HELP!! Resort I wanted is booked! Where to stay...

dopeylover

I wanted us to stay at POR, but it is fully booked during the time we are going...It is the only moderate resort I have stayed at, and I loved it!

We have to pick another moderate resort (can't really afford a deluxe, although I'd love it!)...Which to choose? POFQ? Carribbean?

Which is the best outside of POR?

Thanks for the advice!

sbkline

We stayed at Coronado Springs in April and really enjoyed it. We were booked at Carribbean Beach this coming April but upgraded to Wilderness Lodge.

How much more might you be able to spend? The reason I ask is because some new discount came out such that I was able to upgrade to the Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming April trip, for only $506 more than I was going to be paying for Carribbean Beach. That's for a 10 night stay for 2 adults and 1 child. I don't know when your trip is, but if it falls when this discount applies (it applies through April 16, I believe), then perhaps you could look into upgrading to the Wilderness Lodge, or Animal Kingdom Lodge (the two cheapest Deluxe Resorts)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Big fan of POFQ here. The small size of the resort make it super-cozy & comfy. It's a beautiful resort, too. I can't imagine staying where there are long walks to the main buildings or transportation which is why we've never stayed at any other moderate.
:wave:

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
I should add that there are 5 of us going...Myself, my husband and not yet 1 yr. old DD, and my mother and 18 yr. old sister... So space and at least a bit of privacy getting ready in the morning are a factor

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
Also, we are going during Free Dining...Which with 5 people is the only way we could afford it b/c we are paying entirely for it...So although I would LOVE to upgrade, I can't use the FD and my discount code...

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
Anyone know where the Pirate Rooms are located in CBR? I think we are leaning towards CBR, and my husband REALLY wants a Pirate Room! I have just heard CBR is huge and can be quite a walk

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I would check into CS...bigger bedsa and slighter larger rooms. Sounds like you could use the room!! Also have you checked into a Family Suite at the All Stars??

Upvote 0

wendysue

Anyone know where the Pirate Rooms are located in CBR? I think we are leaning towards CBR, and my husband REALLY wants a Pirate Room! I have just heard CBR is huge and can be quite a walk

Pirate rooms are the farthest away from food court, have their own bus stop and pool. We love CBR but always get a preferred room. The last few of our visits have been to Pop, which we actually like better, but not for 5 people. Enjoy.
Actually, I'm not sure the pirate rooms are the FARTHEST, but they are a good jaunt.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I would check into CS...bigger bedsa and slighter larger rooms. Sounds like you could use the room!! Also have you checked into a Family Suite at the All Stars??

The CSR rooms are no bigger than the rooms at any of the other mods, unless you're looking at a suite. Caribbean Beach Resorts rooms are the largest of the Mods at 340 sq ft. All the others are 314 sq ft.

OP, if there are 5 of you and Riverside is booked, you have a few other options:

1.Two rooms at a Value (or Mod if you want to spend the money.)
2.Fort Wilderness Cabins - They sleep 6.
3.All Star Music Suite.
4.Deluxe Resort (other than Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, as their rooms only sleep 4.)

ETA: Sorry. Didn't realize you'll have 1 under 3. You can stay in any resort in that case. If I were you, I'd go for French Quarter. It's only a 10 minute walk to Riverside, so you can still use all of their amenities.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

Rooms and Places

If you are getting 2 rooms, I suggest CBR. The rooms are slightly bigger than the other moderate rooms. The walks to the buses are that not much longer than the others since they have serveral pick ups/drop offs.

If you are getting 1 room, you might want to think about a Value Family Suite at All Star Music. They are slightly more expensive than a 1 room moderate but they have 2 bathrooms. The only complaint as an adult and perhaps some older children would be the pullout sofa for a bed. To me, the sofa beds can be very uncomfortable.

Good Luck and have a great time.

CRB 2011

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

We have stayed at all of the mod. resorts and POFQ is by far the best. The only negative is that there is no longer a table service restaurant there( and hasn't been one for over 10 years). Everything else is far superior to all other mod. resorts.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

We have stayed at all of the mod. resorts and POFQ is by far the best. The only negative is that there is no longer a table service restaurant there( and hasn't been one for over 10 years). Everything else is far superior to all other mod. resorts.

I'd say that's a matter of opinion. Every other Moderate has more (and far more elaborate) pools, and better slides than FQ (in my opinion.)

Upvote 0

Jeff456

French quarter is the only moderate I have stayed in but we thought it was lovely, its small size is so convinient and it only being a short walk to the car park, pool and food court saved so much time!

Upvote 0

ryguy

Most moderate resort properties are spread out. POFQ is the smallest. If you have a car CBR pirate rooms are no big deal. IF not the Pirate room will be the farthest walk to the food court and main pool area. Truthfully I like the CBR the best because it's half the price of the Polynesian, but has the same feel. You get a beach and a pool near each building. And the Pirate rooms are pretty much brand new. So the room should be in good shape. And the pool just got renovated too. The food court at Dixie Landings (yeah I said it) is still the best on property so that would be the only let down I can see. Either way have a great trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom