Haunted Mansion

They want to get their return as fast as possible. There’s no major benefit to waiting a year to put it on Disney+ when they could possibly be getting *some* streaming in the meantime. It’ll be just as big next October whether it’s brand new on the platform or not.

Unless it absolutely tanks in theaters and gets immediately sent to Disney+ like Encanto did (Which proved popular with families once it was very easily accessible, but probably won’t be repeated here), they want a healthy window between the film’s release and its arrival online. Opening in July gives them a couple months of buffer before it hits Disney+ at . . . I’d guess the end of September/early October.

They want enough time to try and discourage people from waiting who might otherwise see it in theaters, but also not SO much time that people forget it even existed. Disney+ (among other streamers) think they have a problem with dead media taking up space but getting no viewership. This will probably not be one of those, but waiting a year and letting people forget the thing exists - especially if the box office is soft - wouldn’t help.

They seem to think this is their best shot with Haunted Mansion.
I hope you're right about it being on Disney Plus in early October. I've planned my movie theme at the library where I work around it for the month of October...I'm going to be doing Disney Halloween movies that have appeal to adults as well as children. Haunted Mansion is going to be the last of them, but I'd scheduled it for 10/23...I can't bump it ahead a week because the meeting rooms where I show movies are going to be taken up with early voting. The other three are movies that are celebrating significant anniversaries this year...Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, and Something Wicked This Way Comes (which, for some God-unknown reason, isn't on Disney Plus so I'll need to get my hands on the DVD).

Anyway, no formal reviews yet after the premiere, but early reactions hint that it's good. The worst any of these reactions say is that the plot has a few flaws, but overall it's a fun and even genuinely touching movie with some great Easter eggs.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Nothing will beat the Muppets Haunted Mansion. I laugh every time the image of ride breaks down and he rolls his eyes as the spiel comes on about remaining seating lol

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
D23 is offering Gold Members a chance to screen Haunted Mansion at locations across the country on Tuesday, July 25.

Details, locations and times are listed below.

-----

Welcome, ghoulish fans, to Disney’s Haunted Mansion Advanced Screenings! D23 Gold Members are invited to join the 999 happy haunts and celebrate the chills and thrills of Haunted Mansion at this eerily awesome early screening!

D23 Gold Members across the country are offered the “chilling challenge” to join fellow fans and playful spirits to preview this movie before it opens in theaters nationwide.

This special screening experience will take place at the following nationwide locations. All screenings will take place on Tuesday, July 25, 2023.
  • Los Angeles, CA – AMC Century 15, 7:30 p.m. PT
  • New York, NY – AMC Empire 25, 7 p.m. ET
  • San Francisco, CA – AMC Kabuki 8, 7 p.m. PT
  • Chicago, IL – AMC River East 21, 7 p.m. CST
  • Philadelphia, PA – AMC Cherry Hill 24, 7 p.m. ET
  • Seattle, WA – AMC Pacific Place, 7 p.m. PT
  • Boston, MA – AMC Boston Commons 19, 7 p.m. ET
  • Atlanta, GA – Regal Atlantic Station 18, 7 p.m. ET
  • Phoenix, AZ – Harkins Theatres Scottsdale 101, 7 p.m. PT
  • Salt Lake City, UT – Megaplex Theatres – Jordan Commons, 7 p.m. MST
  • Orlando, FL – AMC Altamonte 18, 7 p.m. ET
  • Austin, TX – Regal Gateway 16, 7 p.m. CST
  • Raleigh, NC – Regal Brier Creek 14, 7 p.m. ET
Tickets and additional details can be found at the link below.

tcool123

D23 is offering Gold Members a chance to screen Haunted Mansion at locations across the country on Tuesday, July 25.

Details, locations and times are listed below.

-----

Welcome, ghoulish fans, to Disney’s Haunted Mansion Advanced Screenings! D23 Gold Members are invited to join the 999 happy haunts and celebrate the chills and thrills of Haunted Mansion at this eerily awesome early screening!

D23 Gold Members across the country are offered the “chilling challenge” to join fellow fans and playful spirits to preview this movie before it opens in theaters nationwide.

This special screening experience will take place at the following nationwide locations. All screenings will take place on Tuesday, July 25, 2023.
  • Los Angeles, CA – AMC Century 15, 7:30 p.m. PT
  • New York, NY – AMC Empire 25, 7 p.m. ET
  • San Francisco, CA – AMC Kabuki 8, 7 p.m. PT
  • Chicago, IL – AMC River East 21, 7 p.m. CST
  • Philadelphia, PA – AMC Cherry Hill 24, 7 p.m. ET
  • Seattle, WA – AMC Pacific Place, 7 p.m. PT
  • Boston, MA – AMC Boston Commons 19, 7 p.m. ET
  • Atlanta, GA – Regal Atlantic Station 18, 7 p.m. ET
  • Phoenix, AZ – Harkins Theatres Scottsdale 101, 7 p.m. PT
  • Salt Lake City, UT – Megaplex Theatres – Jordan Commons, 7 p.m. MST
  • Orlando, FL – AMC Altamonte 18, 7 p.m. ET
  • Austin, TX – Regal Gateway 16, 7 p.m. CST
  • Raleigh, NC – Regal Brier Creek 14, 7 p.m. ET
Tickets and additional details can be found at the link below.

Of course screen it at the AMC in Orlando thats not on Disney property cause that makes sense

Magenta Panther

I’m genuinely surprised you find the trailers dark in tone. They came across as very playful to me.

I just don't see the HM ghosts as particularly threatening, and they seem to be in the trailer. But, I admit, there's such a thing as too playful. At least this flick looks nothing like the Eddie Murphy version :depressed:

Phroobar

I just don't see the HM ghosts as particularly threatening, and they seem to be in the trailer. But, I admit, there's such a thing as too playful. At least this flick looks nothing like the Eddie Murphy version :depressed:
Radically different story line. This is probably what the Eddie Murphy version should have been. It still doesn't feel like it has enough story to turn make sequels.

mf1972

i recently saw some of the HM cast were dressed as HM cast members greeting disneyland guests entering the attraction. pretty cool. too bad florida couldn’t do that.

Phroobar

i recently saw some of the HM cast were dressed as HM cast members greeting disneyland guests entering the attraction. pretty cool. too bad florida couldn’t do that.
Wouldn't it be great if Owen Wilson dressed up as his character in the movie and just wonder around the Disneyland Haunted Mansion greeting guests on the ride. Johnny Depp used do that at POTC.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You won't see the actors doing promotion for HM in the parks or anywhere else now that the strike has begun. They're not allowed to make appearances promoting their movies.

TP2000

Walt didn't buy enough land to do stuff like that in Florida. They only have the room for it at Disneyland. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom