Haunted Mansion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Im surprised at people saying a teaser for a ride that's supposed to have all kinds of spirits in it, is too scary. Maybe once, just once, a full fledged Disney horror movie is the way to go.
I heard it back in the day this is why Disney decided not to go with the del Toro Haunted Mansion film, too scary. Disney wants to make a more fun scary rather than just plain scary.

erasure fan1

Yea, this trailer is a big miss for me. I get this is really nothing more than a teaser. But at least give some insight into what it will be about. I'll wait until the full story trailer and hopefully it improves. I really didn't think the music choice was very good either.

Animaniac93-98

Not a fan of how the house looks like on the outside. It's too literal an attempt to replicate the Disneyland façade, but the changes to scale and proportions are not flattering either.

Should have gone with a more original design.

Tom Morrow

I was under the impression that this was going to be a somewhat more serious effort, but instead it seems to be just another lighthearted comedy, done in the increasingly grating tone of "we're not taking this too seriously ;)" that is permeating most media Disney puts out these days. Not impressed.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'll stick with Muppets Haunted Mansion, thanks. :p (Which was better than I expected it to be.)

Can't believe this is going theatrical and they sent Peter & Wendy (which looks charming and fun) to D+. :banghead:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I heard it back in the day this is why Disney decided not to go with the del Toro Haunted Mansion film, too scary. Disney wants to make a more fun scary rather than just plain scary.

And they need to take a risk and make it plain scary. You might not hit a billion dollars but if it's good, people will come out to see it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And they need to take a risk and make it plain scary. You might not hit a billion dollars but if it's good, people will come out to see it.
You're talking about a company that is known to be one of the most risk adverse in the industry. Plus not to mention that ideally you want to make it a more 4 quadrant film if you want to be able to get a good reviews and box office returns. Not saying going the complete scary route wouldn't work, but it does limit the audience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Grain of salt, but Google search claims this has a $160m budget. Good luck with that as they say.
Yep.

1677822469307.png

Tom Morrow

I think it’s not so much that it should be genuinely scary (though it should be at least creepy with a slight edge to it) as it should be a film that takes itself seriously. Instead we get another lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek romp with lots of MCU-esque quips to ensure broadest appeal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom