Haunted Mansion Refurb.

IcicleM

(beachclubbasics here again on my son's account)

Are they going to refurb Space Mountain to be more like it's DLP counterpart? I used to work for RCA when they sponsored Space Moutnain and got to do a behind the scenes tour when I was at WDW on my honeymoon many many many years ago....it's amazing to see what the Imagineers cover up just by turning the lights low. You'd never guess what that ride looked like with the lights on when you ride it fully operational.

I'm guessing it looks pretty dilapidated, huh? Heh, I know that some pictures were posted with the lights on, but I didn't want to look so I didn't ruin it for myself. But yeah, Disneyland's was really bad until they did the full overhaul, and I would LOVE to see WDW's done the same way or similarly. If they did a completely DIFFERENT rendition, I wouldn't mind that, either, but it's just so... "blech" in its state right now.

And as for Haunted Mansion, I'm sure it would definitely be open by Halloween and the party, because I think they want to sort of celebrate a "rebirth" of the Haunted Mansion when Halloween comes around, and it would draw an even BIGGER crowd because people will want to see all the changes. Their goal would probably be August/September time period if they close it for most of the summer.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've seen Space Mountain with the work lights on...now I want to see Haunted Mansion with the work lights on .

Anybody got any pictures?

iheartdisney91

Yep. If nobody posts any, I'll put some in my album.

omg! please please post them!!! everyone wil love you on this forum if you do! oh sry. i got to excited lol. please post!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :wave:

omg wait... i dont think i can see your album.... (ok calm down)LOL

Mansion Butler

ok let me get this straight so the HM will close in summer... will it be open in november? and what about the HM gift shop is it actually happening?:veryconfu

Official dates of refurb often aren't official until the day the ride is closed. But I would seriously doubt it's down in November. Although I could see being down day-to-day for smaller concerns they didn't fix up before MNSSHP.

Mansion Butler

I'm still waying for why closing it for part of the summer and fall is more stupid than closing it for Easter, Spring Break, New Years, Christmas and Halloween. Or is that opinion just based on not really knowing the way things work?

ToTBellHop

I'm still waying for why closing it for part of the summer and fall is more stupid than closing it for Easter, Spring Break, New Years, Christmas and Halloween. Or is that opinion just based on not really knowing the way things work?
It's very easy to think that closing a ride during one's vacation is dumb. It should therefore come as no surprise that the person who said it was dumb for the HM to close this summer has a vacation planned for 6/21/07-7/1/07...someone's bitter.

Mansion Butler

It's very easy to think that closing a ride during one's vacation is dumb. It should therefore come as no surprise that the person who said it was dumb for the HM to close this summer has a vacation planned for 6/21/07-7/1/07...someone's bitter.

I think it's wrong to close rides during people's vacations. It's also wrong to let rides fall apart.

Man Disney's unreasonable.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Official dates of refurb often aren't official until the day the ride is closed. But I would seriously doubt it's down in November. Although I could see being down day-to-day for smaller concerns they didn't fix up before MNSSHP.
Ideally there's a plan to have it open again by October - give or take a week.

Mansion Butler

Ideally there's a plan to have it open again by October - give or take a week.

Yeah, it makes complete sense. The absolute best time for the Mansion to be closed is from late summer until Halloween. October and September are dead, and the late summer is far friendlier than the Holiday weeks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is another case of the entitlement issue that so many visitors to WDW suffer from.

It's not good enough that they are at WDW, but everything has to be open for them. If anything is not up to their expectations, then they feel they have an issue! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom