Have you seen Song of the south in its entirety

Have you watched song of the south in its entirety

• Total voters

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We bought a DVD of it on eBay, what, 16 years ago. It ended up being basically a poorly video taped version from a TV I think that had been digitized. I remember it from when I was a kid and it would come on the Wonderful World of Disney I believe on Sundays.

AndyS2992

It was heavily promoted on VHS here in the UK in 90s when I was a kid and I have a copy of it, don't recall watching it very much though.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll hint to my age. My grandmother took me and my brother to the big city (Savannah) where there was a theater for the 50th Anniversary of Disney Picture Studios. It was followed up by a trip later that summer to Disney Worlds' Magic Kingdom.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have a poor transfer from a VHS to DVD but the lone remaining LaserDisc I kept from my collection is a Japanese import of the Laserdisc version of it. The video transfer of that is flawless. Since the audio track was not stereo, they had the left channel with original English and right with Japanese dub. The only thing that had subtitles were the songs which they did not dub.

ppete1975

Original Poster
Hey, I'm on your side. It is ridiculous to have had it banned. Maybe you can download it somewhere on the internet but that is probably just about it. I am not a fan of deleting history.

One of the saddest things is that perhaps other than "When You Wish Upon A Star" the most well known Disney song of all-time came from this movie.
Want to hear tragic, read what happened to the person who sang when you wish upon a star

gsimpson

I've seen the movie, I can certainly see how people are offended by parts of it. The offensive parts have long ago been removed from the ride. I am not in favor of removing history, it is worth taking someone younger than me (I'm old) and using the movie to teach them about the past. HBO is now "banning" Gone with the Wind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom