Have you spotted anyone famous at WDW?

Number_6

I was just working the Bellstand at the Boardwalk Inn and Villas on Monday and a guy came up to me that looked familiar for some reason, but I couldn't place him. He asked where he could get a good burger so I directed him to the ESPN Club. He said that he had to go there later anyway, so he might as well make it his first stop. As he was leaving, a couple walked by and the woman knew him so she started joking around that "They let anyone in here, don't they?" Then I overheard her introducing the guy she was with to Mike Shanahan. The reason I didn't recognize the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos when he was talking to me was that he didn't have the headset and Broncos Jacket or sweater on. I also got to see Curt Schilling when he was in the parade after the Red Sox won the World Series. :sohappy:

DisneySoccerFan

I saw David Robinson, formerly of the San Antonio Spurs, in the Magic Kingdom behind the castle in July of 1998. He was easy to spot, being 7ft. tall! We also ran into many members of the US National Team (Soccer) and MLS throughout the resort, as the weekend we were there was also the weekend of the MLS All-Star Game at the Citrus Bowl.

Joevn

I've seen several but they were usually scheduled appearances at the Disney-MGM Studios. I've seen Michael J. Fox & Alan Menken as part of the Star of the Day (or something to that effect) program they used to have . Elvira during a Friday the 13th Event, Estelle Getty during a pre-show interview (to BATB - Live on Stage), and David Cassidy, who made a surprise appearance before a SuperStar Television show.

Joe

IDreamOfDisney

Yep. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and the rest.;) Oh yea, I saw Mr. Eisner. I almost didn't see him... He was standing between Captian Hook and Jafar. :rolleyes: :lol:

Happy Holidays,:xmas:

Jay

Sloan

Superman

I saw Christopher Reeve and his family at Animal Kingdom a couple years back (post accident - in the chair). I was happy to see that he was then still able to get out with his family for something special. (And am sorry that he's gone now, as he seemed so nice and was such a great spokesperson for several good causes).

Buckeye

Static-X said:
Well, it wasn't at WDW, but I held a converstation with the wrestler Edge at Busch Gardens Tampa. Nice guy outside of his wrestler persona.

I'm pretty sure I saw pro wrestler Eddie Guerero (sp?) at the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. (I'm a little embarassed to admit that I recognized him. :eek: )

Buckeye

surfsupdon said:
I saw Joe Montana on the steps of Teppanyeki Dining about 10 years ago.
Not the most A-list, but something.

A Pro-Football HALL OF FAMER!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't get any more "A-List" than that here in CANTON, OHIO!

MonoRon

When I worked as a CP in '03 I got to see and met numerous celebs...I saw Eddie Murphy in the Magic Kingdom, Chris Tucker at Epcot, Mankind(from WWE) he was with his family at the Magic Kingdom, and I met Daryl Strawberry when he rode up front with me in the monorail. He's a really nice guy, too bad he had that drug problem.

RSD Part Deux

Last week, I saw Joey Fattone from N-Sync in the same car as me for Test Track...Wynono Judd performing for the Xmas Taping, and while Jim Caviezel was hosting candlelight he was at the German Biergarten for the buffet dinner. I was impressed. 3 celebs on one visit.

Slipknot

MonoRon said:
Mankind(from WWE) he was with his family at the Magic Kingdom,

I met Mankind, aka Mick Foley, at a sports memrobilia store. He was there to sign autographs and came off as a real a hole. I can only imagine what he would have been like while with his family. :rolleyes:

brich

I saw Winona Judd at Cirque Du Soliel on Friday the 12/3/04. She sat 3 rows behind me. And then a couple of days later I saw Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Videos) going into the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney. :eek:

DDuckFan130

RSD Part Deux said:
Last week, I saw Joey Fattone from N-Sync in the same car as me for Test Track...Wynono Judd performing for the Xmas Taping, and while Jim Caviezel was hosting candlelight he was at the German Biergarten for the buffet dinner. I was impressed. 3 celebs on one visit.
Lucky! I am an *NSYNC fan :lol:. I wish I could see celebrities at WDW, especially ones I like (i.e. the Whose Line/Drew Carey Show guys!), but I don't have that much luck :cry:.

AllThatsJoey

My girlfriends uncle got us into Animal Kingdom on a cast preview day back in 98 and it was the same day Sabrina The Teenage Witch was being filmed there. So I got to see Melissa Joan Hart along with the rest of the shows cast. It was really cool cuz all day we saw them filming stuff at different locals but couldn't see who it was, then when leaving the park they were doing a scene at the ticket boothes and we were allowed to stand really close and watch. The thing I remember the most is Melissa's ghetto booty in these tight checkered pants...noice noice.

shopgirl146

Last year when they were filming the Christmas special I had my picture taken with Greg, Marcia, Cindy and the mom from the Brady bunch. I even got to talk with "Marcia" on camera for the Christmas special. I've also seen Caroline Rhea(sp?) Raven and NSYNC

MonoRon

I when saw Mankind(Mick Foley) he was too into his WWE character. He was okay with me letting me grab a picture with him. His kids were brats though, running around the Emporium knocking merchandise all over the place.

*PlutoFan*

Yahoo! My first post on here! Anyway, when I was younger we spotted Barbara Eden(I Dream of Jeanie) eating near us at the Magic Kingdom. In '97 we also spotted Erik Estrada at the Boardwalk. It was pretty cool!:)

diddy_mouse

i had thought about posting something related to this :)

i was watching the Full House episode yesterday and was curious if any of you guys had been at the park when the show was filming...if so...i am so jealous, that would be very cool :)

shalket

My star sightings

In 2002, I saw John Ritter outside the WInnie the Pooh ride at MK. In 1998, I saw Joan Collins in Disney Land outside the Indiana Jone ride. In 2002 I saw Lisa Ling from The VIew at CHina in Epcot.

:) That's not too bad !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom