Have you ever been scared to go on a Disney ride?

Summit plummet ... I can't. I won't.

I rode the Slush Gusher. No fear, just pain. I was still pulling my swim trunks out of unpleasant places an hour later.

In the time it would take to stand in line for the SG or SP again, I'd rather ride Teamboat Springs five times. Longer and more enjoyable ride, no pain, less wait, and I don't have to worry about whether or not I can have kids after it's over.

NeedMoreMickey

Mission Space - have a fear of being trapped and I don't think I could handle the tight area. My sister got me on the Sum of All Thrills in March and I was ok because I felt like I had "kill" switch and could get out if I yelled loud enough.

PhilharMagician

The only one that I have not been on is Mission Space Orange. I have been on the green side many many times, but I do not do well with spinning things. They tend not to agree with me. So I guess I am afraid I will get sick and possibly ruin my day.

captainkidd

Mission Space - have a fear of being trapped and I don't think I could handle the tight area. My sister got me on the Sum of All Thrills in March and I was ok because I felt like I had "kill" switch and could get out if I yelled loud enough.

You actually do have a kill switch on Sum of All Thrills. Same goes for Cyberspace Mountain. I know exactly what you mean by that adding a level of comfort.

Lucky

The only one that I have not been on is Mission Space Orange. I have been on the green side many many times, but I do not do well with spinning things. They tend not to agree with me. So I guess I am afraid I will get sick and possibly ruin my day.

Same for me. I did Body Wars many years ago and was nauseated the rest of the day. You didn't actually spin of course but it simulated spinning.

I didn't do thrill rides as a kid, but I go on them all (except MS: Orange) with my own kids now at WDW, and even did Fahrenheit at Hershey Park (more intense than anything at WDW).

foreverbelle

Oh boy these go way back...but I used to be afraid to go on the Alien ride as a kid, the one that Stitch is now at. Yea that thing pretty much scared the life out of me.

That and when I was little little, I hated Mr. Toads Wild Ride for some reason. I thought we were going to crash....looking back I realize I was silly but coming from a kid.

Now and days, Dinosaur scares me..I don't like to ride it, though I will for the husband. Mission Space however I refuse to get on...yeah no thank you.

Sharkreef11

Oh yeah - I won't do that one. I'm scared and I'll admit it.

This was a big accomplishment for me. I was scared to death of the thing from 10 to 21 years old and finally when I was 21 I went for it. The worst part was the wait to get to the top. Finally got to go and when I was done I felt pretty good. Several years later and I still make a point to go on it. Still feel the nerves kick in but I know I can do it! :wave:

Sharkreef11

My oh my,does this question bring back memories. Picture this, my first visit in 2004 with DW and DS [6] and were standing in line for Space Mountain,Iam thinking to myself, if I remember right I don't like coasters,so when we got on my son in the front,me in the middle,and DW at the back.Before I could say here goes,Whoosh..:eek:. what was it like?. I don't know,my eyes were closed the whole time,infact my finger prints are still etched on that space buggy.That was my last coaster,well apart from Goofys barnstormer :(

Hatter buddy are you saying you've never experienced Rock'n Roller Coaster? A rock star like yourself has to love the music elements. :wave:

Diablo

Same for me. I did Body Wars many years ago and was nauseated the rest of the day. You didn't actually spin of course but it simulated spinning.

I didn't do thrill rides as a kid, but I go on them all (except MS: Orange) with my own kids now at WDW, and even did Fahrenheit at Hershey Park (more intense than anything at WDW).

I rode Fahrenheit on it's opening weekend and was sick for the next three days. Waited in line for 2 hours. Was a lot of fun, but not worth it in the end.

As for the original question, Mission:Space I simply refuse to do, and Dinosaur scares the crap out of me. I used to tell my best friend how much it scared me and she didn't really buy it until last time we were down, she saw my pic as we were exiting and said I looked like a terrified 6 year old. (I'm 33)

On a side note, I've been reading these boards for a couple years now, and this is my 1st post as a member. Nice to be a part of all of this now. You guys are great. :)

PhilharMagician

Yeah simulators also get me. Body Wars was brutal and IMHO far worse than Star tours, at least for me. I did ride on it at least once per trip, but would have to take some down time after. :lol: EE also gets me starting during the backwards helix and then the final helix just before Disco Yeti. :hurl: I still love the ride.

Annielkd

Haha. Your response cracked me up. Yes I have watched them set up...I've seen all those rusty bolts and pieces and pieces of metal. It amazes me that people go on some of the things they do. I technically know they are inspected and *in theory* should be safe but yeah, no freaking way. However the animatronics might or might not be working on a ride at Disney, I know the ride tracks and systems specifically designed to protect guests are well maintained. Disney does not want to give away their money ;)

Also, a little note on Tower of Terror...I rode that ride on my first trip to Disney when I was 7. I think half of why I wasn't at all scared about it was 1) I just usually don't get afraid of rides but 2) I was the only kid in my family big enough to ride it at the time (brothers were 5 and 3). So it was just me and my dad who went on. I felt super special and "grown up" because I could go on the big kid rides and Timmy and Paddy couldn't :lol:

I'm not afraid of drops... I love the old fashioned rollercoasters that drop a ton of feet. When I went of tower of terror I didn't know it BOUNCED! I knew that I was going to drop, then go back up, but I didn't realize there was a bounce like an elastic. It was horrible. After the first bounce, I yelled at my husband and said, "you a**... you didn't tell me it bounced!" as loud as I could. He just laughed and laughed... and I screamed and kept saying... I hate this ride... I hate this ride... over and over.

Jenna

At 24 I'm too scared to go on the orange version of Mission Space. I don't 'do' motion simulators and this one was made to sound quite extreme to me.

luv

Nope. I've been on every ride in Orlando. The Hulk hurt my teeth, but it didn't scare me.

I'm more frightened on the Orlando highways than I am on the rides. :)

bubbles1812

Oh boy these go way back...but I used to be afraid to go on the Alien ride as a kid, the one that Stitch is now at. Yea that thing pretty much scared the life out of me.

That and when I was little little, I hated Mr. Toads Wild Ride for some reason. I thought we were going to crash....looking back I realize I was silly but coming from a kid.

Now and days, Dinosaur scares me..I don't like to ride it, though I will for the husband. Mission Space however I refuse to get on...yeah no thank you.

Awwww, Mr. Toad's....that brings back memories. My family loved that ride though I could understand how it could be scary, especially at the end with the train. The Alien ride was one I could definitely see scaring people though I'd agree that Stitch is infinitely more scary but for much different reasons :lol:

Jakester

When I was younger, the drop on Pirates scared me to where I refused to ride it.
I was also afraid of splash mountains drop as a young kid also.

On a side note, Journey to Alantis (seaworld) scared me as a 4year old to where I didn't ride until I was 12.

Vader2112

Yes Rock n Roller Coaster. I have a fear of heights. Went on Tower of Terror my foirst tript to WDW thinking it only droped you once...Uggh was I wrong.

My trip in October 2011 I went on Astro Orbiter to defy my fear of heights and had a death grip on the sides the whole time and was sunk into the rocket as far as I could go...No easy feat given Im 6'3".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom