Haunted Mansion having serious problems 12/6 and 12/8

Fantasmic!329

I have always thought it would be really cool to see HM with the lights on.
The only thing I can remember being evaced off was Jurassic Park at Universal. We got stuck right under the shaking cage, right before the hill (thanks goodness)
I've only been evaced from Maelstrom.
We weren't too far into the ride -- just on the lift hill with the troll guy talking about Norway.

diddy_mouse

When we rode HM we got stuck three times, once was only very briefly. Yeah, getting stuck in the seance room wasn't too fun. But it did give me more time to notice that Madame Leota was just a little out-of-sync. We also got stuck right before the Bride but that was pretty cool because we could see the changing pictures and really look around the attic.

Yesterday the mansion was closed due to technical difficulties. Not sure if ever re-opened or not. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know WDI were in regularly during the 3rd shift in October; in our first couple of rides Leotta, Constance and the busts were all noticably out of sync; by mid October they were perfect.

An ongoing issue perhaps? Or has the rehab put the chills up DACS? :D

Sir Hiss527

I just rode it last night..twice! And both times it was working perfectly. All I can say is, they truly did a great job rehabbing it, and I absoultley loved the new scenes (especially the staircases) I kind of do miss the gazing portraits. I love the new wallpaper, sound effects, and new lighting in the stretching rooms. I really didn't care too much for the bride holagram. Her face is looking to the side, while the AA's body is facing straight on, making it look unproportional. But I did have one question...When you are going backwards in the tunnel, did they expand the walls, and push those back a little? I noticed that, and they just seemed farther away than normal.

I would also love to see this video of HM with the lights on!

Rob562

I kind of do miss the gazing portraits. I love the new wallpaper, sound effects, and new lighting in the stretching rooms

Did you notice those portraits had been relocated to the loading area? Some are along the left-hand wall as you come out of the stretching room, and some are on the far side of the track. I think there's only one of the original 11 that didn't get relocated because it's too similar to one of the new changing portraits. Though the moving-eye effect isn't really noticable in their current location/configuration/lighting.

audio was making loud beeps today

Yeah, I noticed that a couple times in the stretching room. One time, there was a soft beep just before the Ghost Host's first line in the stretching room. It almost sounded like someone's cell phone. The other time came as we were exiting, just before the gargoyles start whispering. There was a bone-jarringly loud beep that made us jump. The CM explained it away that someone had touched the walls, but I knew it was a glitch in the audio system.
Seems like the new digital audio system in there needs a little bit of tweaking...

-Rob

dsnyfreak

we were on splash mountain once and we had to be evacuated. our log was about 6 or 7 logs back from the unloading area. the cms came around to evacuate the boats in the front and back of us but we were the unlucky (or lucky) log group. the cms actually had to tie a rope to the rabbit on the front of the log and pull us close enough to the side to get out. the guests in the other logs wallked out the regular exit but the 6 of us on our log got a backstage view of all the water workings, including a HUGE water tank, I'm assuming its run off which is filtered through and reused through the ride. I wonder if this is the kinds of things you see on the backstage tours?:sohappy:

LSonDubz

I was there on the 16th, and the ride had shut down for about an hr.. then while riding it stopped for about 5-10 mins. Great nontheless!

TOTGuy

I've never been evaced of a ride but I do have some interesting experiences. I was waiting for Test Track and it E-stopped. When that ride stops it literally STOPS. That's often times why you smell burning rubber following an e-stop there. I was on Dinosaur in August and we were going around a tree near the end, right before your picture is taken and we stopped. It went silent and then the lights popped on. It spieled for about 5 minutes and some Maint. people came and poked around at the control panel on the EMV in front of us. Finally the ride restarted. It's strange because it says. "Please grasp the handrail firmly as you will feel a slight jolt." Then we literally get bounced into the air as the hydraulics come back on. Then the ride resumed. We were allowed to ride again and it stopped at the loss of traction part for another 5 minutes. Then it started again and stopped at the same place we stopped the first time!. Finally we get back to the station and they are 10-700ing (removing from the track) the EMV that was causing the problems. It was cool to see the attraction with it's lights on. It shows you that there really isn't much there except dusty fake plants. Still really cool.

RonAnnArbor

During my visit to WDW from the 15th - 20th HM didn't have any serious down time that I could see -- it did slow down and stop on every single one of my 4 or 5 rides on it during the course of the week but was up and moving again within a minute.

This was 100% attributable to loading disabled riders on and off as the exit time in particular is not long enough for wheelchair riders. Those of us that are noticing this more now than in years past just need to get used to the fact that more disabled visitors than ever are visiting the parks, and hence ALL of the attractions where you have tricky enter/exit situations have the same stop and go. It's just something you have to get used to and there is nothing there for them to correct or fix.

The big clanging noise IS still there on HM -- just as you leave the hallway and are about to go into the loop in Madame Leota's sceance room there is a loud clang under the doombuggy as each one passes by -- probably a chain/drive changeover problem right there, but nothing that disrupts the ride.

I loved the refurb, especially the 3D Esher-like staircase optical illusion; and the soundrack was clear and crisp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom