Help me prepare for my first deluxe stay.

epcotisbest

Right! We had planned to be at all star family suites so this is a giant upgrade! The memories we will make on this trip, far outweighs anything Disney isn't opening or offering.

That's my dear... How do we go back to value resorts after this.

Honestly, going back to a value, or even offsite is not a problem if you look at it like we do, and that is it is a blessing to be able to go. We have now stayed at most all of the resorts at every level and have never once not enjoyed it.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Honestly, going back to a value, or even offsite is not a problem if you look at it like we do, and that is it is a blessing to be able to go. We have now stayed at most all of the resorts at every level and have never once not enjoyed it.
We love POP alot. It feels like home. For our normal park style it works as a crashing point. This is a blessing that we were not counting on. We're already planning ,2021 for my other niece and nephew, and not sure where we will end up yet.

epcotisbest

We love POP alot. It feels like home. For our normal park style it works as a crashing point. This is a blessing that we were not counting on. We're already planning ,2021 for my other niece and nephew, and not sure where we will end up yet.

Yeah, we like POP, especially with the Skyliner. And we like walking over to AoA too. We do a lot of resort hopping.

epcotisbest

We were there this past September just as they were testing skyliner. We haven't ridden it yet. I'll likely go to an AoA suite to get the needed 2 bathrooms, and skyliner.

We went in October after the Skyliner was open. We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but drove over to DS. From DS, we took a bus to Pop, walked around there then caught the Skyliner to HS, just to ride it. Then we got back on and rode the Skyliner over to Epcot. From Epcot, we walked around the Boardwalk area then took the Skyliner back to HS where we caught a bus to Poly to get a Dole Whip. We then walked over to GF and explored there a little while before taking the monorail to MK, where we got off and took a boat to Wilderness Lodge. After enjoying walking around WL, We took a boat back to MK and caught a bus to POR Riverside, where we walked around a bit then caught the boat back to DS, explored DS then got the car and headed back to WBC. Made for a fun day trying out the Skyliner and doing some resort hopping. Yes, we like resort hopping. Do it almost every trip.
As it is just my wife and I, no kids, we often spend more time at the resorts than in the parks now. It used to be we were parks all day every day, but no longer.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We went in October after the Skyliner was open. We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but drove over to DS. From DS, we took a bus to Pop, walked around there then caught the Skyliner to HS, just to ride it. Then we got back on and rode the Skyliner over to Epcot. From Epcot, we walked around the Boardwalk area then took the Skyliner back to HS where we caught a bus to Poly to get a Dole Whip. We then walked over to GF and explored there a little while before taking the monorail to MK, where we got off and took a boat to Wilderness Lodge. After enjoying walking around WL, We took a bus back to MK and caught a bus to POR Riverside, where we walked around a bit then caught the boat back to DS, explored DS then got the car and headed back to WBC. Made for a fun day trying out the Skyliner and doing some resort hopping. Yes, we like resort hopping. Do it almost every trip.
As it is just my wife and I, no kids, we often spend more time at the resorts than in the parks now. It used to be we were parks all day every day, but no longer.
My daughter is on her own, that past trip was just like 2 park days for our anniversary. Going forward after these niece and nephew trips, it's likely.to be just my wife and I. I'd love to do just that. Do more slow trips, knowing we will be back next year anyways so we don't have to do everything, and be at the parks all the time. That's when I'd like to get a nicer hotel with more things to do. In a perfect.workd, we'd likely look at DVC or DVC resale.

durangojim

We were moved to a 2 bedroom villa for our upcoming august trip. All of our past trips have been at POP century value. Never stayed at a deluxe, let alone a villa. Super excited for Kidani, animals, and Bread Service!! Tell me why I will love it! The hotel, not bread service, I mean how could you hate bread service....

Just don't forget to bring your tux. Now that you're one of the deluxes I can tell you the secrets about all the deluxe resorts. The men get to have drinks and cigars in the library while the women play cards in the salon. It's just like Downton Abby.;)

Mainahman

Original Poster
Just don't forget to bring your tux. Now that you're one of the deluxes I can tell you the secrets about all the deluxe resorts. The men get to have drinks and cigars in the library while the women play cards in the salon. It's just like Downton Abby.;)
Haha!!

WEDYENSID

Wow, that's a great upgrade! Your reward for sharing Disney with relatives who have never been there, I'll bet. Hope you have a Great time - only thing different about staying at a Deluxe - It's easier to come up with excuses to stay at the resort, enjoy the pool, etc..
We love the Pop Century, stayed there many times - But last year we bought DVC Resale at the Poly (which I swore I'd never do), and I don't regret it. My adult daughters love Disney as much as we do, so they will enjoy it long after I am gone!

Club Cooloholic

Have fun and try to do some of the cultural offerings(if they are doing them) at the hotel. Night vision animal viewing is really fun, and the pool bar is great as it looks over the wild river hogs area.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Wow, that's a great upgrade! Your reward for sharing Disney with relatives who have never been there, I'll bet. Hope you have a Great time - only thing different about staying at a Deluxe - It's easier to come up with excuses to stay at the resort, enjoy the pool, etc..
We love the Pop Century, stayed there many times - But last year we bought DVC Resale at the Poly (which I swore I'd never do), and I don't regret it. My adult daughters love Disney as much as we do, so they will enjoy it long after I am gone!
Thats kind of how im looking at it. We really cant wait. See with the reduced park hours, there will be more time at the resort, so i dont feel guilty by it. The washer and dryer will help wash the masks each night for the next day etc. We love pop century too, but this trip i have a feeling may change our resort minds. With us needing more room next trip, between art of animation, and the cabins at FW, my wifes already leaning twords the cabins. I may be seeing her change in front of my eyes! ha!

I may need to pick your brain about DVC resale, as ive been trying to get my wife on board, and that way we could pick our home resort. Also

Mainahman

Original Poster
Have fun and try to do some of the cultural offerings(if they are doing them) at the hotel. Night vision animal viewing is really fun, and the pool bar is great as it looks over the wild river hogs area.
The pool bar will be my first spot. Its not a trip unless i grab a cocktail after a 11 hour drive. We usually arrive with a pool bag parked to chill at the pool until our room ready text comes.

Tinkerfan4ever

That's a great upgrade! Funny story about our stay at Animal Kingdom Villas. The first night there we sat outside watching the animals for probably an hour. (We had a 2 bedroom villa and my sister was staying with us). I ended up walking out on the patio thru the bedroom and in thru the living room. Needless to say we left the bedroom balcony open. We were awoken at like 2am to some pretty loud animal noises. We kind of freaked out thinking an animal got in the room. Luckily it did not, but be sure to close those doors! LOL

Mainahman

Original Poster
That's a great upgrade! Funny story about our stay at Animal Kingdom Villas. The first night there we sat outside watching the animals for probably an hour. (We had a 2 bedroom villa and my sister was staying with us). I ended up walking out on the patio thru the bedroom and in thru the living room. Needless to say we left the bedroom balcony open. We were awoken at like 2am to some pretty loud animal noises. We kind of freaked out thinking an animal got in the room. Luckily it did not, but be sure to close those doors! LOL
I thought it was a pretty amazing upgrade, and looking forward to notice the differences. HAHAHAHAHAHA thats awesome! so they stay out there all night? they dont have homes like they do at AK?

Tinkerfan4ever

so they stay out there all night? they dont have homes like they do at AK?
I think some of the bigger animals (zebras, giraffes, etc) have homes, but the smaller ones were definitely out there all night. But you wouldn't know they were smaller from the noises they were making! LOL

Mainahman

Original Poster
I think some of the bigger animals (zebras, giraffes, etc) have homes, but the smaller ones were definitely out there all night. But you wouldn't know they were smaller from the noises they were making! LOL
Hahahahahahahaha! Noted! Can't wait to see them all.

nickys

Premium Member
I thought it was a pretty amazing upgrade, and looking forward to notice the differences. HAHAHAHAHAHA thats awesome! so they stay out there all night? they dont have homes like they do at AK?
The animals on the savannah are free to come and go as they want. The only time they have to go back in is for their vetinerary checks each morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom