Hearing news of a monorail crash today.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Break-away barrier seems to make sense. Heck, even a tarp a la bullfighting would've meant no damage (beyond egos).

Generally when testing a robot e-Stop system we've always used a breakaway barrier, Lightweight materials like fabric generally dont trigger impact sensors as they dont present enough resistance - though there should have been a optical/microwave sensor which triggered a stop before physical impact.

Flalex72

Or perhaps hire a COMPETENT engineering firm to do the automation, perhaps even one which has done similar projects not merely the 'lowest bidder'.

Thales is the world leader in mass transit automation. SELTrac system has been installed the world over and just celebrated 30 years, parts of it have been used by the WDW Monorail for decades. To say they aren't competent or haven't done similar projects is utterly disingenuous.

Glasgow

This is like when people accidentally spill water on their work laptop to get a new one. Ok, maybe it isn't .. but maybe they can wet vac the cabs while it's down .. cmon

peachykeen

Well.... What are we wrong on? What is the accurate narritaive?

I think it's my fault. I had been told by a CM who was there that the incident occurred during the testing, and that the train hit the tractor while under its own power. I now think, according to the reports, that the train was in tow when the incident happened. Something similar happened to Yellow when I was there although the result was much less dramatic, with only a punched out windshield.

PhotoDave219

I think it's my fault. I had been told by a CM who was there that the incident occurred during the testing, and that the train hit the tractor while under its own power. I now think, according to the reports, that the train was in tow when the incident happened. Something similar happened to Yellow when I was there although the result was much less dramatic, with only a punched out windshield.

I've heard the same conflicting reports.

So there's credibility to the thought of a tow line breaking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom