Help Yourself!!! It's Free!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Free...The chocolate moose at Le Cellier. The waitress brought it out for my birthday, and I shared with everyone.
I actually refused a free room upgrade last trip. The CM wanted to move us from a POR Royal Room to a Saratoga Springs one bedroom.
I would also say no to that upgrade..Moving from a magical room to an old folks resort.:eek:...No way..

DManRightHere

On our honeymoon. Yes, we wore the pins. We got 2 cupcakes and a carrot cake at the fairfax fair. A brownie/smore type treat at the American Pavillion (and an announcement to the entire restaurant by a fella running the pavillion).

Some other perks we got last trip were...
We were also forced to be in the movie scene at backlot tour.
Given best seats on Soarin (front and center)
Got a free 5x7 photo (but that was because I had a Disney Visa Card)

Any other prior trips, I don't remember getting anything free. A few strangers before had given us Fastpasses though. Someone even gave us 2 fastpass type things at universal too!! rode rip ride rocket twice! (Wife was scared of it)

Wall-e

We booked 7 days at wilderness lodge with a woods view and 7 days at yacht club with water/pool view for our honeymoon and upon arrival for our stay at wildeness lodge we were told we had been upgraded to a lobby/lagoon/pool view room as a wedding present. It was everything we could have hoped it would be and a pretty awesome thing for them to give us.

cfry06

In 2011 we received Champagne with raspberries at Le Cellier for our Anniversary...but it also may have been b/c our then cranky 9 month old had also just fallen asleep (yay!) and we could finish our meal relaxed ;).

One night on our trip in June we were wandering through Main Street and headed into the Confectionary. The CM who was making the cotton candy had a little sign in the window that said : " Today's password: Rock and Roll Pluto." My husband and I looked at each other, said the password out loud...and we're immediately handed a fresh batch of cotton candy! It was a great surprise...especially bc I couldn't decide on which sweet treat I wanted!

Just last weekend we were "gifted" a creme brûlée at Cali Grill for our Anniversary.

Brittany--

During the Year of a Million dreams we were upgraded to concierge level at the Poly. Unfortunately durning the week we were there, a hurricane was also present. It wasn't all bad though because every night that the luau was cancelled, all the food went to the concierge lounge. We ate more that trip than every before. This year when I went in the spring, we were the 100th group to eat at the Plaza that day so we had a magical moment and got some free dessert.

awoogala

Last trip, after quite a few awful issues and some fervent emailed complaints, we were sent some fp and a huge deluxe chocolate spread (dipped strawberries, sculpted mickey, etc.) to our room. It was very extravagant, but I was very upset still. Comps are nice, but they aren't the same as great service, you know? It was nice to see that they cared, so that took the edge off of my anger.
We have gotten birthday cupcakes, as well.

Phonedave

A bunch of stuff WDW. Stickers, "magical moments", One of my kids got a pin (a trading pin, not a birthday or first visit pin) because she made a CM cry (because she had a cute story). There must have been some free cake or cupcakes or such durning the bunch of visits.

On the Disney Cruise Line I had reserved a Oceanview Room (one with a porthole) and we were "upgraded" to a Verandah Room. If put upgraded in quotes because the room was right over the dance club. We were woken up many times, multiple times a night. Iwould call, the music would go down, we would sleep, and then the DJ would feel the need to ramp it up again, and I was back up and calling. I explaind to the CM that what really got to me was that this was not my first cruise, I had picked a Oceanview room, and then DCL cruise line put me in this room. There was a reason this room was still available. I was really nice about the whole thing, I would just call and ask for the music to be lowered, but it happend every night. Every day following they did something to try and make up for it. In total they dropped off a basket with some cruise stuff (a picture frame, plush toys, and some other stuff), gave me $100 on board credit, gave a free sports pack (snorkling, raft, and bike rental) on Castaway Cay for the three of us, and gave me one of the Disney Dream Inaugural Sailing commerative ship in a bottles from the Christening Sailing. Apparently they are supposed to be hard to find. I don't know, I never looked. It is pretty cool though. DCL really goes above and beyond to try and help their guests.

Tiggertoo56

My son (the guy with Mickey in my avatar) has type 1 diabetes. We sat down on a bench on Main Street so he could test his blood glucose. A CM was sweeping near there and asked if he was ok. I told him that his glucose was a little low. He said, "I'll be right back." He returned less than a minute later with a cup of orange juice and a small pastry, said, "Have a magical day," and left. So nice!
That is a wonderful touch - wouldn't happen anywhere else :)

PrincessNelly_NJ

On my most recent trip, we got a bunch of free cupcakes. We kept running into CMs who went to my college, from Jersey, or Pennsylvania and they always gave us free cupcakes :). My two traveling companions also got free drinks from the Dawa Bar in AK because the bartender actually lived on the same street as one of them lol.

75disney

A few years ago, we got our seats early for the first B&B show of the day at HS. It was a chilly morning and we decided to get cocoa and soft pretzels. So my DD and I went while my husband and other DD stayed in the theater. On the way out, I asked a CM (wish I could remember her name) where to get those items. She pulled out a little book and told me that I could get them both across the street at one of the CS places across Sunset Boulevard or at Starring Roles. So, we went across the street, but the place that sold cocoa hadn't opened yet. I was worried about making it back in time for the show, so we just grabbed water and soft pretzels from one of the CS that was open. As we were re-entering the theater, the same CM stopped us and asked us if we got everything. I said that the cocoa place was closed and that I thought the bakery was too far to go and still make the show. She apologized; we went to our seats. A few minutes into the show, I get tapped on the shoulder. The CM had gone to the bakery for me and got us 4 hot chocolates. I offered to pay her and she said it was a treat. On the way out, we found her and thanked her profusely. When I got home, I sent an email to Disney telling them about this CM who went out of her way to make a guest's day magical. I have to say it was the best and most magical cocoa I ever tasted!

jl2081

A couple years ago on an anniversary we were having breakfast at Ohana, when we checked in at the hostess stand I started to ask if there was any way they could bring out a piece of jewelry that I had bought my wife and the hostess stopped me and said don't worry we'll take care of it. So at the end of our breakfast Mickey was at our table and the waitress brought out a plate with a chocolate slipper and other chocolates on it with the jewlery box in the center. Needless to say I have a great picture of my wife with tears of joy. This was a very magical moment they created for us that we will never forget. The chocolates were awesome too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom