News Haunted Mansion closing for short refurbishment in August 2023

Bocabear

With the Constance storyline in the attic it would play well...as the Haberdasher to the wedding party that was inadvertently chopped during one of the Bride's moods.... I mean. that hat was just not right.... lol

Pepper's Ghost

What do yall consider a ghost manifesting? Is it the presence of a ghost or seeing a ghost? I'm asking because beyond the coffin there are other examples.

There's the stretching room, but maybe people consider it more corpse than ghost. There's the ghost on the library ladder moving the book. There's a piano playing ghost with a shadow on the ground (I think the shadow still exists). The stairwell scene has footsteps on the stairs. The hallway has ghosts tapping on doors.

Personally, I don't think any Leota rule works very well so I'm now more inclined to include before Leota. While I thought attic before it may be too cluttered. Hearing the ghost bride before seeing her I think works well, and I think essentially sharing audio time with HBG is too much, plus if they are are across from one another it forces choosing whom to direct attention. So before Leota, maybe put in HBG where the knight's armor is located. It's a revealing effect to turn toward the long hallway, but it’s currently not revealing very much. Hearing HBG and then having the buggie turn to face him close would be a better effect, imo, if there's another time for full visual before buggie turns again.
I have a general interest in ghostly things, although I'm not an expert, nor am I grammar expert. A manifestation in this situation is generally considered the physical visible appearance of a ghost. You're right that there are several examples of ghosts at play prior to Leota, but her seance supposedly makes them begin to be visible to the guests.

An example... seeing a seesaw moving up and down in a graveyard by itself is watching the possibility of ghosts at play, but after Leota's seance the ghosts manifest and you can see them actually on the seesaw.

I feel like I'm giving a very serious response to something kinda of silly. :rolleyes:🤣

999th Happy Haunt

The Marvel Haunted Mansion comic book has a moment where the Hatbox Ghost takes the protagonist through the Escher Stairs and explains how every Haunted Mansion worldwide is connected through these stairs. It’s implied that the reason he’s been absent from the New Orleans mansion for so long is because he’s been visiting mansions around the world for a long time. This is my favorite interpretation of the character, it’s much more true to the ride than whatever the movie looks to be doing with him. Highly recommend the series as a whole.

Point being, there is at least a minor connection between the character and the Escher Stairs, even if it’s not well known.

TheMaxRebo

The site that can't be named is reporting that during the August Closure they will start work on the installation for the Hat Box Ghost but it won't be completed then

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
The site that can't be named is reporting that during the August Closure they will start work on the installation for the Hat Box Ghost but it won't be completed then
Also said they are still building the animatronic. Doesn't it seem like an abnormally long time for this? It's just one animatronic, and it was announced almost a year ago.

Turtlekrawl

Also said they are still building the animatronic. Doesn't it seem like an abnormally long time for this? It's just one animatronic, and it was announced almost a year ago.
I’d like to answer “yes, it does seem like a long time.” But this is what we have come to expect.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

1689177332613.png

I know who I trust more.

I'm not trusting the word of the only site to mention this, and one that has a major axe to grind with Disney.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The Marvel Haunted Mansion comic book has a moment where the Hatbox Ghost takes the protagonist through the Escher Stairs and explains how every Haunted Mansion worldwide is connected through these stairs. It’s implied that the reason he’s been absent from the New Orleans mansion for so long is because he’s been visiting mansions around the world for a long time. This is my favorite interpretation of the character, it’s much more true to the ride than whatever the movie looks to be doing with him. Highly recommend the series as a whole.

Point being, there is at least a minor connection between the character and the Escher Stairs, even if it’s not well known.
You've seen this, right?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If true, yes, especially considering it would (presumably) be a clone of an animatronic that they have already built (which, at that, isn't a terribly complicated animatronic... at least when comparing against things like Hondo or the Shaman of Songs).

The timing would be particularly poor though if it isn't installed during this time given the release date for the new movie (which features Hatbox Ghost) and coincides so well with the start of the Halloween Season... then again, if they are anticipating the movie bombing, maybe they don't want the installation of the new animatronic debuted anywhere close to the debut of the movie to avoid any potential negative remarks/responses...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If true, yes, especially considering it would (presumably) be a clone of an animatronic that they have already built (which, at that, isn't a terribly complicated animatronic... at least when comparing against things like Hondo or the Shaman of Songs).

The timing would be particularly poor though if it isn't installed during this time given the release date for the new movie (which features Hatbox Ghost) and coincides so well with the start of the Halloween Season... then again, if they are anticipating the movie bombing, maybe they don't want the installation of the new animatronic debuted anywhere close to the debut of the movie to avoid any potential negative remarks/responses...

I don't think the box office projections are such that the HBG is a must-have synergistic addition for the movie release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom