Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Thread

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
no leave the sound system alone at Disneyland. Florida's stretching room has this awful squeaky and creaky noise that plays over the ghost host's monologue as the room stretchs that is supposed to add to the illusion of the room stretching and it is sooo distracting and uncessary. the original imagineers designed the show to be presented a certain away and adding uneeded creeks was not one of them.

The creaking sound effects are present in the DL version too. You can only really hear them if the APs in the room stop talking over the narration.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The creaking sound effects are present in the DL version too. You can only really hear them if the APs in the room stop talking over the narration.
Really? I have never heard them or noticed them in Disneyland's Mansion my entire life. Even when the other people in the stretching room were quiet. (And yes i have had both extremes 1. People just being loud and spouting the ghost host's monologue line for line 2. People actually being decent and quiet snd enjoying the experience of the room). I have watched many on ride videos of you tube of Disney's Mansion because I miss it and have never heard that. But I can hear it clearly even over people talking in video of Disney Wolrds Mansion

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Whelp, i am assuming this being a D23 Expo year that there will be a panel presentation related to The Mansion's 50th.
Seems to me that would be a no brainer, and would likely be filled to capacity with attendees.

I can also see maybe a cool Disney Archives display featuring memorabilia and props related to the Attraction.
That would be welcome.
I'm not sure if the Archives has enough 'displayable' stuff for such a thing, but it would be nice to see something related to it's long history and initial creation.
Perhaps even showcase it's 'spinoffs' around the world ( Phantom Manor, etc. ).

It's a given that we will see some 50th merchandise and high end collectibles this year at the Parks and through Disney's online retailers.
Disney had quite a bit of Mansion merch for the last couple of 'anniversaries' so i'm expecting some new items for the big 5-0.
The new Madame Leota display currently in Disneyland's 'Disney Gallery' shop is pretty cool....check it out if you have not seen it yet!

-

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Not sure how accurate this is, but...

https://.com/2019/05/the-haunted-ma...event-taking-place-this-august-at-disneyland/

https:///2019/05/haunted-mansion-50th-anniversary-disneyland-mg1/

180º

Not sure how accurate this is, but...

https:///2019/05/haunted-mansion-50th-anniversary-disneyland-mg1/

mickEblu

Cool but I didn’t see one piece of merch I’m interested in. Hopefully they ll be some better stuff in that catalogue. Or did the article already showcase all the stuff that was in the catalogue? 😞

Mac Tonight

It’s back up....

$299!?!?!?!
For that price, they better let us sleep in the mansion overnight!

Mac Tonight

Yea that’s going to be a No for me lol. Kind of disappointed with the merch. I don’t see anything that I like more than my Olszewski hitchhiking ghosts light box or set of miniature stretching room portraits.
Same. Another overpriced Disney event to "celebrate" part of their history with cheap merch and lackluster food. If only they'd put the money this event will cost them back into the upkeep of the actual attraction, we'd all win!

George Lucas on a Bench

I guess I just don't feel any connection with the 50th anniversary of the HM because I was born into a world that already had it around for a while. This sounds like a merch/Instagram thing. If they really want me to celebrate, don't change it into a neon cartoon puppet show a week later.

mickEblu

Lol, they are charging you $300 so you can get in and they can charge you more for crappy merchandise... but only if you win a lottery. I think I just realized we don’t like these events because it sheds a light on the worst part of the same spectrum we re all on.

Most of us spend a lot of money to stand in lines, deal with crowds, eat mediocre food, buy new merchandise and ride the same old rides over and over and over. My non AP fam/ friends think I’m crazy in the same way I think someone who would pay $300 for this event is crazy.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Lol, they are charging you $300 so you can get in and they can charge you more for crappy merchandise... but only if you win a lottery. I think I just realized we don’t like these events because it sheds a light on the worst part of the same spectrum we re all on.

Most of us spend a lot of money to stand in lines, deal with crowds, eat mediocre food, buy new merchandise and ride the same old rides over and over and over. My non AP fam/ friends think I’m crazy in the same way I think someone who would pay $300 for this event is crazy.

Well.. I can't tell you how close I was to pulling the trigger on getting a Disney Premier Passport.. then Disney made the decision for me by yanking the price way up to 2 grand.

The hard, toilet-water-in-your-face truth is this;
The more the crowds keep going up and biting into Chapek's newest offerings, the worse it's all going to get.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s back up....

I would only do this if it was one of those "Sleepover in Haunted Mansion" events.

Stevek

Same. Another overpriced Disney event to "celebrate" part of their history with cheap merch and lackluster food. If only they'd put the money this event will cost them back into the upkeep of the actual attraction, we'd all win!
Is it really overpriced if it sells out? Sure, you and I won’t pay that much but plenty of folks will. Disney knows what they can get away with for the most part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom