help me out pleassee

tropicanaorange

Original Poster
Ok so me and my best friend are both seniors in high school. She's eighteen and I'm seventeen, soon to be eighteen. We've been in love with Disney World for quite some time now. We don't really have much planned out for our futures but both of us have always said we would love to work at WDW. So my main question is, is there a college really close to Disney World that would allow us to work at Disney well attending the college at the same time? I am scheduled to go to Central Michigan University next year and I know of the CP opportunities but I would like to stay and work in Florida permanently. I have no clue of what I could do so pleasse if you know anything, I would love for you to help me out.:veryconfu

tinkerbell88

Ok so me and my best friend are both seniors in high school. She's eighteen and I'm seventeen, soon to be eighteen. We've been in love with Disney World for quite some time now. We don't really have much planned out for our futures but both of us have always said we would love to work at WDW. So my main question is, is there a college really close to Disney World that would allow us to work at Disney well attending the college at the same time? I am scheduled to go to Central Michigan University next year and I know of the CP opportunities but I would like to stay and work in Florida permanently. I have no clue of what I could do so pleasse if you know anything, I would love for you to help me out.:veryconfu
Well the first thing yall can do is the career start program(this is for people just graduating high school and aren't sure of going to college)this program in six months and you can earn college credit while you are there. The second things is after you have done the career start program and you have done one semester with the college of your choice then you would join the college program.This is bascially Disney University it is really a college. You work at Disney take college classes and have fun. During your college program you would do summer interships where you work at the career you want in Disney. Then after the college program you would do the summer alumni program and that gets you in disney full time. If you have any other questions let me know.

tropicanaorange

Original Poster
how do i apply for that kind of stuff and could i start working there right away? i know that you have to be eighteen. also for the career start program where would I live? on the Disney Property? Is this expensive or reasonably priced? thanks for all the help.

tinkerbell88

how do i apply for that kind of stuff and could i start working there right away? i know that you have to be eighteen. also for the career start program where would I live? on the Disney Property? Is this expensive or reasonably priced? thanks for all the help.
You can find everything you need to know at this website:
www.disneycareerstart.com or if you want to do the college program. www.disneycollegeprogram.com

Wilt Dasney

If you just want to go to college and work at Disney, you might look into the University of Central Florida in Orlando. It looks to be fewer than 20 miles from Disney property.

jiminy.cricket

Or some people go to Valencia Community College and transfer to University of Central Florida. A lot of students enroll at these schools after their CP or CareerStart, and after they have established residency. I would go wherever is cheaper for you, though, because you can always come down to Disney. If you'd rather get started earlier, though, by all means do. There are a lot of Valencia and UCF students who are CMs. I think some go to Stetson, also. I'm not sure where that is.

tropicanaorange

Original Poster
ok so I have a couple more questions, sorry. haha. If i send my application in within the month for the career start program, will i still have a chance to begin there this year. and also at the moment i am seventeen but in August i turn eighteen..so does that mean i need to wait to hear back from them until then?

Krozar

It is similar to what i am doing.

I am taking off 1 semester of uni to do the CP. After that, i can do the summer alumni program and not miss any uni. ^_^

But I am not living nor planning to live in FL. But I don't see how it would be any different, just instead of flying back to Texas, I would just roomie with somebody somewhere between the uni and park and go the uni in Orlando.

Joepic

the college program would be perfect for you two

I think the careerstart is for older folks who have already graduated from college, I might be wrong however...but I know that the College Program is specifically for College kids. I would stay where you are and both do the College Program for a semester and see how you like it. If all goes well, it'll be easier to make plans to move.

joanna71985

the college program would be perfect for you two

I think the careerstart is for older folks who have already graduated from college, I might be wrong however...but I know that the College Program is specifically for College kids. I would stay where you are and both do the College Program for a semester and see how you like it. If all goes well, it'll be easier to make plans to move.

Nope, CS is for people who have graduated from high school and haven't started college yet.

SFOG

I would recommend going to UCF (the University of Central Florida), and enrolling in the Rosen School of Hospitality Management:
http://www.hospitality.ucf.edu/

This really is an amazing program! You will learn all about the hospitality industry industry--not just theme parks. Many of the professors have worked at Disney and have connections to help you with some great internship opportunities.

Plus, the Rosen campus is beautiful! It really looks like a hotel. Check it out.

tinkerbell88

ok so I have a couple more questions, sorry. haha. If i send my application in within the month for the career start program, will i still have a chance to begin there this year. and also at the moment i am seventeen but in August i turn eighteen..so does that mean i need to wait to hear back from them until then?
You have to be 18 by your scheduled program arrival date. You might but your arrival date may be later.

Magicmyway

Careerstart is pretty good actually. I graduated early to go down there. My bf was a CP and here's what we figured were the disadvantages/advantages. CS you have to wake up to go to these weekly classes. CP you dont. On both you have to work about the same amount of hours. CS you get more backstage tours through the classes you take. CP you have more (no offense to those on here in CS) mature people (CS generally get more people kicked out of the program) They are both good.

Rabflmom

If you just want to go to college and work at Disney, you might look into the University of Central Florida in Orlando. It looks to be fewer than 20 miles from Disney property.

My son lives on University and goes to UCF. He has worked at Disney, seasonal, part time, and now fulltime while getting his degree. It takes about an hour to get to or from work depending on the time of day and what is happening along !-4 like concerts, games etc. Once the 408 is not under so much construction it will be easier and faster. Sometimes he takes the 417(?) but the tolls add up using that and 408 to get home so he opts for 1-4 to save a buck or 2.
Where he works they are very good about giving him the days off he needs for classes. He schedules them all for the same 2 days a week. Hopefully he will get his degree this summer! Not going to hold my breath till I see it, though. It doesn't leave a lot of free time now that he is working full time, but he loves where he works. Most of his social life seems to be going to the parks with friends from work and not spending a lot of money to bring a date. LOL

If you think working in the tourist sector is something you want to do for life. Check out the classes at Rosen ( I think that is the name) which is a part of UCF. Seems to be a great school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom