Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

I think this could be a great movie, but also am 100% convinced it should be a Halloween release. You'd think Disney would remember from its mistake in releasing Hocus Pocus during the summer of 1993.

By moving Haunted Mansion to October, they could also move either Elemental or Indiana Jones 5 from June to July, giving their movies more room to breathe.
I can't help but wonder if they're anticipating a soft Box Office but hoping it hits big in streaming on Disney+. It'll likely be dropping on there just in time for Halloween.

Maybe they figure they can grab people with it after they've finished their 12th rewatch of Hocus Pocus.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
A new trailer for Haunted Mansion has been released.

New poster.

FwP_yaCaQAcaxog.jpeg

mf1972

looks interesting. a bit spookier looking than i originally thought it would be. definitely not for the younger ones. i got a kick out of some of the nods to the ride i’ve seen in this trailer. i just hope it’s a good movie.

Ghost93

Looks pretty good, a vast improvement over the Eddie Murphy movie. I still believe it should have been released in October, however.

mf1972

1 thing i forgot to mention that gives me a laugh. my wife is always a bit freaked out over the bride during the ride. this trailer doesn’t help 🤣

Ghost93

Great Trailer! Definitely should be a Halloween release.

At least wait till late August.
I also don't understand why a Labor Day release wouldn't work. Shang-Chi made a lot of money — by Covid-19 standards — by releasing Labor Day weekend. Why aren't more studios taking advantage of that?

Animaniac93-98

I think this could be a great movie, but also am 100% convinced it should be a Halloween release.

Disney World starts Halloween August 11 this year. July 28 basically is Halloween on the Mickey calendar.

They probably want people to get hyped for whatever Halloween slate of programming, parks, merch drops within a few weeks of this movie's release.

Animaniac93-98

Interesting that the new trailer is not trying to sell this movie as a comedy, which I thought it mostly was?

I guess to differentiate from the 2003 movie.

Ghost93

Interesting that the new trailer is not trying to sell this movie as a comedy, which I thought it mostly was?

I guess to differentiate from the 2003 movie.
It will probably be a mix of horror and comedy.

In the first half of the Disney World/Disneyland ride, the tone is pretty dark and scary. It doesn't really get silly and funny until the second half of the ride.

yensidtlaw1969

I also don't understand why a Labor Day release wouldn't work. Shang-Chi made a lot of money — by Covid-19 standards — by releasing Labor Day weekend. Why aren't more studios taking advantage of that?
They're probably angling to drop it on Disney+ in September for the Halloween season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom