Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
I've been watching these boards for awhile and a sudden moment of realization hit me. Although the vast majority of the people here seem to be from the Floridian area or small clumps from the south... a heck of a lot of us are from Illinois.

I wonder why that is...?

To further cement this, there's a hard core Disneyana store near where I used to live that even has a Rocket from the old Tomorrowland ride, and a few props of Mr. Toad.

I guess we all want to be able to go to Disney whenever we wish.

It's frustrating having a friend who lives in the area, telling me everytime on IM when he goes to the parks.

How many people on this board are actually from this area?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
western burbs here....Lombard, IL
But work downtown Chicago in a tall building with lots o' hotels around and some people leave there curtains open and.....er., Ive said to much....:lookaroun ;) :)

DMC-12

Originally posted by Grim Grinner

To further cement this, there's a hard core Disneyana store near where I used to live that even has a Rocket from the old Tomorrowland ride, and a few props of Mr. Toad.

Grim Grinner,

What is the name of this store...and where is it.....?
I wanna go check this out....

Thanks.

DMC-12

Cant say that I have.. (I just moved in about a month and a half ago...I was in Des Plaines most of my life...then I was in
Bolingbrook for about 4-5years before moving to Lom-bored...LOL j/k) One of my friends daughters works at a shelter in Willowbrook or Naperville, and she volunteers at a couple of other animal places to....she is a huge cat person.

DMC-12

"Dopey" is from IL to... actually the building he works in is right next door to mine. ...and we both used to work for CBS Chicago...LOL so it is a small world....lol

Erika

Originally posted by DMC-12

Cant say that I have.. (I just moved in about a month and a half ago...I was in Des Plaines most of my life...then I was in
Bolingbrook for about 4-5years before moving to Lom-bored...LOL j/k) One of my friends daughters works at a shelter in Willowbrook or Naperville, and she volunteers at a couple of other animal places to....she is a huge cat person.

You may know my husband! He is from DP. I am PMing you.

DMC-12

Originally posted by Dwarful
hey we are from Illinois too! Maybe its something in the water???

yeah, zebra Mussels ...well, that and the water from the cooling pool storing the spent Nuclear rods up at the shuttered Zion Power plant...lol ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Wisconsin people have nicknames for people from illinios

FIB's...PM me for the meaning on that one
Flatlanders

And several others i can't post ;)

DMC-12

Originally posted by Fievel

Flatlanders

OoooooOO I know that one....;)

DisneyCP2000

Woo hoo, a Illinois thread. Well I'm from the SW side, right by Midway. One thing that I kinda miss that was very Disney...DisneyQuest :(

I think that a lot of people from Illinois go to FL for vacation. And I guess a lot of them are in love with WDW too. Judd Bush came up here last year to promote tourism for FL. He was in a Disney Store trying to convince people how safe it was to fly south for a vacation.

Scooter

When I'm not visiting the MOUSE, I reside in Aurora Illinois.

The more I go to Central Florida, the less I want to come back to Illinois though. These Midwestern winters are too harsh for my old bones.

:lol:

Erika

Originally posted by Fievel

Flatlanders

We have nicknames for Wisconsin people too-- especially when we get stuck behind them on the highway :brick:

Hey Scooter, my grandma's family helped found Aurora ;) Our family names are all over the place over there. Of course I don't know most of them since they are from the 1800s :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom