News Haunted Mansion closing for short refurbishment in August 2023

solidyne

LOL - you probably weren't asking seriously, but just in case: it's a makeshift see-saw, a plank upon which a king and queen are (per the Readalong record I had as a kid and still have practically memorized!) "teetering on a gravestone." It's here at roughly the 5:30 mark:

It was one of my favorite images from the book, and one of the things I was most excited to spot in the graveyard when I first visited WDW around age 8. :) I do hope every Haunted Mansion lover will check out that little record/book linked above at some point, because it explains a few things guests sometimes misinterpret about the attraction, such as what's happening when you go out the attic window and descend into the graveyard (not leaping to your death, as I've heard many guests inform their companions in hushed whispers, but escaping the attic by climbing out the window onto a balcony, and then down a tree). Of course, at the end of the day, the Haunted Mansion story is whatever each guest imagines and wants it to be, but even as a kid, I guess I was a stickler for interpreting things based on the source material!

I'm excited about the Hatbox ghost addition, but sorry it doesn't look like it will be making an appearance when we visit next week! It may be years before we get back, at which time we'll probably be looking at a B-mode version, "Disco Hatbox Ghost." ;)

I was joking, but I LOVE this reply! As a child of the 70s I had this record! This voice and many of the lines are coming back to me. Thanks for posting!

ETA: The voice is right, but there seems to be some (definitely non-70s) music added.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

The original Hitchhiking Ghosts were much creepier and more authentic to the Mansion as compared to the cartoons we have now.

Anyone else agree?

I like them both for different reasons. I will say, the novelty of the projection ghosts has worn off. I wish they were a little more realistic and creepy - and the gags maybe a bit more subtle. As tech has evolved, I think they could use an update.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The Mummy Returns to the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World​

Haunted-Mansion_Full_52601.jpg

Haunted-Mansion_Full_52602.jpg

jeanericuser001

I guess the mummy tried to go see Imhotep at universal but sadly the traffic was horrible getting there, the crowds were big, the wait for the ride was long, and after that getting home took even longer. Thankfully he has wrapped up his journey and is ready to spend time having his daily tea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom