haunted mansion? please dont do this

Security Boy

Mansion

The Haunted Mansion was changed at Disneyland. I think the Night mare before Christmas sucks, the charactors are ugly and Tim Burton is not Disney and very sick in the head. On the brighter side, its only a few added figures I heard. (I have not been on it since they were working on it).

NowInc

Re: Mansion

Originally posted by Security Boy
The Haunted Mansion was changed at Disneyland. I think the Night mare before Christmas sucks, the charactors are ugly and Tim Burton is not Disney and very sick in the head. On the brighter side, its only a few added figures I heard. (I have not been on it since they were working on it).

woah woah woaaaaaah....hold on a sec..

First off..Tim Burton WAS in fact Disney (do reserach and you'll see)...Nightmare Before Christmas is NOT a twister movie..the characrters and story are SUPPOSED to be dark and gloomy..they are afterall in Holloween town. I personally think of Tim Burton as a very talented film maker and story writer. And from what I have been hearing....more people LIKE the temporary addition of the Characters to the HM...and they will most likley do it again...either in Disneyland again..or hopefully in the Magic Kingdom.

Yes...i understand that what you said is merely your opinion..but it was unecessarily (spelling?) negative and in MY opinion very immature to word it in such a way.

ToTBellHop

I thought Nightmare was a great movie...very "disney". It had great music, a kewl villain, a hero we all liked w/ a kewl dog! It definitely had Tim Burton's style through and through (we all know he LOVES scarecrows...). I thought he and disney made a good match, but I won't argue that it was weird...it was. But, disney is at its best when it is making something original. I'm in the dichotomy that supports a temporary change of the Haunted Mansion at the Magic Kingdom, although I think it should be longer than a few months...perhaps a year so that more people could see it, and then a switchback with new audio systems, etc.
Kyle

Lost Boy

But the whole idea behind this Holiday Makeover is that Halloween and Christmas collide, just like the movie. So it only should run between the Halloween season (October) and the Christmas Season (December). It will in fact run until January 6th 2002. That is fine becasue I am sure with the sucess we have had this year, it will return next year, if Mgt. doesn't screw it up and not take care of things that are already causing problems. Sad that Mangement doesn't have a handle on reality.

ToTBellHop

my problem with that is many people do not visit b/t September and early January...basically you have the christmas crowd and not very many others as it's pretty empty this time of year. I don't think that would be worth the money required to change the ride. If people like the ride, and I think we've established that the average person likes the change, I'm thinking they will keep it longer. I don't know how they work Disneyland, but w/ WDW, they seem to do this. Take MSEP...it was only supposed to be here for a year, but people liked it, so they kept it for two. And take the sign over Spaceship Earth...it was not meant to be permanent, but now, it seems it is. I, for one, thought Millennium Village was pretty poorly done, and it seems many agreed. That's why it's gone. Disney tries to suck the most money out of "temporary" things, so it extends them. They didn't do this for the Millennium Celebration, but remember when they extended the 25th Celebration for an extra month? Same thing.

Kyle :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Casey1122

It can't happen

The Haunted Mansion has been a part of me ever since I was a kid and is always the first attraction I experience every year when we visit WDW. Not a day goes by when I don't think about how I've grown up on that attraction and not a day passes where I don't look forward to the next time I can experience the 999 grim-grinning ghosts of Master Gracey's Mansion. To change this attraction would unleash a backlash of protests and many like myself would not visit WDW unless the Haunted Mansion were in its original form the way we remember it has always been. To change one of the most loved, popular attractions in the history of Disney would be the WORST idea Disney has ever come up with.

Chernabog

I repeat, for all those who, like myself, love the haunted mansion and don't want it to be permanatly changed would you mind a temporary holiday change like was done at disneyland? Only temporary for the holidays and the changing everthing back to the original.

The Mom

Premium Member
Just a short reply to DogsRule:
I share your fear that a temporary change may become permanent, but let's see what happens at DL before we object too strongly! I go to WDW fairly frequently, and wouldn't mind a temporary change from time to time. Some people loved the birthday cake castle;I wasn't one of them, but it was designed to be temporary, so didn't upset me.

Also, every Fall more and more people are coming to WDW (except for recently.) I am finding it harder and harder to schedule a "slow" weekend trip! It may be uncrowded during the week, but weekends are very full! If there were a major, seasonal, change, more "frequent" fliers might show up to see it.

NowInc

Something like that could ONLY be temporary....kinda like how they do for EVERY holiday...things get changed..and then removed...I personally love the idea...and wish they did things like this in WDW more often...us "locals" (which believe it or not are the majority of visitors..especially now a days) would appreciate the variety.

ToTBellHop

I have seen the videos and pictures of the new Haunted Mansion Holiday and I love it! As far as I've heard, most people love it, and I think it's a little radical NOT to go to disney world if they temporarily change it like this. They did a nice job at disneyland. I do, however, think it should be a year-long change...woulda made sense to me for Disneyland to do that all through their 45th anniversary celebration last year...

castmember

Clarification

Just to clarify - The Nightmare Before Christmas Concept is an overlay that has been applied to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The ride overlay has Jack Skelington taking over the mansion and getting it ready for Christmas and features tons of new gags and effects. So far, the overlay has proven very popular at Disneyland increasing the Mansion's regular wait time to 45 minutes or more. The original plan has been extended and at the end of the year, the mansion will undergo a rehab and revert to its normal self. For more information, visit disneyland.com

Chernabog

I know it's been mentioned once or twice, especially by myself, but does anyone know if there are any plans to do something like this at Disneyworld since it's such a huge success in Cal?

dianedisney

Will try to get answers

I am flying down to Disneyland tomorrow for the weekend and I am looking forward to the Haunted Mansion makeover. I have heard right after the first of the year it will be going down for a rehab and return to its unnatural self, since Nightmare Before Christmas is a seasonal movie the makeover is seasonal. But while I am there I will be a for-sure answer for all. Have a Disney Day!!!

Cindylou

I for one am looking forward to seeing the change when I go to DL in 2 weeks. I love Nightmare and think it will be cool to see this incorporated into the Haunted Mansion. I have heard it is only until January though, so don't sweat it. Just be glad the attraction is still around, not like COP.

Panchito

If you haven't had the chance to see the Mansion with the Nightmare overlay, you are really missing out. The Mansion is only being changed from Oct. through Jan. for the holiday season. (Same as Small World) The Mansion is a whole need ride and doesn't even look the same, with the exception of a cameo by the Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Cindylou

As I said, we are leaving in two weeks. I am very anxious. It has been about 4 years since I was last at DL. We normally go to WDW. I am making it a point to see the Haunted Mansion.

By the way, do you know what the crowds are like around the 19th, 20th and 21st. Will there be long lines at DL. I have never been there around Christmas. Anything else you care to tell about this time of year would be appreciated. Such as temps, rainfall, etc. Remember I am coming from MN, so 50 to 60 might be cold to you, but it is fine for us. Thanks much.

dianedisney

Vacation Questions

cindylou...I just returned December 2nd. The temps during the day were 50-60 a long sleeve tee was just fine. At night it got alot cooler I suggest taking a sweatshirt or jacket to put on later in the day. It didn't rain on us. Everyone said that rain was in the forcast but Walt and God must have an agreement cuz the last two times I have been down there they predict rain and it does all around but not at Disneyland. For the past 3 years running the park has closed to capacity on Christmas Day. With the "Fall Getaway" specials going on it will be pretty busy. It was when I was there. Just utilize your "fastpass" and you should do just fine. Don't miss the Christmas parade it was GREAT!!:sohappy: Try to get space at the top of the stairs in front of the Train Station it is the best over-view. Have a great time....Have a Disney Day!!

Cindylou

Thanks for the information. Sounds like my kind of weather. I get so warm running from ride to ride. Thanks also for the heads up on where to stand for the parade. And I will have a very merry Disney Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom