Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

Californian Elitist

By the way, I don’t understand the anti-Sinister 11 sentiment. I guess people on this board must not like April-December and Medusa, since both of those were turned into Sinister 11 paintings.
Mick and I don’t dislike the Sinister 11 portraits. We specifically dislike the portrait with the woman with a unibrow standing over the seated man with a po*n stache and are glad it’s not in our version.

George Lucas on a Bench

nxcsu6-b88559650z.120151105100059000g3pd094n.10.jpg

This lamp on the bottom right was replaced with another one. Not sure why, but this is a change no one is talking about.

TrojanUSC

I’m very curious, I had always heard the water table story. If the water table wasn’t a problem, why isn’t the WDW Stretching Room an elevator?

By the way, I don’t understand the anti-Sinister 11 sentiment. I guess people on this board must not like April-December and Medusa, since both of those were turned into Sinister 11 paintings.

The stretching room at DL is more than just a show, it's to get you under the train tracks and into the show building. Conversely, there was no such need to "descend" at WDW, as the show building is attached to the facade and no train tracks interfering.

Castle Cake Apologist

The lack of elevators in FL is pretty simple. There's no train tracks to get guests beyond, so why go through the expense of building the elevators, when the same show can be done with pulleys and ropes? WDW's HM enters, loads, and exits at the same level, but the stretch room scene (born out of necessity in CA) was too iconic to not include.

It has nothing to do with the water table, which wouldn't make a lot of sense in the first place, since the park itself is built on the 2nd floor of the complex. As it is, there are several elevators in the park, including up from the Utilidors. The water table thing is largely just one of those Disney urban legends.

George Lucas on a Bench

HM was too new and built roughly at the same time to consider the elongating wood-paneled room too iconic not to include. It seems more like they intended the HM at WDW to be almost the same as the DL version with the exception of some small additions and subtractions, had a different design for the house itself in mind than what was ultimately built, possibly including a height and width similar to the DL house with a colonial style (This makes a lot of sense, as it would be a lot simpler to just repeat the schematics for the MK rather than start from scratch), then realized either due to redesign of the outside for a stylistic change or indeed because they decided they didn't need to have the lifts and could do it a different way, the house ended up the way it is.

DavidDL

Haunted Mansion was rough today. Like, it was in really bad shape. The Boundless Realm was unsightly levels of bright. I walked straight in so not much time to adjust to the dark and all the blank, (glue covered?) walls were super visible to the naked eye. Additionally, Madame Leota’s face was missing entirely (no projection at all) and the audio both in the doombuggy and around us was fading in and out.

Super disappointing, especially considering it just came back up from an extended refurb. :(

DrAlice

Haunted Mansion was rough today. Like, it was in really bad shape. The Boundless Realm was unsightly levels of bright. I walked straight in so not much time to adjust to the dark and all the blank, (glue covered?) walls were super visible to the naked eye. Additionally, Madame Leota’s face was missing entirely (no projection at all) and the audio both in the doombuggy and around us was fading in and out.

Super disappointing, especially considering it just came back up from an extended refurb. :(
Wow. That's disappointing. I thought it looked great when we were there at the start of the month. I wonder what happened.

Old Mouseketeer

I rode it a couple of weeks ago and I LOVED the expanded wheelchair boarding area with the decorative screen. The April/December painting looked good, but it was in an odd place. I don't miss the giant urns with the uplights on the right side approaching the load belt.

SplashGhost

Well, I guess I am going to have to pay the price of a multiday ticket in the next month since it is unlikely that memberships will start by then. I hate HMH, and I know the Mansion will be in drastically worse shape after the overlay is removed, as the overlay does so much damage and makes maintenance far worse on the Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom