Help me prepare for my first deluxe stay.

Mainahman

Original Poster
The animals on the savannah are free to come and go as they want. The only time they have to go back in is for their vetinerary checks each morning.
Interesting!!! Love that! Hope we end up with even a distorted Savannah view...

nickys

Premium Member
Waking up early and sitting out on the balcony watching the animals right outside your room while sipping a cup of coffee is something that is an amazing experience in itself.
Here at home we might have a squirrel or deer walk by, but never once a giraffe or zebra!
Also, the pool is amazing. I hope you plan some pool time.
I know it is a simple thing, but being able to park underneath the building is nice, as the car is not blazing hot when you get in.
Our last stay at Kidani we spent way more time there than at the parks. Plan to take lots of photos.
Also, I know some people would not dream of it, but we enjoy cooking in the room, and with a full kitchen, you can prepare all the meals you want right in the room.
Walk over to Jambo if it is open when you are there and check out the lobby there. Also, there are lots of things to see and do at Jambo, unless the covid thing has cancelled them, like night vision goggles, cookie decorating, culinary tours of BOMA and Jiko, and more. Oh, and zebra domes, gotta try zebra domes.
Sadly all those extras are cancelled. In fact Jambo itself will be pretty much closed, except for the villas and the Uzima pool. But the lobby will be open, so definitely check that out.

The community Hall at Kidani will be open. They used to do the movie nights there, with free popcorn. But with the relatively small size of the room I don’t know if they will run them.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sadly all those extras are cancelled. In fact Jambo itself will be pretty much closed, except for the villas and the Uzima pool. But the lobby will be open, so definitely check that out.

The community Hall at Kidani will be open. They used to do the movie nights there, with free popcorn. But with the relatively small size of the room I don’t know if they will run them.
I'm happy about the animals, and bread service :)

Much-Pixie-Dust

@Mainahman I am so excited for you! There’s a lot of negativity on many threads right now and your positivity and excitement gives me joy.
Watching the animals and just taking in the beauty of the resort will be fun for you and your family.

Take time to look at all of the African Art and artifacts throughout the resort. My family also enjoys bringing in lunch and sitting just outside the gated pool area to watch the animals while lunching.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

nickys

Premium Member
@Mainahman I am so excited for you! There’s a lot of negativity on many threads right now and your positivity and excitement gives me joy.
Watching the animals and just taking in the beauty of the resort will be fun for you and your family.

Take time to look at all of the African Art and artifacts throughout the resort. My family also enjoys bringing in lunch and sitting just outside the gated pool area to watch the animals while lunching.

You can watch the animals on the small savannah from inside the KIdani pool area, handily placed near the pool bar! The red river hogs are adorable but quite aggressive, which is why they can’t be on the main savannah with the giraffes (they nip the giraffes’ legs apparently 😂).

Last edited:

Mainahman

Original Poster

Thank you! We try to find the silver lining in everything. These kids are so excited and are counting the days. We know things will be missing, but the magic won't be. The memories won't be, and isn't that why Walt built the original Disneyland? For families to create memories?? I think my favorite part is they know we have a hotel there, but that's it. They have no idea where we are staying nothing. It's to be a surprise. I want to get there, and walk around and them to realize there's animals.

Last edited:

Mainahman

Original Poster
You can watch the animals on the small savannah from inside the KIdani pool area, handily placed near the pool bar! The red river hogs are adorable but quite aggressive, which is why they can’t be on the main savannah with the giraffes (they nip the giraffes’ legs apparently 😂).
Looking for an easy meal I guess? Either way that's pretty amazing!

Doodlelicious

Here is why you will love it. First when you step into the lobby of the AKL resort you will see the beauty of it. The pool is also very nice. Then just walking around the resort and looking into the Savannah is a treat. Then if you get a Savannah View room waking up and viewing the animals from your room is so very special. Top that off with great restaurants in Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa plus the Bar Lounges that is a huge plus. You will love it all.

nickys

Premium Member
Here is why you will love it. First when you step into the lobby of the AKL resort you will see the beauty of it. The pool is also very nice. Then just walking around the resort and looking into the Savannah is a treat. Then if you get a Savannah View room waking up and viewing the animals from your room is so very special. Top that off with great restaurants in Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa plus the Bar Lounges that is a huge plus. You will love it all.
All true, Kidani is on a smaller scale. And Jiko and Boma won’t be open when he goes. But he has the right attitude and will enjoy it none the less.

Mainahman

Original Poster
All true, Kidani is on a smaller scale. And Jiko and Boma won’t be open when he goes. But he has the right attitude and will enjoy it none the less.
I dare to say the small size will be a plus for me. As much as I enjoy POP, it's giant. It's a bit spread out at times, and most nights I just want to come back and crash. On this trip, I could see me coming back, grabbing a drink at the pool bar if it's still open, returning to my room, and enjoying my balcony. We are classified as standard view, but I'm going to request even a distorted Savannah. As long as I can enjoy Sanaa I'll be happy. Not having a qs restaurant may be a problem the first day, but IL likely stop at Publix on the drive in, and grab a pizza and just throw it in the oven. This will likely be a more laid back trip, and I'm totally ready for that.

nickys

Premium Member
I dare to say the small size will be a plus for me. As much as I enjoy POP, it's giant. It's a bit spread out at times, and most nights I just want to come back and crash. On this trip, I could see me coming back, grabbing a drink at the pool bar if it's still open, returning to my room, and enjoying my balcony. We are classified as standard view, but I'm going to request even a distorted Savannah. As long as I can enjoy Sanaa I'll be happy. Not having a qs restaurant may be a problem the first day, but IL likely stop at Publix on the drive in, and grab a pizza and just throw it in the oven. This will likely be a more laid back trip, and I'm totally ready for that.
Sana’a does QS at breakfast.
And the suggestion is they may do the same for lunch, and also have a food truck.The pool bar does good food too.
There is a Publix very close to AKL, along the back road to the Orange Lake “Town Center”. This is how it was described by someone better at driving instructions than me (I’m not a driver):

Publix Super Market at Orange Lake Town Center is closest to AKL, it is on 192 and is minutes away from AKL if you take Sherbeth Road. That road connects 192 to Osceola Parkway and both the AK and the AKL.

Doodlelicious

The resort is great for laid back as well, especially in the evening just walking around the resort. The pool is wonderful for relaxing. You will love Sanaa. Not to lean you one way, but the appetizer Indian Bread service is wonderful and the African Triple Chocolate Mousse for dessert is out of this world.

Mainahman

Original Poster
The resort is great for laid back as well, especially in the evening just walking around the resort. The pool is wonderful for relaxing. You will love Sanaa. Not to lean you one way, but the appetizer Indian Bread service is wonderful and the African Triple Chocolate Mousse for dessert is out of this world.
Bread Service will happen many many many times!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sana’a does QS at breakfast.
And the suggestion is they may do the same for lunch, and also have a food truck.The pool bar does good food too.
There is a Publix very close to AKL, along the back road to the Orange Lake “Town Center”. This is how it was described by someone better at driving instructions than me (I’m not a driver):

Publix Super Market at Orange Lake Town Center is closest to AKL, it is on 192 and is minutes away from AKL if you take Sherbeth Road. That road connects 192 to Osceola Parkway and both the AK and the AKL.
That's good to know! We're planning for quick grab and go breakfast in the room, but on our AK day where we are right there, figured a nice sit-down breakfast would be nice!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Our normal trips is rope drop to kiss goodnight, then the long walk back to our room to crash I'm actually looking to slowing it down and enjoying the resort more.

Doodlelicious

Our normal trips is rope drop to kiss goodnight, then the long walk back to our room to crash I'm actually looking to slowing it down and enjoying the resort more.
My family is usually a go go go WDW vacation family. We do throw in a pool day here and there. Our last trip was last October which was only a 3 day weekend 21st birthday surprise for me at the Grand Floridian so we went hard and heavy from the time we got there to the time we had to leave. I got back to my college dorm room late Sunday evening and had class early that Monday morning. Needless to say I was exhausted, but it was all worth it. It will be nice however to change it up and relax and the AKL is a great resort for just that.

Mainahman

Original Poster
My family is usually a go go go WDW vacation family. We do throw in a pool day here and there. Our last trip was last October which was only a 3 day weekend 21st birthday surprise for me at the Grand Floridian so we went hard and heavy from the time we got there to the time we had to leave. I got back to my college dorm room late Sunday evening and had class early that Monday morning. Needless to say I was exhausted, but it was all worth it. It will be nice however to change it up and relax and the AKL is a great resort for just that.
We stopped doing parks the day of arrival just because it wasn't enjoyable. We drive so being In a car usually overnight, I can't focus. We now do a pool day that day, and get settled in. Then we go hard for 5 days, and then sleep in for the drive home.

Doodlelicious

We stopped doing parks the day of arrival just because it wasn't enjoyable. We drive so being In a car usually overnight, I can't focus. We now do a pool day that day, and get settled in. Then we go hard for 5 days, and then sleep in for the drive home.
We don't drive and still don't do a park on the first day unless you count Disney Springs in the evening for a bit.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We don't drive and still don't do a park on the first day unless you count Disney Springs in the evening for a bit.
it's about 11 hours by car to get there. Day 1 is pool and pool bar, then usually a pizza delivered to the room. A good night sleep, and ready to hit a park. This year, I intended to get there no earlier than when the pool opens, with our pool bag packed. We will chill by the pool until our room ready text comes, then get settled.

Doodlelicious

it's about 11 hours by car to get there. Day 1 is pool and pool bar, then usually a pizza delivered to the room. A good night sleep, and ready to hit a park. This year, I intended to get there no earlier than when the pool opens, with our pool bag packed. We will chill by the pool until our room ready text comes, then get settled.
If we drove non stop it would take us close to 15 hours and that even with myself, mom, and dad driving is not going to happen. I enjoy the first day at the pool because the rest of the vacation there isn't much more time for the pool so the first day we get a lot of that in. We then go to Disney Springs in the evening for a meal and some shopping. It is a nice first day. It is also good if it is the first time vacationing at the resort and you get to know your surroundings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom