Have the Trams gone to Yesterland?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anyone think the trams will not be returning. It has been almost 6 months since the park reopened with "A Touch of Disney" and the trams were missing ever since.

Is this another one of D'Amaro's budget cuts?

I think it's outrageous that the park doesn't have trams going for their guests.
It’s a tad much at this point

they can’t claim “safety” or close contact…didnt buffets start up like a day ago?

Stevek

Here is what was shared via by David Koenig via Twitter

Per a CM: “The tractors that pull the tram guest cars are trashed. During the entire resort closure, no work was done on them. When it came to restart them, engines were ruined. Rats made nests in them and chewed up the wiring, batteries were dead, and other mechanical issues

Tamandua

Per a CM: “The tractors that pull the tram guest cars are trashed. During the entire resort closure, no work was done on them. When it came to restart them, engines were ruined. Rats made nests in them and chewed up the wiring, batteries were dead, and other mechanical issues

I find this harder to believe than the idea that Disney is just being cheap.

SoCalDisneyLover

It's too bad Disney doesn't have enough money to just buy new "tractors." I guess they'll have to raise their insanely low ticket prices, or even start charging something like $25 to park.

el_super

I had a car sitting for 6+ months in a rural area and it started right up. Just needed a battery charge. These stories are just another in a long line of excuses.

When the tram loading moved to Chip and Dale during Pixar Pals construction, there were numerous cast complaints about noise and fumes from the indoor location. If those Cast Complaints turned into workers comp claims, Disney would have adequate motivation not to resume tram service until electeic trams could be sourced and deployed.

el_super

There no excuses for Disney not to offer trams or upgrade new ones. If they can spend millions of dollars for splash redo…they got money to replace/upgrade the tram system.

Sure... But it would take time and during the pandemic when operations were mostly suspended (globally) it would probably take twice as long.

The real question is why Disney keeps designing faulty parking structures.

milordsloth

When the tram loading moved to Chip and Dale during Pixar Pals construction, there were numerous cast complaints about noise and fumes from the indoor location. If those Cast Complaints turned into workers comp claims, Disney would have adequate motivation not to resume tram service until electeic trams could be sourced and deployed.
This makes more sense than the other excuses but still isn't a great look. Air quality studies could easily have occurred during the planning/design stages of that parking garage. Any decent commercial general contractor would have looked at proper ventilation for a space like that.

Disstevefan1

Does anyone think the trams will not be returning. It has been almost 6 months since the park reopened with "A Touch of Disney" and the trams were missing ever since.

Is this another one of D'Amaro's budget cuts?

I think it's outrageous that the park doesn't have trams going for their guests.
They will be back, they are not running for MONEY safety reasons…

mikenatcity1

You will never see trams again. Once Disney saw people are willing to walk, there is no motivation to ever bring them back again.
I think willing suggests there was any other option. Especially at opening Toy Story wasn't available- it was walk or don't go to the park (or don't pay Disney money and park elsewhere). I'll say for me- I live close by and have had a friend/neighbor drop me off or take Uber (Uber home has been horrific with surge pricing). I hate the walk and dread it when I park in the structure...I certainly hope they bring back something...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom