Haunted Mansion stretching room has lost it's effect.

ChrisH9339

HM Rehab

I'm not as up on my California info as I should be... what exactly is Haunted Mansion holiday?

I love the ride at WDW, but I agree it could use a little rehab. I've been on it about 20 times this year, didn't know anything out of the ordinary in the stretching rooms. I did notice that they took the worn gargoyle head off the last post in the queue before you get on the ride. What I'd love to see is the addition of Phantom Manor's music on this ride. I loved the ride in Paris even more, and while some of the things cannot be added due to space constraints, the music for that ride was exceptional compared to what WDWs is now. I'm sure the traditionalists won't be crazy about it, but it would make the ride more dramatic. Perhaps I'll bring a CD player/headphones and play the PM music while I ride WDWs :D

Re: HM Rehab

Originally posted by ChrisH9339
I'm not as up on my California info as I should be... what exactly is Haunted Mansion holiday?

Haunted Mansion Holiday begins in October, I believe. Disney shuts down the ride for a couple of weeks and totaly changes it. They change the Mansion theme to 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. The story is that Jack Skellington came to the mansion and made it all Christmas-y...Holloween style. Just like the movie. They totaly change the soundtrack and most of the 'happy haunts' are different. It, in my opinion, is an amazing change and a great ride! One of those rides you get off of and jump right back in line to see it again. Fans of the Haunted Mansion and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' will notice a lot of visual and musical jokes/references to HM and TNBC. It's wonderful! Plus it keeps the Mansion in tip top shape, like I said before, because it's going through a yearly rehab! Very impressive! This holiday season, ChrisH9339, you need to find your way to Disneyland so you can experience this amazing ride! You'll love it!

PeterAlt

Re: Re: HM Rehab

Originally posted by Disneydewald
Haunted Mansion Holiday begins in October, I believe. Disney shuts down the ride for a couple of weeks and totaly changes it. They change the Mansion theme to 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. The story is that Jack Skellington came to the mansion and made it all Christmas-y...Holloween style. Just like the movie. They totaly change the soundtrack and most of the 'happy haunts' are different. It, in my opinion, is an amazing change and a great ride! One of those rides you get off of and jump right back in line to see it again. Fans of the Haunted Mansion and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' will notice a lot of visual and musical jokes/references to HM and TNBC. It's wonderful! Plus it keeps the Mansion in tip top shape, like I said before, because it's going through a yearly rehab! Very impressive! This holiday season, ChrisH9339, you need to find your way to Disneyland so you can experience this amazing ride! You'll love it!

And go over to disneylandsource.com, download the soundtrack (along with the sound tracks for the original Haunted Mansion, and all the other Disneyland rides, especially PotC and Space Mountain), burn it on a CD, and play it a few hundred times, like I did!

Wow! You won't regret it!

Horizons1

Re: HM Rehab

Originally posted by ChrisH9339
What I'd love to see is the addition of Phantom Manor's music on this ride. I loved the ride in Paris even more, and while some of the things cannot be added due to space constraints, the music for that ride was exceptional compared to what WDWs is now. I'm sure the traditionalists won't be crazy about it, but it would make the ride more dramatic. Perhaps I'll bring a CD player/headphones and play the PM music while I ride WDWs :D
Ya know its funny you should mention Phantom Manors soundtrack because last as i was exiting the MK they were playing it.The whole soundtrack without the sound effects.I stopped dead (no pun intended) in my tracks and was like whoa,thats Phantom Manor.Does anyone know why they would play that at WDW? Oh and sorry to thread drift.

disneyman23

yeah its not being critical of disney just stating the facts that many of the classic rides need serious refurbs and they need them soon. im happy to hear SW is getting a much needed refurb with new boats and all, that will help that ride regain some freshness that it has lost. the same goes for HM and POTC, they both could really use face lifts--dont change the ride, im not saying that cause people would be furious if they changed them, just update them a bit-maybe with POTC they could try to get rid of the musty smell that has developed because of it being a water ride and not seeing proper care for many many years

DDuckFan130

Reading these posts something about HM came to my mind. Is it just me or does anyone think the lines leading up to the doom buggies are really tight? Everytime we get out of the stretching room our party always ends up split up because the lines are too narrow and tight and some anxious people always manage to push their way in between our party. We always have to stand at the end of the first turn or whatever you want to call it and let people through until the rest of our party catches up. Of course that's not a problem but it never fails that when we go on HM and get to those lines it becomes a mission to keep everyone together. Oh well, hope this makes sense.

disneyman23

yeah i totally agree, that part of the ride it def a problem that needs to be worked on a bit. besides the fact that it is very dark, which dont get me wrong i like because it helps the atmosphere, but that area that you are corraled into like cattle is so tight and the corner you need to turn comes fast that you cant see where you are going and you almost always get seperated from your party because there are without fail a bunch of kids that push their way forward to get on the ride as fast as possible and nudge their way around the corner cutting you off. with kids i think it can really be a problem because it is so dark and there are so many people and the line is so tight that they can get lost and mixed into the crowd very easily, and in that atmosphere it can be very scary for younger kids. def something i wish they would change, at least enough to help the crowds file into the rest of the ride in a better more censible fashion

hopefully that made sense

Dayma

just update them a bit-maybe with POTC they could try to get rid of the musty smell that has developed because of it being a water ride and not seeing proper care for many many years

You know I actually love that smell. I feel so comfortable when I smell that! I am being serious :)

pan11435

Ya know its funny you should mention Phantom Manors soundtrack because last as i was exiting the MK they were playing it.The whole soundtrack without the sound effects.I stopped dead (no pun intended) in my tracks and was like whoa,thats Phantom Manor.Does anyone know why they would play that at WDW? Oh and sorry to thread drift

No reason, just Disney. If you listen closely you can sometimes here the Tokyo DisneySea theme song playing without the words in the Innoventions Breezeways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom