Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Thread

180º

A year without Haunted Mansion Holiday.
giphy.gif

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If Disney could find a way to do ride photos of the ghosts sitting in the doombuggies with guests--without being intrusive or noticeable-- that would be great. Have the photo purchase booth back toward the train tracks.
I can't tell you how much I dislike that idea. On ride photos should never be a thing in our mansion like they have at Disney World and it is totally not necessary or welcomed by me.

Rich T

That’s cool. It was just a thought. I wasn’t aware WDW was doing it already.

But what if there was absolutely no indication it was happening while riding? Guests already pose and showboat during that scene; what difference would a silent, no-flash camera make?

mickEblu

But what if there was absolutely no indication it was happening while riding? Guests already pose and showboat during that scene; what difference would a silent, no-flash camera make?

Kind of like on Buzz but higher resolution.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Haunted Mansion is a dark ride so you are going to have to have a flash somewhere. Disney World's portrait changing hall is part of the actual doom buggy ride and the medusa pic takes your photo. they tried to disguise the flash as a part of the lightning but it sticks out as waaaay too bright when compared to the other lightning. all you see is the rider in the buggy looking bored. it makes no sense to have it in the ride at all. I get why people like to have pics taken on rides. when I go on a coaster and they have a camera I pose for the camera. on coasters it makes sense. you know there is a camera in advance, and it usually is at a thrilling part of the ride so you get good reactions. you can see the coaster train and tracks and the reaction of people in the other seats in train in the background. the mansion is not a thrilling ride. in the Disney world pics, you can barely tell the person is sitting in the buggy. if you are to do it, 1. have it in a exciting portion of the ride ie the graveyard, the ballroom the hitchhiking ghosts, 2. back the camera up to capture the area of the mansion the person is in so you can tell where the photo took place. it's really a horrible idea and not needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom