Hearing news of a monorail crash today.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It would help if you quoted, and read my entire post. As my examples pointed out, there are fail safes in place in other simialr modes of transportation. When an aircraft is towed to the hanger, there is someone in the cockpit that can apply the brakes on the aircraft should the towbar break. Something along those lines is what is needed when the monorail is towed. Stop worring about the blue sky in my world and study redundancy.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES OVER

ExMonorailCM

The 2009 monorail crash wasn't that long ago and any type of monorail "crash" is going to generate big news. Especially when the real reason for the 2009 crash was being hidden by Disney until they were ordered to release files, training manuals, logs, radio transmission items and other things not normally seen by the public.

Are the NTSB transcripts still available anywhere? I worked in the department for a few years around that time. I started shortly before those documents were released and remember reading through them and feeling a sense of pride that i was working there. Was looking for them a few weeks back and seems like the pages of transcripts and witness reports have been taken down?

s8film40

Are the NTSB transcripts still available anywhere? I worked in the department for a few years around that time. I started shortly before those documents were released and remember reading through them and feeling a sense of pride that i was working there. Was looking for them a few weeks back and seems like the pages of transcripts and witness reports have been taken down?
I saved them. I'll see if I can find a way to repost them.

Mouse_Trap

Holy Crap - they just LEFT Coral at the TTC for a whole DAY!!!!, Does something called 'Show' even exist in the keys to the kingdom today or has it been replaced by some other value.

2E8F01B000000578-0-image-a-146_1447853210128.jpg

Disneyland Opening Day.....mistakes were made even then.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That was day 1 of Disney'
2E8F01B000000578-0-image-a-146_1447853210128.jpg

Disneyland Opening Day.....mistakes were made even then.

That was Day 1 of Disney Parks - the book on show had not even been written yet, Nice try though still does not excuse parking a crashed vehicle in full sight of every guest going through the TTC - Just perhaps they could have moved just OUTSIDE the TTC where its condition was not so glaringly obvious.

s8film40

That was day 1 of Disney'

That was Day 1 of Disney Parks - the book on show had not even been written yet, Nice try though still does not excuse parking a crashed vehicle in full sight of every guest going through the TTC - Just perhaps they could have moved just OUTSIDE the TTC where its condition was not so glaringly obvious.
I don't think it was parked where it would be in sight of guests. The affected cab would have been at the opposite side of the station. Since the monorail was closed there wouldn't have been guests on the platform.

raven

Original Poster

Drive that thing down 192 in Kissimmee and no one would look twice.

I don't think it was parked where it would be in sight of guests. The affected cab would have been at the opposite side of the station. Since the monorail was closed there wouldn't have been guests on the platform.

Well, photos were taken of it there so it was visible by someone!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Look at the picture - that was in full view of all the guests, No it was not at the platform but what in hell were they thinking.

s8film40

Drive that thing down 192 in Kissimmee and no one would look twice.

Well, photos were taken of it there so it was visible by someone!
Mostly helicopters and from the boat when it was still at the accident site.

If this was the best a news reporter could get I would say they did a decent job of keeping it out of public sight.

http://wftv.com/videos/news/disney-monorail-update/vDfLk9/

More importantly safety is a bigger factor. I would much prefer them get everything cleaned up first rather than quickly drag a crashed monorail over public areas with parts falling everywhere back to the shop to hide it.

ABQ

Look at the picture - that was in full view of all the guests, No it was not at the platform but what in hell were they thinking.
Well, we don't know what time of evening that photo was taken, if that's while the monorail was being moved after being parked inside the platform all day, then so be it. There's no way to transport it from the beam to the roundhouse out of sights of guests in the resorts along the line.

s8film40

What picture? Are you referring to the one taken while it was being moved back to the shop at the end of the night? If so that's not where it was parked.

Mouse_Trap

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, we don't know what time of evening that photo was taken, if that's while the monorail was being moved after being parked inside the platform all day, then so be it. There's no way to transport it from the beam to the roundhouse out of sights of guests in the resorts along the line.

We know that it was at night and somewhere around closing because there were people in the tram, Might be interesting to point a metadata extractor at the image and get the timestamp and camera data.

montyz81

[QUOTE="ford91exploder, post: 6987086, member: 60940" Nice try though still does not excuse parking a crashed vehicle in full sight of every guest going through the TTC - Just perhaps they could have moved just OUTSIDE the TTC where its condition was not so glaringly obvious.[/QUOTE]
I am guessing they couldn't move it to far for investigation purposes. It was an accident, cut these guys some slack. It is out of sight now so "Show" is restored.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Mostly helicopters and from the boat when it was still at the accident site.

If this was the best a news reporter could get I would say they did a decent job of keeping it out of public sight.

http://wftv.com/videos/news/disney-monorail-update/vDfLk9/

More importantly safety is a bigger factor. I would much prefer them get everything cleaned up first rather than quickly drag a crashed monorail over public areas with parts falling everywhere back to the shop to hide it.

Does it bother anyone else that he couldn't / didn't say Monorail? Poor guy... It's like he's never been to Disney before... ;)

note2001

Well, if they're going to keep crashing monorails into the tow, I suggest they get to work on creating a scrim like covering to lay over the damaged cabs that at least makes it look like it might be normal underneath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom