Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

lazyboy97o

It is different from your standard office elevator, since most offices don't have posted wait times or secondary experiences at the end of those elevators. Admittedly it is a bit of a grey area. Disney could probably resolve this by making all guests use the stairs, except those requiring the elevator and eliminate the wait time there.

Of course they can also claim that the HM predates the ADA and should he grandfathered in, but why not make everyone use the elevator to be fair?
There are attractions where the queue has stairs and those who cannot take them are diverted to an elevator. If there is a long enough queue for the elevator those taking it end up with a longer wait. Or attractions where there are a limited number of accessible vehicles that can result in an additional wait.

NobodyElse

Yes. It is a problem. It is just as lazy and detrimental to the experience as it is when guests are forced to skip the Rey Projection room and Shuttle portion of Rise of the Resistance and are forced to go through the "chicken exit" to enter the Star Destroyer . Stepping into the actual facade and going into the Stretching Room is vital to the whole experience.
Sigh. Maybe re-read what I wrote. Slowly. Or don't.

In my scenario (and I presume IRL) nobody is being forced to enter through the chicken exit. It appears to be a very sporadic option, offered to some.

Again, for the record (since my implication above wasn't clear) I believe the stretching room is an integral part of the attraction. We don't disagree here. (That being said, if presented with the chicken exit option I might take advantage of it once, just to experience a small part of my unexplored Disneyland.)

Let's try the hypothetical situation once again. You're average guest in the long, slow-moving line. As much as you love all things Mansion, the switchbacks get a little boring, and you glance down at your phone for a bit. When you look up, you seem to remember 4 or 8 or even 12 people being further up in line, but they don't seem to be there any more. All you know is that the guests in front of you have began to shuffle on up the path, and you eagerly follow. You get up to the doors, perhaps look at the time and think to yourself "Hey, that seemed to go more quickly than I anticipated!".

How does this negatively affect YOU?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Sigh. Maybe re-read what I wrote. Slowly. Or don't.

In my scenario (and I presume IRL) nobody is being forced to enter through the chicken exit. It appears to be a very sporadic option, offered to some.

Again, for the record (since my implication above wasn't clear) I believe the stretching room is an integral part of the attraction. We don't disagree here. (That being said, if presented with the chicken exit option I might take advantage of it once, just to experience a small part of my unexplored Disneyland.)

Let's try the hypothetical situation once again. You're average guest in the long, slow-moving line. As much as you love all things Mansion, the switchbacks get a little boring, and you glance down at your phone for a bit. When you look up, you seem to remember 4 or 8 or even 12 people being further up in line, but they don't seem to be there any more. All you know is that the guests in front of you have began to shuffle on up the path, and you eagerly follow. You get up to the doors, perhaps look at the time and think to yourself "Hey, that seemed to go more quickly than I anticipated!".

How does this negatively affect YOU?
Because I don't want it offered to anyone.

Disney Analyst

Because I don't want it offered to anyone.

Spoiler alert - we are still in a pandemic, which results in HM not running at the capacity it should, due to the stretching rooms.

So in this case, Disney is right to do this as needed. I can almost guarantee without a doubt this will not become the norm, and will be a temporary measure until they can fill the stretching rooms as they once did.

Take a deep breath, it will be okay, you can still experience the full show.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Spoiler alert - we are still in a pandemic, which results in HM not running at the capacity it should, due to the stretching rooms.

So in this case, Disney is right to do this as needed. I can almost guarantee without a doubt this will not become the norm, and will be a temporary measure until they can fill the stretching rooms as they once did.

Take a deep breath, it will be okay, you can still experience the full show.
Don't care. They already have a socially distanced Stretching Room. Everyone should ride it.

DavidDL

I’ll wait 45 minutes for the stretching room. The rest of the wait times are low enough, anyways. Mansion is one of those attractions I feel is a pleasure to wait in line for. Especially during HMH at night. It’s been over a year, I’m fine with the wait.

...besides, the side entrance will just give me PTSD to my days as a CM there.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I’ll wait 45 minutes for the stretching room. The rest of the wait times are low enough, anyways. Mansion is one of those attractions I feel is a pleasure to wait in line for. Especially during HMH at night. It’s been over a year, I’m fine with the wait.

1619839603028.png

NobodyElse

And if a few people here and there choose to take the short-cut, you'll get to the stretching room that much more quickly.

DavidDL

And if a few people here and there choose to take the short-cut, you'll get to the stretching room that much more quickly.

Absolutely. I won’t knock anyone’s personal choice to take the 5 minute entrance. I get the appeal of waiting less in line. But I personally can’t imagine waiting all this time to return to the Mansion only to miss such an integral part of the experience. But that’s just me. You’re right, the more folks who go that way, the less of a wait for me! But hopefully no first timers, because they’d really be missing out. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom