haunted mansion? please dont do this

ghosthost

I doubt this would ever happen, the nightmare before christmas wasn't that big of a movie, second of all it really wasn't a disney thing outside of it being released by touchstone.

NowInc

Originally posted by ghosthost
I doubt this would ever happen, the nightmare before christmas wasn't that big of a movie, second of all it really wasn't a disney thing outside of it being released by touchstone.

Uhh...they did it in California...so they could very WELL go ahead and do it in Florida.

monorail256

ugh.. i even though i dont want this to happen... have any of you ever read the posts on the foums about this!?!? they are always the same! there is nothing to worry about... i bet you any deal of money your stay at disney world will not be dramaticly affected by this..

dianedisney

It is NOT forever!

I was just at Disneyland saw the re-vised Haunted Mansion and they said it will be coming down after the first of the year it is already scheduled for refurbishment then. By the way it was:sohappy: fabulous!!!! Especially at night, they did a GREAT
job for the season. Have a Disney Day!!

VashtheStampede

If your against it, you must not have a grip on what Disney is doing to HM. It's a good thing all around! I really hope they do it here at WDW next christmas......please....please....please....

Oh and -Ghosthost- NBC was a HUGE success. It currently has a huge fan following. Toys are still made in Japan (and sell out very quickly). It's a modern Christmas/halloween classic! Disney still uses most of the excellent music in its commmericals and as atmosphere music in their parks. So yes it was a very successful movie that many people still enjoy to this day!

ShanenLuvsDsny

WOW! This thread got alot of posts! Well, I like the change JUST for the holiday season, but deffinately would be SERIOUSLY unhappy if they decided to change Haunted Mansion for good, either at Disneyland or WDW. Of course it's a classic, and should never be changed.Ok, just had to put my opinion on this one too!:D :animwink:

NowInc

Originally posted by ShanenLuvsDsny
WOW! This thread got alot of posts! Well, I like the change JUST for the holiday season, but deffinately would be SERIOUSLY unhappy if they decided to change Haunted Mansion for good, either at Disneyland or WDW. Of course it's a classic, and should never be changed.Ok, just had to put my opinion on this one too!:D :animwink:

Well..They would definatly not make it a perminant change mostly due to the fact that a Holloween/Christmas ride would really make NO sence in july.....not to mention the change really wouldn't fit in liberty square (Visually), but near a few holloween/christams decorations...it would blend right in...

Disneylove

NBC HM Redo

It's actually a really cool redo for the holidays... (I'm a DL local)... kind of like the Small World annual redo. It's nice to have something different for the holidays so you don't get bored with the same thing year round (I know, I know, sacrilege! for avid HM devotees)... but it was really well done, and they made changes to every single room in the mansion from the stretching room to the graveyard to the attic to the ballroom. It's neat because you have to go on it multiple times to see what's new and all the details, and you also have to look for the elements that were from the original HM (like the hitchhikers - they're there!) hidden in the holiday version.

And for kids who are frightened of the original HM, the NBC version is much more lighthearted and not quite as scary for them. It'll be back to it's normal state after the new year but I think it's really cool to have something other than SW go under a holiday theme...

Just my $0.02!:)

ShanenLuvsDsny

Originally posted by Chernabog
hey Shanen, I love your little monorail thing at the end of your post. It's pretty fun to watch. :lol:
Thanks Chernabog! Me too. It can be pretty mezmerizing, huh?! I sometimes find myself just staring at it for hours upon hours.LOL (j/k) :animwink: :lol:
kinda like this little guy--->:lookaroun
:D

Cindylou

Sorry,
I was referring to the monorail going through her posts. I belong to another group where someone has s princess that comes up.

NowInc

Originally posted by Cindylou
Sorry,
I was referring to the monorail going through her posts. I belong to another group where someone has s princess that comes up.

Oh..its her signature..shes using an image she found on the net somewhere..you can ask on how to do this on the Forum Help section...

Captain Hank

Holy thread bump, Batman!

Ummmm...this thread was created two years before I joined WDWMagic. Anyway, I'm actually in favor of HMH coming to WDW. It looks like it's really well done and is a nice freshening up of the attraction (and, hopefully, with accompanying audio upgrade!) There's a rumor every year that it's coming to WDW, but thus far it isn't looking good. There was a second version of HMH created, but that one went to TDL.

Wow!!! I think it's Hilarious when old threads from like 4 years ago pop back up again.

Anywho. I think this is a good thinkg b/c if u think about it... DL HM gets cleaned up and dusted every year

How long between florida's clean ups???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom