Hearing news of a monorail crash today.

Flalex72

You will find most government contractors are also defense contractors example for state government and healthcare one of the biggest contractors around is Lockheed-Martin not a name one normally associate with healthcare.

Probably a better term would be 'Government Services Contractor' some build stuff that goes boom others don't but it all costs way too much for whats actually delivered in the end.

When I think government contract abuse I think Accenture, but that's just me.

nace888

Is there any immediate update to whether or not Coral will be out fairly quickly? Having JUST had to redo Lime, I'd imagine that they'd have all the supplies still around...

s8film40

Is there any immediate update to whether or not Coral will be out fairly quickly? Having JUST had to redo Lime, I'd imagine that they'd have all the supplies still around...
I doubt a timeframe will be announced, but I would expect it to be out for about 6 months.

ArtificialArtist

There's not much positive to read about the monorails in recent years :/

I feel obliged to brighten the mood a little:
WDW_Monorail_Cpit_wipShot-PB-WM_103-01_4K-med.jpg

I don't know if this has been answered before but the front section is not as sturdy as it looks, most of the structurally important parts are at the monorail's skirt-height, and that structure extends to about half the cockpit-cabin's length. If two monorails collide in an accident the cockpit structure will either dodge down or tilt upwards (If A dodges, B tilts upwards and vice versa) and break apart in the process (depending on force). You can see it on the footage available from the monorail collision. This is because the hull is basically a structure of its own, made of a fiberglass(?) compound, figuratively sitting on the ledge of the structural-frame, which therefore absorbs most of the kinetic energy. They likely didn't reinforce the cockpit structurally as the monorail system was intended for single-lane use, therefore having a close-to-zero risk of intervehicular collisions.

NormC

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That was three years ago. How is it progressing now? Trains running yet? I know the Simonsway/Shadowmoss lines outside of my office in Atlas Park were progressing nicely last time I was there but that was two years ago.
We're running still a mix of new and old signalling systems. The network now runs to East Didsbury, Rochdale and the Airport as well as earlier routes but implementing Thales' TMS system is still being done a bit at a time. Half the tram fleet can't run on old lines, some of the rest can't run on the new lines, and a few can run on both since they carry both the old and the new signalling hardware onboard.

NormC

We're running still a mix of new and old signalling systems. The network now runs to East Didsbury, Rochdale and the Airport as well as earlier routes but implementing Thales' TMS system is still being done a bit at a time. Half the tram fleet can't run on old lines, some of the rest can't run on the new lines, and a few can run on both since they carry both the old and the new signalling hardware onboard.
It was fun to watch all the construction up Shadowmoss towards the airport while sitting in my classroom. Hopefully they will sort it all out. We have moved to Wilmslow on the other side of the airport now but we still own the Atlas Park building.

s8film40

It's a remarkably perfect condensing of the train, that's for sure.
Yeah it took just the right timing!

Reminds me of an advertisement Disney put out one time where they pieced two photos together and probably didn't realize they combined a Mark IV monorail together with a Mark VI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom