Haunted Mansion details begin to emerge

Buried20KLeague

I don't care if they are made of solid gold and actually move over to the doombuggy with me and sit down. the HM needs a refurb. not a plot change. The story line was fine. just need some fixes her and there. and this removal of the spider scene REALLY ticks me off.

What story line???

I've heard a lot of people get bent out of shape about some pretty goofy stuff on this site... But getting mad about removal of the single most pointless and cheap area in probably any of the HM's all across the world to replace it with something new and more permanent, that has no effect what so ever on the so called "plot" (that doesn't exist currently)?

MMMmmmmmkay. :rolleyes:

head mouse

LMAO, yes lets just keep the HM just the way it was A MUSEUM!! Honestly the spiders were the cheesiest effect ever used in the whole of WDW. They were simply a filler for a previously removed effect that somehow became permanent. They were awful looking and cheaply executed. Please tell me, what did the spiders bring to the "Plot" of the mansion?

I mean honestly the addition of a new scene is the best thing to happen to HM since it opened decades ago. Why complain about a couple cheesy plastic spiders being removed? There are more important things in the world to worry about than the loss of a couple crappy effects.:rolleyes:

Please tell me what does a bunch of stair bring to the new plot?

And if there are more important things to worry about then why are you even here wasting your time on this board?

head mouse

What story line???

I've heard a lot of people get bent out of shape about some pretty goofy stuff on this site... But getting mad about removal of the single most pointless and cheap area in probably any of the HM's all across the world to replace it with something new and more permanent, that has no effect what so ever on the so called "plot" (that doesn't exist currently)?

MMMmmmmmkay. :rolleyes:

Apparently you never looked deep into the mansion. There WAS a current story line. Go to www.doombugies.com and study.

And if anyone has a problem with what I am saying, please direct yourself to my sig.

Thank You

Champion

I don't care if they are made of solid gold and actually move over to the doombuggy with me and sit down. the HM needs a refurb. not a plot change. The story line was fine. just need some fixes her and there. and this removal of the spider scene REALLY ticks me off.

Remember folks, as we always see on these forums, any change is a bad change.

How about, before you whine, you wait and see if there is an improvement to the attraction by making these changes? But you have already passed judgment that this is bad, despite there being two months still before you can ride it.

kcnole

There has never been an official plot to the HM. There has been fan generated plots, but there's never been a plot. The spider scene has always been just filler. For someone to be upset that the worst effect in the whole ride will be replaced with something of quality is laughable. People really will get upset about anything on these boards.

To Test Track. If you can't get to wdwmagic.com, try going via the ip address to see if you can get in. It may just be the dns name blocked. The IP address is 62.105.97.14

TestTrack

Um.. there WAS a plot. every hard core WDW HM fan knows this.

And its not the point of how much money the scene cost to make it's the point of Disney taking yet another classics and changing it. so it is no longer the original classic it once was. Like PotC. The classic ride is gone and will never return. Disney needs to understand that even though there is a new generation to please, they still need to please those of us that helped make Disney what it is. if they remove all our old classic favs then we have no nostalgia and it' sno longer the same theme park.

You still haven't explained how updating some effects change the story line

Buried20KLeague

Apparently you never looked deep into the mansion. There WAS a current story line. Go to www.doombugies.com and study.

And if anyone has a problem with what I am saying, please direct yourself to my sig.

Thank You

The only potential story line for the HM is that it's a "retirement home for ghosts". And if that's the story line you're referring to, then the goofy plastic spiders have nothing to do with it.

And I have done my research. From Disney. Not a fan. Check out "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies". Then get back to us.

bgraham34

I am getting so excited about this. The downside with the refurb is when i go in Sept, its usually no longer then a 5 minute wait but now much much longer i am sure.

head mouse

There has never been an official plot to the HM. There has been fan generated plots, but there's never been a plot. The spider scene has always been just filler. For someone to be upset that the worst effect in the whole ride will be replaced with something of quality is laughable. People really will get upset about anything on these boards.

Your not seeing the point. it' snot about the quality of the effect. So if they replaced the cheap spiders with some better AA spiders that cost a lot of money it would be ok? Who cares. some of the best haunted house in the world are done with cheap effects.

The point is that its a classic and it don't need changed.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Doombuggies.com supports the made-up fan fiction version of HM which is not the designers intent. The HM has no plot.

It was designed that way. It is a series of weird events and happenings, but has no plot or storyline. Similiarly, Pirates was originally intended to be plotless and a menagerie of vignettes, but with the movies coming along the plot was applied and fleshed out - though it's still vague at best.

head mouse

You still haven't explained how updating some effects change the story line

well, if WDW is copping DL then the new plot is about a bride that kills her husbands blah blah blah. Go read Doombugies.com people. dang. I am not going to sit here and do the research for you.

head mouse

Doombuggies.com supports the made-up fan fiction version of HM which is not the designers intent. The HM has no plot.

It was designed that way. It is a series of weird events and happenings, but has no plot or storyline. Similiarly, Pirates was originally intended to be plotless and a menagerie of vignettes, but with the movies coming along the plot was applied and fleshed out - though it's still vague at best.

THERE IS A PLOT

Thats the whole thing about Disney. ALL of their attractions tell a story. Kinda a thing they do. There is not one single attraction at Disney that does not have a story.

Even PotC had a plot before it was changed. hence helping the plot in the movie.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Umm, no.

There's not a single Disney attraction that doesn't have a theme. Theme is not plot. Theme is not story.

Explain Dumbo by your "every ride has a story."

And if you want to get snippy, i had Eddie Sotto pose the same question to me when i insisted "story" was essential.

head mouse

I am done with this. Eaither you are all a bunch of young kids or your a bunch of adults that don't know the meaning of classic and nastalgic.

As my quote says. The "NEW" Disney is killing Disney

head mouse

Umm, no.

There's not a single Disney attraction that doesn't have a theme. Theme is not plot. Theme is not story.

Explain Dumbo by your "every ride has a story."

And if you want to get snippy, i had Eddie Sotto pose the same question to me when i insisted "story" was essential.

Ever see the movie DUMBO????? guess not.

Again I say EVERY ATTRACTION HAS A STORY. The theme is part of that story (they kinda have to go hand in hand). If not it wouldn't be Disney. it would be six flags.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I am done with this. Eaither you are all a bunch of young kids or your a bunch of adults that don't know the meaning of classic and nastalgic.

May it rest in peace.. or pieces, off the side of Woodpecker lane, to never be seen by guests again :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I would tend to agree. POTC was simply a series of scenes of a bunch of pirates pillaging a seaport.

Haunted Mansion was a series of scenes from a Haunted Mansion. The only story line that I would tend to recognize was that you went into the Mansion, you were told to "try and find a way out", which is what your journey through the Mansion is reflective of. If the orriginal attraction had never had a bride in the attic, the pipe in the concrete would have never been given wedding ring status. Not every attraction needs a theme or a story. Sometimes a roller coaster is justs a roller coaster....

Buried20KLeague

K. See ya. :wave:

Hey Merf, great pic. I'm going to ask your question again... Do we know who that is in the picture?? It's obviously regarding our mansion... Weird that it would be leaked out. I mean, it looks like one of the "classic" Disney behind the scenes pictures that they take for posterity.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To get this back on topics: Whoo picture!

stairwayhm.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom