Hearing news of a monorail crash today.

PhotoDave219

While I agree things shouldn't be over sensationalized, I would describe this as a crash. The damage does look fairly significant, more so than other work tractor crashes I've seen. If there was a driver in that cab which I suspect there should have been then that was a somewhat close call.

"Crash while testing" would be accurate and fair. Or "Accident while testing". But to simply call it a crash or an accident implies normal operations and guests on board when thats pretty far from the case.

dstrawn9889

11224105_1031329053576429_4139399743405152355_n.jpg

pulled from facebook

s8film40

Fair enough. I'm just suggesting that certain Twidiots fanned the flames of hysteria.
Yeah I think the pendulum has swung to two different extremes over the course of the past hour. Definitely not too serious, but at the same time I'm sure my insurance company would consider this to be pretty serious if I had this much damage to my car. For Disney to say that there wasn't an accident and a work tractor just "made contact" with a monorail is probably the biggest inaccuracy I've heard throughout the course of this.

PhotoDave219

Yeah I think the pendulum has swung to two different extremes over the course of the past hour. Definitely not too serious, but at the same time I'm sure my insurance company would consider this to be pretty serious if I had this much damage to my car. For Disney to say that there wasn't an accident and a work tractor just "made contact" with a monorail is probably the biggest inaccuracy I've heard throughout the course of this.

They're intentionally downplaying it. Thats what Disney does.

And after the closeups, it looks like this is a six-month repair. (Based on previous history)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom