Haunted Mansion details begin to emerge

KevinPage

Hello my name is Head Muose. I am the self proclumed Curator of Wilter Diesny World. (I was also the reel brains behind the D-Truops operation).

Besides spiders, I am against remuving trans fats and fattening foods frum menus. Walt grew up on this and he wes healthy hes hole life. And those foods are classics. People clogged there arteries and develuped diabtes and loved going to the park.

Don't even get mestarted on those disabley people. The parks were built without handicup ramps and torevamp queues for those poople is rediculuscious

P.S I've alsobeen toldby my doctours that I needto limut my sugah intake. I an write, you are rong, deal wit it

DisneyNut2007

I'm sorry I simply can't resist :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :

Hello my name is Head Muose. I am the self proclumed Curator of Wilter Diesny World. I was also the reel brains behind the D-Truops operation.

I've alsobeen toldby my doctours that I needto limut my sugah intake.

P.S. I an write, you are rong, deal wit it

To add to the above quote...

And I'm also the reel brains behind MiceAge and Jim Hill Meeedia, for I am the boss of Al Lutz, Kevin Yee dna Jim Hill, all of whom I order to criticize Disney and saiy nothing but bad things aboot them all the time.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

KevinPage

To add to the above quote...

And I'm also the real brains behind MiceAge and Jim Hill Media, for I am the boss of Al Lutz, Kevin Yee and Jim Hill, all of whom I order to criticize Disney and say nothing but bad things about them all the time.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Speaking of which, I'm waiting for Al Lutz to throw a hissy fit on anyone on the planet even suggesting that WDW's HM turns out better than DL's.

I'm expecting to him to say something like: "looks like the clueless Floridians just don't get how to make a proper attraction these days. Apparently the high water table has seeped it's chlorine into WDW management brains and they have gone the "cheapo" route on HM. The simple fact that John Lassetter hates and despises WDW with an utter stinkin passion means the whole resort is a waste and no better than it's heated rival down the street, "Old Town". Hit the payboxes you wealthy Californians, stay away you poor Florida trash.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

head mouse

Hello. I am a stupid drone that thinks it's funny to keep trying to stir things up. I don't know how to let issues drop when they have been dropped. I have to make myself seem big and bad by trying to flame and bash on someone that has called a truce and let bygones be bygones. I try to be funny bu attempting to say that another member misspelled words however I am too stupid to actually run a spell check myself and see that NONE of the words were misspelled. I really need to look at myself and see what a brainless twit I am being. God I wish I had not been dropped on my head so much as a child.

I must join in because I am a mindless troll that can't think for myself. I must try and follow to so-called cool kids. They are my true leaders. It's so cool to be a toady.

:wave:

BoyXE

Amazing picture...and my take on the updates is that I'm glad that they are improving upon the DL versions. The bride was cool, but you can totally see the strings making Leota float...it's neat that they can have the camera follow it and all, but if they can make it ACTUALLY look like she's floating, all the better! I remember thinking it was creepier when she was on the ground because now you just stare at the big fishing line attached to the ball instead of focusing on the scene.

BoyXE

Speaking of which, I'm waiting for Al Lutz to throw a hissy fit on anyone on the planet even suggesting that WDW's HM turns out better than DL's.

I'm expecting to him to say something like: "looks like the clueless Floridians just don't get how to make a proper attraction these days. Apparently the high water table has seeped it's chlorine into WDW management brains and they have gone the "cheapo" route on HM. The simple fact that John Lassetter hates and despises WDW with an utter stinkin passion means the whole resort is a waste and no better than it's heated rival down the street, "Old Town". Hit the payboxes you wealthy Californians, stay away you poor Florida trash.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Al? Al is that really you? I had no idea you were secretly trolling these forums... ;)

Nicole220

Amazing picture...and my take on the updates is that I'm glad that they are improving upon the DL versions. The bride was cool, but you can totally see the strings making Leota float...it's neat that they can have the camera follow it and all, but if they can make it ACTUALLY look like she's floating, all the better! I remember thinking it was creepier when she was on the ground because now you just stare at the big fishing line attached to the ball instead of focusing on the scene.
I never see the strings, unless you squint really hard when the light hits it. I assume most people don't do that...

Other than that, it's an amazing effect! I can't wait to see the improved version!

I must admit, while I'm very happy this Haunted Mansion is getting a lot of attention and improved effects, I can't help but feel a tad jealous that DL isn't getting them:lookaroun

EpcotServo

Oh man! I missed the "Restarted goof"! Why didn't anyone tell me there was craziness in this thread?

:lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

I'm sorry, I can't get over "Restarted goof!". Give me a second.

:lol:

Ok, I'm done. On topic once more, that's a great picture! Nice findin' Merf. I too care about the mirrors! Mirror gags are great. I can't wait to see the final thing! It'll be nice having a good mansion again. Oh, and once you finally go to WDW Head Mouse, you can see the spiders at Jungle Cruise.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh man! I missed the "Restarted goof"! Why didn't anyone tell me there was craziness in this thread?

:lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

I'm sorry, I can't get over "Restarted goof!". Give me a second.

:lol:

Ok, I'm done. On topic once more, that's a great picture! Nice findin' Merf. I too care about the mirrors! Mirror gags are great. I can't wait to see the final thing! It'll be nice having a good mansion again. Oh, and once you finally go to WDW Head Mouse, you can see the spiders at Jungle Cruise.

I guess the only thing worse than being a restarted goof is being a stalled goof.:shrug:

Erika

Ooooooh, I love the Escher-ness. :sohappy:
01.gif

And let's stay on track please :cool:

kaylasmom

Ignore.....

This is the first time I have posted in a long time. The last time I posted was in the midst of the Thrawn era. This reminds me a lot of that.

My take.... I like the HM the way it is, cheesy spiders and all. But it is rather dated and needs some serious maintenance, so if they update some things, good. Sometimes change is good, sometimes not. In life, one must take the good with the bad. And as the old addage goes, "the more things change the more they stay the same", so it's really all in how you look at it.

But the personal attacks on these boards are just plain ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you're not always going to like what others have to say. But what are you going to do? Type each other to death????

Make your point and move on.

...and when all else fails... IGNORE!!!

JMO

culturenthrills

I was only expecting MK to get the DL upgrades but to hear that not only are we getting new versions of the upgrades that DL got but that we are getting a new scene in an area that really wasn't used well with some cheap Halloween decoration spiders is awesome. I hope this sets a good tone with the other upgrades that are being discussed for SM and JC. It would be really cool if we get the DL upgrades for those attractions but also some unique elements only at the MK.

As far as story goes their is a story for the new bride in the DL version of the ride. You can see it in the portraits and the set design in the attic. It will be interesting if we get the same exact set up here.

culturenthrills

I never see the strings, unless you squint really hard when the light hits it. I assume most people don't do that...

Other than that, it's an amazing effect! I can't wait to see the improved version!

I must admit, while I'm very happy this Haunted Mansion is getting a lot of attention and improved effects, I can't help but feel a tad jealous that DL isn't getting them:lookaroun

It will be interesting to see how the Floating Leota is going to be here. I have known for awhile that the tech they are using is different from the one in DL so it will be interesting to see if it looks better.

Baums101

LMAO, yes lets just keep the HM just the way it was A MUSEUM!! Honestly the spiders were the cheesiest effect ever used in the whole of WDW. They were simply a filler for a previously removed effect that somehow became permanent. They were awful looking and cheaply executed. Please tell me, what did the spiders bring to the "Plot" of the mansion?

I mean honestly the addition of a new scene is the best thing to happen to HM since it opened decades ago. Why complain about a couple cheesy plastic spiders being removed? There are more important things in the world to worry about than the loss of a couple crappy effects.:rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more. They looked like the spiders you buy at a walgreens. This refurb puts the Haunted Mansion to its peak.:sohappy:

brkgnews

Dude -- I'm telling you. Put a big-@$$ "MOUSERMERF" and "EXCLUSIVELY FOR WDWMAGIC.COM" on your photos. Heck, I'll even send you a watermark file for photoshop that you can just drag/drop your photos into. That way, if they do yoink it, at least they'll have to advertise us.

I realize that you personally didn't take this photo, but you could still put some notation onto it, like "shown by mousermerf at wdwmagic.com or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom