggested they put a piece of duct tape over it as it was real sharp yet when we got up in the morning it was repaired. (the old Disney way)

Back in the day when Disney's Halloween party you trick or treated at every attraction, the pirate at PotC pretended to steal her candy bag. DD burst into to tears (4 years old) Pirated gave her the bag back and filled another one up for her with all the bestest treats.

At the Aladdin character breakfast in MGM Mickey stole DD's frosty flakes from her high chair and made a yummy in his tummy motion. Flip out DD understatement. We gathered our stuff to leave not wanting to disturb the whole place. Meal comp'd and we were given two certificates to front of the line of any attraction at any of the 3 parks.

DD, way too short to ride Splash Mountain, then 44" was given a certificate to ride Splash Mountain when she was tall enough and go to the front of the line when the time came. It was so special to her she kept it, never used it. She is almost 22 years old.

But nothing is better than Universal. We were originally booked at both Portofino and Hard Re in NY to get them to fix my credit card. When we checked in we were upgraded to a suite, a chocolate platter was delivered to our room and we were given two 5 day complimentary passes to the parks. That is how Universal says they are sorry.

HollyAD

On the DCL we had a little problem with the drain in the bathroom. The ocean was rough and the ship was really rocking and rolling. I went in the bathroom to find "brown stuff" coming out of the drain in the floor. Our neighbors were my in-laws who also had this "brown stuff" coming out of the drains. To make matters worse, it was sloshing around in the bathroom and almost out to the room! We both called and after a failed attempt for Disney to fix the problem they moved us to a different room. The room was slightly bigger but still window view. We really didn't want anything but to move so we were happy with that. Then every day they called us and sent us gifts. One night was a gift basket for out 4 year old with a talking Up dog. The next was a gift basket with wine and comp rentals at Castaway Cay. I found that the customer service crew did a great job and I was surprised when they called they seemed genuine. They chatted about the weather and laughed and it was a nice touch.

taz0162

We received The Grey Stuff Free plus our regular requested desert items at BOG

Free Dining plan when we upgraded to a Moderate adding 2 more days to our trip and getting $67.00 refunded back to us.

Party hats and noise makers on New Years Eve at HS.

Free ride to and from Urgent care when my son came down with the flu 2 days before the end of our trip...:oops:

Soaps Shampoos and Conditioners that kept appearing in our bathroom each day when we got back from the parks.:cautious: lol :joyfull: :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom