Haunted Mansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Welllll one thing is now glaringly clear. Disney damaged its own possible theater films success's with D +. The popularity of waiting out the theater runs for Disney movies and then watching them at home at less cost and greater comfort is being echoed obver and over. Disney has, yet again, successfully shot itself in the foot.
Oh no... people will only pay for Disney+ and not pay to watch their content in the theaters?

Poor Disney+. It only takes in $9B a year in subscription fees. How will it manage?

;)

TP2000

Not only hasn’t made a cent - they’ve mothballed multiple $100M+ projects to stop the bleeding

They've got to deal with losing Billions per year somehow...

chart.png

celluloid

Oh no... people will only pay for Disney+ and not pay to watch their content in the theaters?

Poor Disney+. It only takes in $9B a year in subscription fees. How will it manage?

;)

That sounds nice for a number, but look how much it costs. ROIs matter.

And what a perfect number, that is about how much they owe Comcast. An entire year wasted and their biggest shows dropped subscription and viewership. Done-zo.

And next year, not likely to earn that back in a year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That sounds nice for a number, but look how much it costs. ROIs matter.

And what a perfect number, that is about how much they owe Comcast. An entire year wasted and their biggest shows dropped subscription and viewership. Done-zo.

And next year, not likely to earn that back in a year.
It's an asset purchase. They get something for what they purchase.

Once done, Disney gets 100% of Hulu's profit instead of 66%. It can then fold Hulu into D+ in the U.S. for greater synergy (get a higher asking subscription price). Getting earnings back on an investment is rarely recouped in just one year. People pay for solar paneling hoping to recoup energy costs over a decade.

And it disentangles themselves from Comcast's chicanery (pulling out their content from what was supposed to be a shared content streaming service).

celluloid

Disney will be officially cursed if the Meg 2 does better than all of the Disney produced summer movies.

I don't see that happening. I think The Meg ultimately dissapointed people and this one is just a fun B movie gore chomp fest.

I imagine it will do around 45-65 million if it really takes off.

I will be shocked if it topped Cocaine Bear.

It will be enough to knock HM down another peg though.

DKampy

T
I don't see that happening. I think The Meg ultimately dissapointed people and this one is just a fun B movie gore chomp fest.

i doubt the Meg 2 will be a gore fest it is still rated PG-13 despite what the trailers tell us

celluloid

T

i doubt the Meg 2 will be a gore fest it is still rated PG-13 despite what the trailers tell us

True. Not much gore as they will probably be quick chomps. Gore fest was a poor phrase on my part. I was thinking more body count when I typed it.

The rest of my post I stick by. It will not break 100 million domestically, or I will be very shocked.

Last edited:

DKampy

True. Not much gore as they will probably be quick chomps. Gore fest was a poor word on my part.

The rest of my post I stick by. It will not break 100 million domestically, or I will be very shocked.
Agreed… I don’t even know why they did a sequel… I thought the 1st petered out pretty quickly without much fanfare

mysto

Saw a trailer for HM before Barbie and I thought it looked great. I guess it doesn't matter to me if it makes money, I just care if it's worth my time.

Barbie was wonderful though, I'm going to be spoiled for years by that one. Asteroid City was great too and no one seems to have noticed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A reminder about D+

Bobs “plan” is to charge 3x what they currently do…with ads..and not lose subscribers

…because nobody can resist his IP

…oh and spend less on content too.

…I mean…it’s straight out of Stanford business school.

drizgirl

Never heard of The Meg. I'm not into gore at all. But I saw the preview in a theater last night and left thinking it might be fun to see. Looked like a satire of Jaws.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom