have u ever been chosen or volunteer in an attraction

Captain Hank

NeedABreak said:
I am going with a 4 person group early next month. How do we go aout getting picked. I've never seen where the pick the family for the backlot tour and we have always wanted to do that.

The only thing I ever have ever been picked for are shows at the Adventurer's club.
My group was actually coming in late for a show, and a CM popped out of a door on the way up the queue and asked if we wanted to participate. If I remember correctly, his actual words were "would you like to act a little crazy, and get a little wet?" Yeah...understatement on both parts. You could probably ask one of the CM's on the way into the Backlot Tour.

imamouse

I was selected to go up onstage at Flights of Wonder to have the huge Aisan owl flight directly at my camera's lens. The only problem was, the owl came through the window (take-off point), but instead of flying to the rear of the audience so he could be then be flown toward me, he flew up and away, backstage. So, no picture for me. :cry: I did receive one of those participation certificates though and it is proudly displayed on my fridge.

Woody13

Captain Hank said:
My group was actually coming in late for a show, and a CM popped out of a door on the way up the queue and asked if we wanted to participate. If I remember correctly, his actual words were "would you like to act a little crazy, and get a little wet?" Yeah...understatement on both parts. You could probably ask one of the CM's on the way into the Backlot Tour.
Yeah, that's right. They're always looking for victims....I mean volunteers...

Craig & Lisa

NeedABreak said:
I am going with a 4 person group early next month. How do we go aout getting picked. I've never seen where the pick the family for the backlot tour and we have always wanted to do that.

The only thing I ever have ever been picked for are shows at the Adventurer's club.

for the indy show sit as far forward as you can and when they ask for people who would like to be in the show, plain and simple....."STAND UP AND SCREAM LIKE A MANIAC"! If you don't get picked there is a problem, both my wife and I were pick on 2 different vacations, but it's alot of fun. Actually I stood next to the "plant" in that part of the show. Enjoy:D

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Adv. Club

my friend and I got picked to "help out" with one of the Library shows at the Adventurerers Club at PI, we helped Pamelia Perkins out with the "Titanic Song" and had a blast!!

~heather
Former DTD WDWCP CM (2003-2004)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Hoop Dee Doo

Back in the mid-80's my dad got picked as the "Angel" at Hoop Dee Doo. :lol: :lol: :lol: I STILL remember him coming out in the tu-tu and I think we still have the poloroid (sp?) floating around the house!!:lol:

~heather
Former DTD WDWCP CM (2003-2004)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Another one....Millionaire

I *WOULD* have been in the hot seat about 3x for "fastest finger" but I was a CM at the time and CMs can't get in the "hot seat" :(

~heather
Former DTD WDWCPCM (2003-2004)

Poco909

Original Poster
NeedABreak said:

well they usually pick people in front of the lines waiting, thats how me and my dad got pick:D

napnet

I got to ride the bumble bee like 15 years ago on Honey I Shrunk the Kids... i got to be the one falling off.... barely remember it!

NTI2002

I've been picked for at least two attractions that i can remember.

At MGM back in the day when it was all about special effects, I got to ride the Bee with another kid in front of a blue screen from Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Lol I still remember the kid's last words before we started they were "You scared!?" I guess he asumed we would actualy leave the ground

The second was at Epcot Pre-Innovations, I got to test run the Virtual Magic Carpet Game which is now at Disney Quest.

Yoop33

JenLUVSmickey said:
I was picked to ride an excerise bicycle in the Home Of the Future tour at innoventions!

How long ago was that? I have never seen a exersice bike in there?
Now that you mention it why don't they have exercise equipment in there? That is important to a lot of people.

I got to be a butler (Pie in the face) with the Three Stooges @ Superstar TV,
sitting in the tug boat (lots of water) @ Backstage Tour, man the mops @ Backstage Tour, got to be a Baseball player (didn't get picked) @ Lets make a deal.:sohappy:

Laura

Premium Member
I would rather die than be chosen as a volunteer. At places like Hoop Dee Doo I tend to hide behind other people. :lol:

MKCP 1985

Laura22 said:
I would rather die than be chosen as a volunteer. At places like Hoop Dee Doo I tend to hide behind other people. :lol:
On your next visit you will be picked for something. So let it be written, SO LET IT BE DONE!

(Be sure to visit the Adventurer's Club and stay for the entire show)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom